• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young, The Referees and the difference the last 2 games

thecampster

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

SGA never complains and also goes out of his way to have positive interactions with refs = gets calls

Trae has whined his way through his entire 6 year career = doesn't get calls

Cute.  Check in if/when they turn on him.  Tell us how those 'interactions' go then. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, shakes said:

SGA never complains and also goes out of his way to have positive interactions with refs = gets calls

Trae has whined his way through his entire 6 year career = doesn't get calls

SGA is #3 in the league in FTA per game.  Trae is #4 in the league in FTA per game.  Pretending like one gets all the calls and the other doesn't get calls is almost deliberately disingenuous.  Both are top 5 in the league in drawing foul calls and getting free throws out of it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shakes said:

Disagree whole heartedly with this.   Elite players deserve a more favorable whistle than scrubs.  Elite players are the ones getting hacked up and down the court and need to be protected.   Elite players are the ones who have the ball in their hands most of the game and invite the most attention.

NBA isn't communist San Francisco, the bums don't get to eat at the same restaurants as the rich people in the NBA.

Die on that hill if you want, that’s your business.

Most of us enjoy competition and just want to see the players play. Leave the politics out of it. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

SGA is #3 in the league in FTA per game.  Trae is #4 in the league in FTA per game.  Pretending like one gets all the calls and the other doesn't get calls is almost deliberately disingenuous.  Both are top 5 in the league in drawing foul calls and getting free throws out of it.

SGA seeks fouls a lot less than Trae.  SGA also moves the ball more.  Yet still gets more calls.   Trae gets far less calls based on amount of times he seeks contact.

Also, Trae gets far less and ones from refs than SGA or anyone for that matter.  Gee,wonder why that is?

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let me put it like this.. Except for the one series against Portland....  When Shaq was in LAL, he could have gotten many more calls than they called for him.  He was one of those players that they decided that they would not blow the whistle for every common foul they see.  So whether he was in LAL or Miami or Cleveland, he didn't get preferential treatment from the refs. 

On the other hand or maybe it's the same hand, Lebron gets the same calls in LAL that he got in Cleveland.   It's still star treatment. 

If you want to talk about Star treatment vs. non-star treatment.. now we got something.   The other day, we saw Scottie Barnes trying to get star treatment.  There was a feeling like he expected to get certain fouls because he's a 2024 allstar.   Whereas, D Hunter gets no love from the refs ever.

You only get star treatment if you're on certain teams.  That's the whole point to me. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, shakes said:

Also, Trae gets far less and ones from refs than SGA or anyone for that matter.  Gee,wonder why that is?

Trea gets far less and ones than anyone?  I'd be interested in seeing the numbers.  And ones  have definitely been a source of frustration for all of us and Trae but I haven't compared him to anyone else (and don't follow the vast majority of guys closely enough to know how frequently they are drawing and ones).  [SGA is known as someone who drives to the rim a lot so it doesn't / wouldn't surprise me to know he is a league leader in that category like he is in overall FTA but I haven't looked.]

But I'm glad you have retreated from your prior statement that the #4 guy in FTA in the league doesn't get any calls.