• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young, The Referees and the difference the last 2 games

thecampster

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  We have fans that literally want to run off the guy who will likely eclipse Dominique Wilkins as the greatest Hawks player in the history of the team.  

It's sickening.  But it's also Atlanta.  We eat our own around here, sadly.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, hawkman said:

Pretty much. Everything turns into a "blame Trae" session no matter what the subject is. 

Are you joking? I find it's the opposite. Everything is a "make every excuse in the book for Trae" no matter what the results or our eyes tell us.

I don't know that I agree about a correlation between a broader leniency of the refs these last 2 games and Trae being out, but I do agree that Trae hunts for fouls and some ref his games, accordingly.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So explain why Hunter gets such bad calls.  Before this year he almost never complained.  He's doing it a little more but still probably the most quiet guy on the floor and still gets horrendous fouls called against him.  

Hunter doesn't get calls cause he acts like a beta so refs refuse to acknowledge him.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

SGA gets a much more favorable whistle. You can barely touch him. Trae only became an Ahole to the refs when they started swallowing the whistle. Doesn’t make it right, but I guarantee SGA would be pretty frustrated too if he got the same treatment.

😂 good job completely missing the point while at the same time completely proving my point.  That's hard to do.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae doesn't get calls because he acts like an Alpha on the court.  Dre doesn't get calls because he acts like a beta on the court.  Sounds like you don't know how you want the players to act.  Of course, it wouldn't matter if the refs would just call a foul a foul instead of, as you are suggesting, having to have the players act a certain kind of way to get rewarded with a foul call.  

naw, Hunter doesn't get calls cause he's a below average NBA player.  refs don't protect bums like that.

Trae is our biggest star and our smallest player.  NBA has added "The Trae rule" because of him.  He has still prospered in spite of this.  I'm sure this rule was added because of the complaints of the officials.  

Not all officials hate Trae, but some do.  Much, if not all of this is due to his mouth, which he opens against them without giving it a second's thought.  It has the opposite effect than what he wants.  As good as he is, how much better he could be if could learn to control his tongue.  

:ahf:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

You don't think the marquee teams get better calls?  That's the NBA's whole strategy.  

Let me put it like this.. Except for the one series against Portland....  When Shaq was in LAL, he could have gotten many more calls than they called for him.  He was one of those players that they decided that they would not blow the whistle for every common foul they see.  So whether he was in LAL or Miami or Cleveland, he didn't get preferential treatment from the refs. 

On the other hand or maybe it's the same hand, Lebron gets the same calls in LAL that he got in Cleveland.   It's still star treatment. 

If you want to talk about Star treatment vs. non-star treatment.. now we got something.   The other day, we saw Scottie Barnes trying to get star treatment.  There was a feeling like he expected to get certain fouls because he's a 2024 allstar.   Whereas, D Hunter gets no love from the refs ever.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

No player in the league complains more than LeBron James, and no player gets more favorable calls either.  

The fact of the matter is, if you swapped Young and Doncic, Doncic would be the one not getting the favorable calls.  I'm convinced that the NBA would prefer Young on another team so he would be more marketable to them.  

Well, you could say we out ourselves in this hole......

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shakes said:

naw, Hunter doesn't get calls cause he's a below average NBA player.  refs don't protect bums like that.

You’ve made a compelling case relating to fouls.  Not dealing with Trae or Dre but against the refs who aren’t able to do their jobs and call the game based on what players do instead of who the players are.

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

this is a serious question btw.

I think you are safe to unblock him and engage.  You can always reblock but I don't see why it should come to that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t know who needs to hear this but,

Trae Young did not invent foul baiting

Trae Young was not the first player to complain to the refs.

Embiid cries for whistles and gets them. Lebron cries and gets them. Luka cries. Every ball dominant player cries. Hate the game not the player.

A foul is a foul. Should not matter the name of the player. Continuation should be the same for every player, especially in the same game with the same refs.

If the refs are that butthurt by Trae Young, they should re evaluate their profession. Fans pay to see the players play. Not the refs

Say this again for the sheeple in the back that believe Trae is the bane of the existence of the league. 

And I'll toss another log in the fire.  How folks feelin about SGA, who lives on a steady diet of sawft whistles? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Say this again for the sheeple in the back that believe Trae is the bane of the existence of the league. 

And I'll toss another log in the fire.  How folks feelin about SGA, who lives on a steady diet of sawft whistles? 

SGA never complains and also goes out of his way to have positive interactions with refs = gets calls

Trae has whined his way through his entire 6 year career = doesn't get calls

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

A foul is a foul. Should not matter the name of the player. Continuation should be the same for every player, especially in the same game with the same refs.

Disagree whole heartedly with this.   Elite players deserve a more favorable whistle than scrubs.  Elite players are the ones getting hacked up and down the court and need to be protected.   Elite players are the ones who have the ball in their hands most of the game and invite the most attention.

NBA isn't communist San Francisco, the bums don't get to eat at the same restaurants as the rich people in the NBA.