• Zaccharie Risacher, 6'9", 205 lbs, JL Bourg

TIER 3

• Tidjane Salaun, 6'9", 203 lbs, Cholet
  • Ja'Kobe Walter, 6'5", 180 lbs, Baylor
  • Kel'el Ware, 7'0", 223 lbs, Indiana
  • Yves Missi, 6'10", 235 lbs, Baylor
  • Tyler Smith, 6'11", 224 lbs, Ignite 
  • Like 3

1) Castle. That’s as far as I’ve gotten. 

for the Cody Williams believers - can someone sell me on why he breaks the mold of brothers in the NBA? If there are brothers in the league - it’s almost 100% that 1 will be significantly better than the other. Jalen Williams is better than Cody. Due to my exactly inexact science of the history of bros in the NBA - why will Cody be anything other than - at best - an average bench player? Not worth a top 10 pick. 

the balls are really the only ones I can remember that broke the trend. 

18 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

for the Cody Williams believers - can someone sell me on why he breaks the mold of brothers in the NBA? If there are brothers in the league - it’s almost 100% that 1 will be significantly better than the other. Jalen Williams is better than Cody. Due to my exactly inexact science of the history of bros in the NBA - why will Cody be anything other than - at best - an average bench player? Not worth a top 10 pick. 

Jalen Williams also had 3 years of development in college and wasn't really good until his third season in college.

Pau and Marc Gasol.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

I wouldn't base anything on the history of brothers in sports.  I would base it on the scouting reports for the individual player.  Similarly, I wouldn't base anything in my draft on the history of fathers and sons.  Just because Dell Curry had Steph Curry doesn't mean I want to draft Steph Curry's son or LeBron's son.  Scout the individual player and make your decision.  

As KB noted, the Gasol brothers were highly successful and there are others who have had reasonable success like the Van Arsdale twins who were both 3x All-Stars.  (Seth Curry didn't even get drafted and has had a very nice career as a rotation player but that doesn't make me like any other brother more or less).

Again, I don't see a trend here that is meaningful.  Scout Cody on his own merits.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't base anything on the history of brothers in sports.  I would base it on the scouting reports for the individual player.  Similarly, I wouldn't base anything in my draft on the history of fathers and sons.  Just because Dell Curry had Steph Curry doesn't mean I want to draft Steph Curry's son or LeBron's son.  Scout the individual player and make your decision.  

As KB noted, the Gasol brothers were highly successful and there are others who have had reasonable success like the Van Arsdale twins who were both 3x All-Stars.  (Seth Curry didn't even get drafted and has had a very nice career as a rotation player but that doesn't make me like any other brother more or less).

Again, I don't see a trend here that is meaningful.  Scout Cody on his own merits.

We could even even mention the Teague brothers. Marquis was a 5 star and Jeff a 3 star 

• Like 2

My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek on the brothers - tho history seems to lean towards supporting my opinion … it’s just an observation.  

I really just don’t believe in Cody as a prospect. If his brother wasn’t Jalen, is he even in consideration as a lottery pick? 

cody has not impacted the game in a meaningful way. He’s kind of average in everything with not even a “good” trait at this stage. Banking on a similar development curve as his outlier brother seems like a mistake to me.  Throw on top of that how much improvement and strength needs to be added to his frame while not losing any athleticism has me in the camp of I’m not touching that guy in the top 20. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek on the brothers - tho history seems to lean towards supporting my opinion … it’s just an observation.  

I really just don’t believe in Cody as a prospect. If his brother wasn’t Jalen, is he even in consideration as a lottery pick? 

cody has not impacted the game in a meaningful way. He’s kind of average in everything with not even a “good” trait at this stage. Banking on a similar development curve as his outlier brother seems like a mistake to me.  Throw on top of that how much improvement and strength needs to be added to his frame while not losing any athleticism has me in the camp of I’m not touching that guy in the top 20. 

What you are really asking is whether scouts are evaluating him based on his own measurables, skills, and performance or whether they are banking on him being like his brother.  I'm saying any scout that is evaluating him based on his brother should be fired because they aren't doing their job.  Siblings are not similar enough to bank on similar development.  Any scout doing that would be foolish.

My interest in him is based more than anything on his frame and athleticism which from the scouting reports I've seen give scouts a lot of optimism about how good he could be in the future.  I'm reviewing those as if he didn't have a brother.