• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Sarr isn't close to ready to play in the rotation, even as a 10th man. He's raw no matter where he plays right now. He's like a raw piece of clay that needs to be molded but he lacks toughness, he's soft, and he's weak. He's really not a big man at all. The argument is, he got a lot of potential on the perimeter. His base for ball handling is decent. He got legit upside as an overall player but he's just lacks a position right now. 

That means he's perfect for us . . . on a team who routinely plays SGs at PF

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Atlanta teams gonna Atlanta.  If any other team had the 1, and Sarr was their choice, everyone would say it was good pick....but nooo, Atlanta gets the 1 and the damn fans are already in peak season "we s*ck" form.  I'm here for all the chaos this offseason brings! We love it! Get to work insiders!

IMG_6132.gif

It's only about a very vocal 7% of fans who are mad at this.

Toss up a poll so we can really gage how we feel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That means he's perfect for us . . . on a team who routinely plays SGs at PF

Thats more positive based on Quin than our fit. He maybe a fit with Quin but Trae is our best player. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae turned Damion Jones into a viable rim lob threat.

When it comes to bigs, Trae is the King Maker.

He was still a shit screener and Jones is literally a much better PnR finisher as a prospect. Sarr is bad at everything around the rim but finishing lobs. He's not a big. Jones is just an extremely limited big. 

12 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Not saying he's Giannis...

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Giannis was pick 15 on a team with nothing with upside. He was given so much patience. The Hawks have a team built around Trae Young. Trae expects for us to win now. We rush this guy and put him at the 5, we our gonna f*** up our investment asap. 

The risk is way too high. Everyone that wants us to draft him are comparing him to polished guys 10x better than he is. He may have more talent than most guys, hell, he would be one of the most talented players in last year's draft too but his floor is so damn low. 

I don't like it and comparing it to Giannis doesn't speak to where we are and where we are with the pick.

I said I'm not comparing him to Giannis....and then you literally proceed to compare him to Giannis???

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I said I'm not comparing him to Giannis....and then you literally proceed to compare him to Giannis???

You posted Giannis. I am saying this is not the same situation like Giannis. We have a franchise player. We also have expectations. Giannis was given years to become who he has become. We don't have that time to give 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Packfill said:

If that were true OO and CC would be kings.

CC was a king, he just got old.

OO was looking good before his injury.

Also the stats support it, Trae has both guys finishing in the top 10 as lob targets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly think Sarr at 3 would be a difference maker 

JJ | Sarr | OO is the direction I'm leaning right now and I don't hate it.

Pretty sure Sarr can block shots and rim run right now while the rest of his game polishes up. We have the best PG in the league for him to do that at a high level as a rookie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If the Hawks are taking Sarr or Clingan with the #1 pick they will need to move one of CC or OO to open up playing time.  

If the Hawks do not move a big or move DJM then the cleanest fit at #1 is arguably Risacher who would slot in initially as the top big wing off the bench.  

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You posted Giannis. I am saying this is not the same situation like Giannis. We have a franchise player. We also have expectations. Giannis was given years to become who he has become. We don't have that time to give 

He can and WILL get stronger...all I was comparing. Could have been a pic of Dwight Howard for all I care.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Winning combination:  6 - 10 - 13 - 14

Sum of those numbers:  43

43 / 4 = 10.75

round up 10.75 . . . .

He should be very frustrated, he's having as good a season as he's had in  the NBA” - JJ Redick believes Trae Young should be frustrated with the  Atlanta Hawks' inability to

It's somewhat surprising that Trae is so quiet at the moment... very quiet indeed.

Additionally, it's beneficial for the Squawk, as this place will likely see increased traffic due to the #1 pick and the current situation with Trae/DJ.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

CC was a king, he just got old.

OO was looking good before his injury.

Also the stats support it, Trae has both guys finishing in the top 10 as lob targets.

If those guys are already top 10 why get another big?  

I am firmly in the camp the Hawks need defense.  

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

JJ | Sarr | OO is the direction I'm leaning right now and I don't hate it.

Pretty sure Sarr can block shots and rim run right now while the rest of his game polishes up. We have the best PG in the league for him to do that at a high level as a rookie.

Some combination of DJ, Hunter, Capela for a legitimate floor spacer…

Just now, ShooterSays said:

He can and WILL get stronger...all I was comparing. Could have been a pic of Dwight Howard for all I care.

He doesn't have their frame. Giannis and Dwight had tremendous frames. Even as skinny as Giannis was, he had them broad shoulders. Sarr looks like he will be 230 max.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who do you want at 4 and 8?

Idk right now. 

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Damn . . even you approve?

What is happening today?

It comes with a bonus:  This could actually work with Trae and Sarr.  Trae would have Sarr AND Johnson.

bonusbaadshah.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

Just now, Hawkish said:

Some combination of DJ, Hunter, Capela for a legitimate floor spacer…

Ship 'em all out!

Trae | Bridges | Jalen | Sarr | OO would be a damn fun lineup. 

PG13 or one of those Pels wings could be options too.

• Like 4