• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I see him playing the 4 next to OO so I'm not as worried about his weight. Plus, he's going to fill out.

Not going to dig for it, but didn't you compare Sarr to Scottie Pippen a few pages back? We don't control our FRP for the next 3 years so we're going to have to take a risk to figure this out. A chance at Pippen sounds like a good risk to me.

We control 1 pick for the next 4 years...I'm swinging for the fences with it.

Shades ain't a direct comparison

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

PG and Bridges were the two that came to mind for me, too.   (Obviously Herb if available)

Trae | PG | Starr | JJ | OO 

If we went this route, we would use Murray to either upgrade at Center or (more likely) grab depth and picks.

F9DAF16F-C5B8-4EC7-B74F-7BC9C30ABAD5.jpeg

I thought that PG was a FA or something like that and nope for PG.

I think we might need to look at the BI situation or that is off the table now?

• Premium Member
Just now, NekiEcko said:

I thought that PG was a FA or something like that and nope for PG.

I think we might need to look at the BI situation or that is off the table now?

PG is a FA and seeking a max deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

It must be a player option then — thank you for clarifying.

Yes. For $48 mil. Clippers offered him less that a max extension and rumor is he balked.

Drafting Sarr makes the BI trade the most pointless in history. BI and JJ are essentially blocking Sarr at his best position and Sarr will f*** up Trae so much on offense and defense, it's a disaster as he has everything but what Trae needs. Even then, he needs to be in the Gleague due to offense alone and getting stronger

37 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

No reaction from Trae yet.  It's a bit puzzling.

Is it? It's mother's day. Some people are busy with family today. It'll be something if he was posting on social media all day then went silent after the lottery.  There's nothing really for him to say.  He can't be like go get Sarr or anybody else because you don't want that tweet to come up if they ultimately decide not to draft that player. 

BTW, happy mothers day @JayBirdHawk and any other mother squawks..lol

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

image.jpeg.92bca30cf1a95362693c1f78f2a3b064.jpeg
This is pre draft Giannis.  

Don’t buy into any made up garbage about his frame being better.  Giannis was a lottery ticket that cashed out big time.  He changed the way NBA teams evaluate these young international prospects.  

Also, don’t what anyone is saying if they are saying Sarr isn’t tough enough to be a center.   Wemby and Chet aren’t physical players and they are the archetypes you want in the modern nba.  

Chet is still getting abused downlow though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Drafting Sarr makes the BI trade the most pointless in history. BI and JJ are essentially blocking Sarr at his best position and Sarr will f*** up Trae so much on offense and defense, it's a disaster as he has everything but what Trae needs. Even then, he needs to be in the Gleague due to offense alone and getting stronger

If Sarr can defend switch on the perimeter I don't think we care about his offense.  You act like he has to start. He doesn't. You can get a vet place holder and bring him along as needed. 

NONE of these centers are starter ready rather you think it or not.  None of them are generational.  The one thing the Hawks need is someone who can help with this atrocious defense we keep throwing out year after year.  You can improve the roster and bring along the number 1 pick slowly whoever that may be. 

Drafting Sarr won't make Trae leave.  It's how they fill out the rest of the roster. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Exactly. Look it’s a weak draft but we have the gold piece in the weak draft OR..

As you say, pick 10th. Look beggars can’t be choosers. Stupid Adam Silver may have never given it to us. I’ll take it and love it. We are blessed today!

Some were deluded into thinking we were going to take Zach Edey at 10.  

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If Sarr can defend switch on the perimeter I don't think we care about his offense.  You act like he has to start. He doesn't. You can get a vet place holder and bring him along as needed. 

NONE of these centers are starter ready rather you think it or not.  None of them are generational.  The one thing the Hawks need is someone who can help with this atrocious defense we keep throwing out year after year.  You can improve the roster and bring along the number 1 pick slowly whoever that may be. 

Drafting Sarr won't make Trae leave.  It's how they fill out the rest of the roster. 

Offense matters a lot and defense does too. If you can't protect the paint and play well in drop coverage because you aren't a real big, you are basically a switchable big wing, nothing wrong with that if he's a 4. But as a 5, that's asking to be abused in the NBA. 

JJ also is our 4 and he's likely to be a broader line all star. We would have to trade him at some point for Sarr

Anyone thinking Sarr is this sweet fit is delusional af. There is nothing in his metrics or game film that shows a positive fit with Trae. He will be fine with Quin. He fits what Quin likes and Quin can find a center who fits Sarr. But that means we aren't playing Trae ball no more. 

If you want Sarr and you want him to work, Trae has to go. Otherwise, his bust potential is off the charts. He's terrible at every area Trae needs you to be great at. 

• Like 1