• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

pf3tmpzsr10d1.jpeg

We see what we want to see I guess.  How does this translate to wanting to be in Atlanta and excited about the No 1 pick?  He literally said nothing about the Hawks or the lottery.  And 2 months ago every insider on here was saying he wanted out and had told the org he wanted to be traded to be a PG.  But he tweets about the offseason being crazy and Trae doesn't so that must mean Trae wants out and DJ wants to stay???  

I just can't with this nonsense.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

We just got the #1 pick in the draft for the first time. We already have an established Superstar in Trae Young. The teams in this rare position did not trade their Superstar just because they got the #1 pick. They picked the best player and went on to win Championships! 

1. Los Angeles Lakers (1979): The Lakers won the draft lottery and selected Magic Johnson with the #1 pick. They already had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on their roster.
  2. Los Angeles Lakers (1982): The Lakers won the draft lottery and selected James Worthy with the #1 pick. They already had Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on their roster.
  3. San Antonio Spurs (1997): The Spurs won the draft lottery and selected Tim Duncan with the #1 pick. They already had David Robinson on their roster.
  4. Houston Rockets (1984): The Rockets won the draft lottery and selected Hakeem Olajuwon with the #1 pick. They already had Ralph Sampson on their roster.

Anything else is the literal definition of insanity. 

Nice post

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I actually don't entirely disagree. Mainly because it's SUPER WIERD that Trae has made no comment regarding us getting the #1 pick.  He is on social media on the regular...commenting on just about everything going down in the league.  Here his OWN team won the top pick in the draft (which is as good as it gets for a non-playoff team before FAcy) and...not an LOL emoji, not a retweet of the bazillions official Hawks Tweets, nada?

I would be lying if I said I wasn't waiting to hear from our star.  At least give us a "hopefully we can get someone to come in here and help us right away" standard answer.  His dad has retweeted though, so that's encouraging at least lol...

This points more to a man that just isn't on social at the moment. It was mother's day. He has kids. He might be on vacation. There's a whole host of potential reasons. 

Besides, does him just ignoring the #1 pick really even send a message? If he was pissed, he could say something sideways lol(like DJM). 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Takes like these are the ones that just really grate on my nerves.  It's all biased opinion.  You "read the tea leaves" through your own glasses and whatever bias you have in them.  You completely ignore the actual things Trae has said, the actual things Quin has said about Trae, the actual things writers with sources have said about them getting along and being on the same page and instead hang your hat on "Trae's messaging," and "Trae's silence since winning the lottery," on supposition after supposition.  It's nauseating.  

Where did I suggest that Quin and Trae do not get along?  Frankly, Quin gets along with everyone-- that's his personality and one of his coaching strengths.  One of the things I enjoy doing, particularly in our offseason, is piecing together the bits of PR and reporting we get and trying to connect what is really going on -- I think you're assuming I have a bias based on my suggestion here, but I'm not coming in here with a lot of bias.  I have season tickets and I'd rather watch Trae and a squad try to compete than a bunch of young prospects the next two years, but that's just what the FO seems to be weighing out.  You don't have to take my word for it when Woj is already reporting that we're having very real trade talks about Trae... he was clearly prompted with that before the draft.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Afro said:

This points more to a man that just isn't on social at the moment. It was mother's day. He has kids. He might be on vacation. There's a whole host of potential reasons. 

Besides, does him just ignoring the #1 pick really even send a message? If he was pissed, he could say something sideways lol(like DJM). 

Trae isn't the type to send out a bunch of PR fluff.  He either says what he feels or he stays silent, which is one of the things I respect about him.  So him being silent does sort of message something in that way -- he might have opinions on whether we should keep the pick or trade it for win now players, for instance.  And miss me with the vacation stuff, this guy has a phone and twitter lol he could tweet something in 10 seconds.  It's a meaningful data point in context with the other things we've been hearing.  I'm not saying we will trade him, but there's likely something interesting there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae isn't the type to send out a bunch of PR fluff.  He either says what he feels or he stays silent, which is one of the things I respect about him.  So him being silent does sort of message something in that way -- he might have opinions on whether we should keep the pick or trade it for win now players, for instance.  And miss me with the vacation stuff, this guy has a phone and twitter lol he could tweet something in 10 seconds.  It's a meaningful data point in context with the other things we've been hearing.  I'm not saying we will trade him, but there's likely something interesting there.

Oh come on lol. He's wealthier than any of us can imagine. It's the offseason. And y'all are really going with "he has nothing better to do than tweet within 24 hours so something HAS to be up". 

Edited by Afro
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

FYI just read another article (Fischer) as we were discussing, that had the below quote -- I'm telling you guys the smoke is real, and we are having those conversations.  They might amount to nothing but there's a real possibility we don't have Trae on the team this fall.

"And there's a growing belief among rival teams that this summer will also put All-Star Trae Young on the league’s trade block."

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'll say this much, he can't NOT post some kind of reaction to this.  Trae is a very active social media personality.  VERY active and he's good about his reactions as is his dad.  It's all good that Ray is reacting, but the lack of a message Trae is going to send a message eventually.  A bad one.

Like I said...I'd be lying if I wasn't hitting the ole F5 on his Twitter account. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Oh come on lol. He's wealthier than any of us can imagine. It's the offseason. And y'all are really going with "he has nothing better to do than tweet within 24 hours so something HAS to be up". 

It has merit.  I usually skip right on by @JeffS17's notable Trae hate lol.  This is our first ever #1.  We beat the odds.  It has an impact on our summer.  It could open the door to trades.  We might be adding a future star...  Like, there's a lot of optics around this.

Maybe he doesn't react within 24 hours, but like...it's super weird for the face of the franchise to say nothing.  He was just posting 12 hours ago too so, there's that 👀🍿
(obligatory emojis added for comedic value only lol)

• Haha 3