• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should bite the bullet and blow it all up

Sothron

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Pretty sure we can all stop dreaming about Herb Jones -- literally every team in the league could use that guy, the hardest type of role player to find (lock down defender and good shooter) and he's on a ridiculously team friendly contract.  He might be the most valuable player in the league.  And he's under contract through 2027.  No way NO has him on the table for anything other than a blue chip two-way superstar

I was trying to tell them that Herb is off the table. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Pretty sure we can all stop dreaming about Herb Jones -- literally every team in the league could use that guy, the hardest type of role player to find (lock down defender and good shooter) and he's on a ridiculously team friendly contract.  He might be the most valuable player in the league.  And he's under contract through 2027.  No way NO has him on the table for anything other than a blue chip two-way superstar

The other way of looking at is this:  What have they won WITH Herb Jones and that stacked roster?  They have a need that Jones can't provide and thats called "point guard".  Sometimes its not about the player but the team.  I'm pretty sure the Pelicans would want to keep both Ingram and Jones but what other team has the asset they NEED other than the Hawks?  It takes a BIG name to manage Zion and that crew.  I'm not disagreeing with you but there IS a reason for the Pelicans to consider it.  A team with very good players but no point guard is like a Benz with no engine. 

A side note factor in this is this:  Last season and maybe this season before the trade deadline, the Pelicans would have asked for Jalen Johnson in ANY deal just like the rest of the NBA. With Johnson showing a propensity for being injured, I'm not so sure thats the case anymore which works in the Hawks favor.

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Would be great but we would definitely need more depth at PF in this scenario.  Hunter isn't really a viable option there and both JJ and Hunter are significant injury risks.

Can't have everything, lmao

4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I'd argue our most successful backcourt was Trae / Bogi / Huerter

Max Spacing

Any lineup with bogi has been massively successful last couple years but them two starting together doesn’t solve the biggest issues that have plagued us for years… poa defense 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

You poor old man.  I'm so sorry for you, being so old.  Hah!  I have children older than you!  I'm already 87.  Enjoy your youth while you still can!

Hawks have a lot of young pieces and two or three draft picks coming in.  Don't worry about those upcoming years (2) when we have no 1st round picks.  Instead, concentrate on what we already have available and what we may get in trade for some of our current players.  Our biggest need?  Draft them or trade for them.  

Hawks have some players that should be available for trade this summer.  Build from this.  We all need to drop the daydream that this Hawk team could be great if only we hadn't lost all those draft picks.  When did we ever draft an all-NBA player? 

:smug:

:good::good:

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Can't have everything, lmao

Even if it is just minimum contracts you'd replace Mat(t)hews with at least one power forward.  We can't be this stupid two years in a row.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

You poor old man.  I'm so sorry for you, being so old.  Hah!  I have children older than you!  I'm already 87.  Enjoy your youth while you still can!

Hawks have a lot of young pieces and two or three draft picks coming in.  Don't worry about those upcoming years (2) when we have no 1st round picks.  Instead, concentrate on what we already have available and what we may get in trade for some of our current players.  Our biggest need?  Draft them or trade for them.  

Hawks have some players that should be available for trade this summer.  Build from this.  We all need to drop the daydream that this Hawk team could be great if only we hadn't lost all those draft picks.  When did we ever draft an all-NBA player? 

:smug:

You're lucky @Gray Mule.. 

And so are your kids.....

I doubt I live that long..:sad:

I'm already having a lot of health issues.

My Dad and all of his brothers all died in their mid 70's(2 from cancer. My dad(diabetic/COVID)

My Grandmom on my Mothers side died in her late 30's from breast cancer

My Grandad on Mothers side died early 70's from liver disease

Both grandparents on my Fathers side were dead when I was born from health problems...

I'm praying I get to see my Grandkids..

My son is 19 and a freshman in College,  and Im like hurry up, Im not going to be around forever .. 😀

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 4