• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should bite the bullet and blow it all up

Sothron

12 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

It can be worse my friend....so so so much worse:

image.png.74860f9980bee29b71064626349b213d.png

This is what peak tanking looks like for those calling for it. Be careful what you wish for.

Nah draft a young PG like Reed Shephard or Dillingham and a new center with Kings pick to go with JJ Gueye Kobe ...

Shephard Bufkin JJ Gueye New center would be way more fun team to watch that ugly shit you just posted.. lol

Not to mention all of the extra $ and future picks from the trades...

We'll be back in the playin in no time.. 😂

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

OKC tanked for so many years. We only tanked for two years. 

It seems like they were tanking forever and it is JUST NOW starting to pay off. By the time they may be able to actually achieve anything, they’re going to have to let players go bc they can’t pay everyone to stay in OKC. 

I'd like to actually see them win something before admitting what they’ve done is the right way. They’re still living life high on hype/hope/potential fumes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

OKC

My lady friend watching a commercial on tv..

Who are they? 

{SGA &Chet) 

I said they are the new old Penny to Shaq :upsidedown:

She doesn’t recognize them…..

Yet…

OKC built it well and I’m not hatin.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nah draft a young PG like Reed Shephard or Dillingham and a new center with Kings pick to go with JJ Gueye Kobe ...

Shephard Bufkin JJ Gueye New center would be way more fun team to watch that ugly shit you just posted.. lol

The idea of starting over is always better than the reality. Look at Detroit. They would have taken starting over 10 out of 10 times once Griffin was done but look at them now. They are stuck in mud. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

We could literally have all of that + Trae Young. What are we even doing in this thread? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tearing it down is easy. Building it back up is the hard part. This is where we are....the HARD PART of our last rebuild. DO THE WORK!! 

It requires a real commitment (not just lip service) from ownership, a real plan with proper execution from the front office and a buy in from the coach.  There's no Easy Button.

GET TO WORK!

She's not wrong. And I know Jay cringes every time she discovers she and I agree, but this is pretty much what my attitude was last off-season.

You're going to come to this place in the road in the journey sometime after you left Tankville... what are you going to do once you get there?

So. Still. Brutal truth that no one wants to talk about... we know what Ressler is going to do once you get there...

So what's the point?

Hawks fans' options are as follows:

(a) hiatus... not acceptable to anyone here except muah, as far as I would know...

(b) collect rabbits feet, or otherwise do whatever it is you do to appeal to the random Luck gods to smile on your team... or

(c) learn to enjoy hamster life.

Or, yeah, (d), tank... and postpone circling back to this same place in a few years, prepared to do b and/or c again.

That's it. Those are your options. Choose whichever gives you greatest satisfaction.

22 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I still think the Pelicans and Griff are the ideal trade partner for this offseason...

Anything centered on DJM and including Herb Jones would be great... 

image.thumb.png.a8f5ad4d21b5eda7b1cc679122617bdb.png

No way the Pelicans move Ingram without Young being in the deal (my opinion).  Ingram AND Jones for Murray and Hunter?  I mean, again, the Pelicans are getting ripped off in that deal, lmao.   Jones and Daniels like I mentioned earlier is more LIKELY for DJM.  I like the alternative you posted but the Pelicans ain't that ignorant, lmao

• Premium Member

While I remain uncertain why anyone regards Glen Willis as holding any more compelling opinion than Joe or Jane Hawksquawker... assuming anyone does, since I'm sincerely unaware either way, having not done the poll...

This can't be all that satisfying, can it?

2024-04-19_13-12-08.png

So, yay... they made the obvious trade for Bey, thanks Golden State for that phone call... and... now comes that "hard work" of figuring out how you're going to capitalize on that trade or let it go to waste...

And? What? I'm aware of nothing they did with the Collins TPE.

And. Drafted a player in the middle of the pack who, like most players drafted in that range, might have a ceiling as a rotation player.

And. I don't know. What? What's so impressive that Glen seems to suggest there's reason for enthusiasm since Feb 2023... dunno.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed.

To be frank, we wanted to tank during the Horford years too. Everyone wants to tank again when they simply aren't contenders 

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

No way the Pelicans move Ingram without Young being in the deal (my opinion).  Ingram AND Jones for Murray and Hunter?  I mean, again, the Pelicans are getting ripped off in that deal, lmao.   Jones and Daniels like I mentioned earlier is more LIKELY for DJM.  I like the alternative you posted but the Pelicans ain't that ignorant, lmao

You see Ingram way higher than you should and you see Jones way lower than you should. 

• Moderators

Here's the thing.  This year everyone wants us to be OKC. 

Last year it was Memphis.   

Year before it was Toronto with their genius head coach.  

How those team doing now?  

Why not just build on what we have.  We have good pieces that are young.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's the thing.  This year everyone wants us to be OKC. 

Last year it was Memphis.   

Year before it was Toronto with their genius head coach.  

How those team doing now?  

Why not just build on what we have.  We have good pieces that are young.   

Memphis finally had to pay for their roster. Once that happens, you start losing players and now Ja is making 150 mil instead of 40 mil

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To be frank, we wanted to tank during the Horford years too. Everyone wants to tank again when they simply aren't contenders 

You see Ingram way higher than you should and you see Jones way lower than you should. 

No. Jones is the centerpiece of my DJM trade to the Pelicans.  I'm the one who initially brought up Jones in this thread so how in the heck do I have a lower value on him than I should?  In fact,  I'm of the belief that the Pelicans wouldn't give up Jones AND picks in my proposed trade of DJM.  Its the Hawks DESIRE TO RECOUP some of those firsts which is gonna dictate how or if they move Young or DJM.  Its WHY DJM is still on this roster. Teams don't want to give up players AND picks for DJM, especially with the Hawks not having any leverage.   

As far as Ingram goes, everybody knows the Hawks need another player who can create his own shots and has length.  You getting 20 points from Ingram and he can create his own shot.  But enough of Ingram because the Pelicans would not move him.  Jones is the guy and he is the better trade because the Hawks are not gonna move off Young.  If they can get Dyson Daniels in the deal somehow with Jones the Hawks would instantly be better defensively AND they can keep Young.  Heck, throw in AJ Griffin.  I'm not opposed to moving Bufkin too in order to get Jones and Daniels.

Edited by Hawkmoor

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The idea of starting over is always better than the reality. Look at Detroit. They would have taken starting over 10 out of 10 times once Griffin was done but look at them now. They are stuck in mud. 

So are we.. 

33 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We could literally have all of that + Trae Young. What are we even doing in this thread? lol

I'm over the Trae Young experience.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Hell, even if you are lucky enough to draft a player like that it doesn’t guaranteed you anything. Shaq never won anything in Orlando. 

No guarantees but Shaq was in the finals with Orlando so I stand by the short path idea.