• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should bite the bullet and blow it all up

Sothron

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Memphis finally had to pay for their roster. Once that happens, you start losing players and now Ja is making 150 mil instead of 40 mil

Same as here...

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The idea of starting over is always better than the reality. Look at Detroit. They would have taken starting over 10 out of 10 times once Griffin was done but look at them now. They are stuck in mud. 

Pistons had a lot of injuries too or they probably had 30- 35 wins like us.. lol

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

yes we know.. you’ve beat this opinion to death

Oh really?

Its only when its Trae y'all have a problem with it..  smh

Anyone else they just pile on... But whatever..

Edited by terrell

19 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

No. Jones is the centerpiece of my DJM trade to the Pelicans.  I'm the one who initially brought up Jones in this thread so how in the heck do I have a lower value on him than I should?  In fact,  I'm of the belief that the Pelicans wouldn't give up Jones AND picks in my proposed trade of DJM.  Its the Hawks DESIRE TO RECOUP some of those firsts which is gonna dictate how or if they move Young or DJM.  Its WHY DJM is still on this roster. Teams don't want to give up players AND picks for DJM, especially with the Hawks not having any leverage.   

As far as Ingram goes, everybody knows the Hawks need another player who can create his own shots and has length.  You getting 20 points from Ingram and he can create his own shot.  But enough of Ingram because the Pelicans would not move him.  Jones is the guy and he is the better trade because the Hawks are not gonna move off Young.  If they can get Dyson Daniels in the deal somehow with Jones the Hawks would instantly be better defensively AND they can keep Young.  Heck, throw in AJ Griffin.  I'm not opposed to moving Bufkin too in order to get Jones and Daniels.

Herb Jones trade value is a lot higher than Murray right now. Murray trade value is a lot higher than BI right now. 

Every team in the NBA right now would take Jones over BI regardless of contract and once you add contract, it's a no brainer. 

It's also fair to say Murphy has clearly more trade value than BI and maybe more than Murray but it's close. Even then, NO aren't interested in trading Murphy for Murray. 

Trade value is different than brand name of the said player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Herb Jones trade value is a lot higher than Murray right now. Murray trade value is a lot higher than BI right now. 

Every team in the NBA right now would take Jones over BI regardless of contract and once you add contract, it's a no brainer. 

It's also fair to say Murphy has clearly more trade value than BI and maybe more than Murray but it's close. Even then, NO aren't interested in trading Murphy for Murray. 

We make great trade partners with the Pels though! Gimme Zion Jose Murph Herb 🌿 we give DJ OO AJ pick.

A deal involving those not all obviously!

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let me say this another way.  I'm the one who brought up Jones initially.  You keep trying to put something out there about what I'm saying which is not true. The last thing you wrote is WHY Ingram has more value to the Hawks. BRAND, MARKETING, STEVE KOONIN, THE HYPE.  Thats what moves the needle in Atlanta, not getting complete ballers.  I would rather have Jones straight up over Ingram because he plays defense at a high level as well as scoring. We are in agreement with that.

obama-why.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You see Ingram way higher than you should and you see Jones way lower than you should. 

Part of that is Ingrams' contract status plus his upcoming new deal and how much it will cost vs Murray's 'value' contract locked in for long term.

Those things matter in trade value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Let me say this another way.  I'm the one who brought up Jones initially.  You keep trying to put something out there about what I'm saying which is not true. The last thing you wrote is WHY Ingram has more value to the Hawks. BRAND, MARKETING, STEVE KOONIN, THE HYPE.  Thats what moves the needle in Atlanta, not getting complete ballers.  I would rather have Jones straight up over Ingram because he plays defense at a high level as well as scoring. We are in agreement with that.

obama-why.gif

I don't remember writing that. I don't believe he offers much in regards to name brand other than saying we got an all star for Murray who fits Trae. He's not gonna be a difference maker. He will help but he's not boosting our biggest issue which is our floor but he's available and he wants to be here. You take what you can get and it helps that we can move Dre back to the bench in the role he shined in

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Part of that is Ingrams' contract status plus his upcoming new de vs Murray's 'value' contract locked in for long term.

Everything matters for trades.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't remember writing that.

You said " Trade value is different than brand name of the said player."   Why must you still argue after someone says they agree with you?

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You said " Trade value is different than brand name of the said player."   Why must you still argue after someone says they agree with you?

It's not about agreeing with me. This ain't a draft thread, this is about trade value and how teams perceive players. As good as Murray is, there just aren't a ton of suitors. Whereas, there are a lot of Jones. A lot of teams need what Jones brings to the table. 

That's why I said, name brand doesn't matter. That's not how trades work in the NBA in today's league 

31 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

yes we know.. you’ve beat this opinion to death

I just think its too hard to build around him with his lack of size length and athleticism..

UNLESS we have an absolute BEAST of a frontcourt..

And BIG physical wings(not the kind that look like Tarzan but play like Jane.. Cough cough Dre) that can be disruptive on D + score every where else..

Can the Hawks F.O. make that happen?

I doubt it..

Something like Trae, MIkal Bridges, Herb Jones, with Garnett and Shaq might work..... lol

But seriously, if the Hawks don't add SIZE this offseason................................THEY ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING...

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

If they can get Dyson Daniels in the deal somehow with Jones the Hawks would instantly be better defensively AND they can keep Young.  Heck, throw in AJ Griffin.  I'm not opposed to moving Bufkin too in order to get Jones and Daniels.

Sign me up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's not about agreeing with me. This ain't a draft thread, this is about trade value and how teams perceive players. As good as Murray is, there just aren't a ton of suitors. Whereas, there are a lot of Jones. A lot of teams need what Jones brings to the table. 

That's why I said, name brand doesn't matter. That's not how trades work in the NBA in today's league 

Does that block button still work?  I'm putting it to use right now.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators

NO is such an interesting team.  They have so many good pieces.  Jones, Murphy, Zion, Ingram, Daniels, McCollum, Jonas, etc. and still I don't think anyone is afraid of them.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

NO is such an interesting team.  They have so many good pieces.  Jones, Murphy, Zion, Ingram, Daniels, McCollum, Jonas, etc. and still I don't think anyone is afraid of them.

Because they don't have a true point guard.  Which is why the Hawks should be in "come on down" mode with the Pelicans:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9521ve1kfld3fig1pfzlbm

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Because they don't have a true point guard.  Which is why the Hawks should be in "come on down" mode with the Pelicans:

The fit is there to help both teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

The fit is there to help both teams.

Can you imagine the versatility and defensive acumen of this roster if the Hawks could pull this off?  I'm letting the Pelicans have Bufkin in this along with DJM.  I want Hunter off the bench where he excelled this season.  You can flip flop Daniels and Bogi at shooting guard.

pg Young, Daniels

sg Bogi, Daniels, Jones

sf Jones, Hunter, Johnson

pf Johnson, Hunter

c Capela, OO, Bruno

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

Pretty sure we can all stop dreaming about Herb Jones -- literally every team in the league could use that guy, the hardest type of role player to find (lock down defender and good shooter) and he's on a ridiculously team friendly contract.  He might be the most valuable player in the league.  And he's under contract through 2027.  No way NO has him on the table for anything other than a blue chip two-way superstar

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Can you imagine the versatility and defensive acumen of this roster if the Hawks could pull this off?  I'm letting the Pelicans have Bufkin in this along with DJM.  I want Hunter off the bench where he excelled this season.  You can flip flop Daniels and Bogi at shooting guard.

pg Young, Daniels

sg Bogi, Daniels, Jones

sf Jones, Hunter, Johnson

pf Johnson, Hunter

c Capela, OO, Bruno

Would be great but we would definitely need more depth at PF in this scenario.  Hunter isn't really a viable option there and both JJ and Hunter are significant injury risks.

• Like 2