• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Musselman is available. Let's go get him!!

KB21

He's the man for the job.

I know that he's going to come after this job. Jaywalker told me that EMuss will come after the Hawks job 100%.

He has everything we are looking for in a head coach.

*The desire to turn around a bad program.

*The attitude that losing is unacceptable.

*The system that stresses defense and an up tempo offense.

*The ability to bring out the best in young players that are capable.

*The fan attraction, seeing as how Eric has a great relationship with the Atlanta fans.

This is a no brainer. Billy Knight should have been on the phone with him the minute this was announced.

I believe the Hawks have been waiting for Golden State's decision on Musselman. Let's see if I'm right.

I wouldn't be upset if he were named the new coach. I probably prefer Fratello, by Muss is probably my second choice. Strange that my favorites are two former Hawks coaches . . . not sure if that is a good thing, as in maybe time for some completely new blood in this franchise.

Well Musselmen never really got a chance to put his "stamp" on the Hawks. He was an assistant for Kruger and not even the top assistant. He might of wrote up some plays but he still didn't have alot of say in how we played when Kruger was coach.

• Premium Member

He is not a household name and fan favorite. He may be the other things but I don't see where you are getting the fan favorite stuff.

I am for bringing in Fratello, look what Hubie has accomplished in Memphis, or course the GM of the year helped a little but Hubie is the teacher.

Players have to repsect the coach and it it apparent Musselman did not get that done in Golden State. The Hawks need a experience successful veteran coach not a young one like Musssleman.

Fratello should be the choice.

• Premium Member

Mussleman Fan Attraction???

Dude, Fans come to see the players...

If Mussleman is coach, it would be harder for us to get the players that fans come to see because our FAcy would take a hit. Also, our young players might not play much...

Let's go by the facts and not our wishes.

I think EMuss is the right choice. I still maintain that losing Arenas cost him his job. In Atlanta him and Billy can build a team around the style they want to play. I can't imagine a better place for a coach than Atlanta where there is enough capspace to build a team in the manner in which Denver did.

• Premium Member

Dude at one time or another, his whole team complained about his coaching style...

I'm not even going to argue weather or not he's a good X or O guy... Just the fact that his players don't like him makes a difference.

• Premium Member

But, I don't have a problem with Musselman. As a matter of fact, if BK isn't even looking at Fratello...then this should already be in the works. To me, it just doesn't make sense to fire an "up-and-coming" coach just to hire another; and while I would put Musselman in this catagory, I like what I heard about him as an assistant here. Despite the negative press he's gotten, I've heard he's a great motivator. Fratello excluded, I think he's much better suited to go forward with than what's available on the market.

no, but his credentials would be easy to hype and semi-followers of the Hawks and or NBA would recognize his name (though nto really know him). I'm torn in a way...I'd still take Fratello, esp. if we have a young team, because of his proven ability to teach (EMuss has an ambivilent record imo) and his ability to communicate, EMuss's drawback...and something that's hard for a young team. However, it wouldn't be a bad thing for them (young guys) to be shown some tough love after being coddled all their lives. IF he said, and mgt. let him say, play hard, play smart, play more....with guys that are rooks or looking for their shot. Plus...anyone consider that maybe he learned something from the process/his shortcomings in two short years as a head coach?

Definintely top of my list with only the Byron/Kobe caveat (a dream). If not...I really hope Byron goes to NO, now a western team...and is exposed. Maybe he's learned too...maybe.

this facy thing that you are going on and on about is silly...

Bzdelik has a similar reputation as musselman as far as being demanding with his players (remember carmelo bitching? that's why they've toyed with letting him go) and they (denver) did just fine for themselves last year, and atlanta is a much more attractive city to most nba athletes...

I remember how you pined for isiah thomas years ago supposedly because he would bring free agents here and what did he do for Indy in that area? In fact brad miller made it clear that he would *only* stay in Indy with thomas for more money than those fa meccas denver and utah...

If the Hawks have cap space they will get free agents... will they get the plums? probably not but then again fratello or scott couldn't guarantee him that either...

Musselman did an incredible job with GS.. I lived in the bay area for years and east coasters just have no conception of how bad that team was...

I saw GS knock sacto out of the second seed the last game of the year and they went on a huge winning streak at the end of the year even when things were over...

Musselman is an excellent choice, period. Is he the best? I dunno but I'd be damn happy with him.

Didn't we hear this same shyt about Rick Carslie??? Mike

Dunleavy is a bust so his opinion doesn't count for much

on if a coach is any good or not. Maybe he doesn't get 35MPG

because he's not a very good player. Anything is better than

old cripple Chuck Daily(Well besides a college coach)

Yep.

You heard the same crap said about Carlisle. All he's done is get more out of that Indiana team than Isiah Thomas could have ever gotten out of them.

Eric Musselman is one of the best, if not the best, young coaches in the game.