• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pathway23 has #1 pick.....6pm EST tonight deadline

Admin

I agree that I don't think that cleveland would make that pick at all.

however as far as iguodala slipping down, I don't think that's unreasonable. It seems to happen every year. There'll be 1 or 2 players that end up mush lower than anyone anticipated. Maybe a bad rumor swirls, or teams adress their specific needs and a given man falls through the cracks. For instance last year Macej Lampe was projected as a top 12 pick but ended up being #30. Regardless, many mock drafts have iguodala going in the 10-15 range so this isn't necessarily shocking.

I myself am pretty surprised that none of the big centers have gone yet. I thought either Pavel or Andriuskevic would be gone by now. With the lack of big men in the league, I certainly would think someone would take a chance on them.

As for the cavs, if you assume that they're re-signing boozer and mcginnis, they have 2 PGs, 2 SGs, 1 SF, 1 PF, and 3 Cs. But if you look at how many of those are young talented players they can build on and keep for awhile, you have 2 SGs (LeBron and Wagner), and a PF(Boozer). So it seems to me that they'd be looking for a PG, a SF, or a C. They don't want to play LeBron at the 3. They want him at the 2, with the possibility of moving him at the 1 if was comfortable with it. You say you didn't consider a C because they have 3 and Silas likes Diop. But if he likes him so much, why did Diop only average (a career high) 13 minutes a game?? I mean that's about as much as travis hansen. I think they would be looking for a PG or C to work with Bron, Wagner, and Boozer as their future.

I would think at this point they would go with either Nelson or one of the 2 centers I mentioned earlier

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for reminding me to do that Moonknight.

11 - Capstone21 - 6am Wednesday 9th

12 - JTFan31 - Midnight Thursday 10th

13 - Weez - 6pm Thursday 10th

14 - DJMoney - Noon Friday 11th

15 - Boondocks - 6am Saturday 12th

16 - Diesel - Midnight Sunday 13th

17 - DominiqueWilkins - 6mm Sunday 13th

18 - Boondocks - Noon Monday 14th

19 - JTFan31 - 6am Tuesday 15th

20 - Traceman - Midnight Wed 16th

Well I seriously thought about taking a center for the Suns because of Clarks injury history, but to me none of them are worthy of the #7 pick. Being a long time Falcons fan I know what reaching and bad drafts can do to a franchise, so if I'm a gm i never reach.

The other thing that bothers me is that nothing really seperates all of these centers. They all have huge flaws in their game. You have offensive centers, but they can't play a lick of defense. You have defensive centers, that can't score to save their lives. You have big centers with little athletcism.You have tall centers that way 205 pounds.

I point all this out because if you take a big stiff like Pavel Podkolzine early whats the point? You can get someone just as talented with just as much upside as Pavel at 17+picks. Because their not polished they just don't seperate themselves imo.

is worth the 10th pick in the draft. CLE definitely needs a consistent perimeter shooter (whether at SF or SG) in the starting lineup to compliment McInnis and James. The problem I have is that I don't know that JR Smith is that consistent of an outside shooter based on everything I've read about him. If I'm CLE, I take Iguodala here going on the best player available theory. He would be a HUGE upgrade on Ira Newble though CLE would still need to address their need for a perimeter shooter. Like you said though, they could always go after Brent Barry in free agency. With two athletes on the wings like James and Iguodala, CLE would be the new Showtime.

• Premium Member

Why hasn't Diop gotten more minutes.

Cleveland is constantly shopping Big Z. The read an article about how Silas would rather leave Newble and some others unprotected than to leave Diop unprotected. Not because he dislikes Newble (although that could be possible) but because he wanted to use Diop as part of the teams future.

Secondly, Cleveland has much better media coverage than any other team I have seen. They will do whatever it takes to keep McInnis for many years. Lebron will never be a 1. He will float between 2 and 3.

Also, read the report about Nelson. They liked Nelson and Telfair is a name that is getting a lot of buzz, but it's very doubtful that they would spend a first round pick on a PG.... Especially when Silas has come out and said... We need a Wingman. That's why I was hoping for Childress. Maybe I should have picked Gomes and many of you would criticize somebody else... But I doubt it.

Ok, so you have your reasons. But seems to me that Iggy (Arizona) would have been a much better fit, with true athleticism, passing abilities per report, etc...he can finish on the break....and no, I don't think many would have criticized you if you took Telefair or Nelson, though it's "too high" for them, people can understand the picks, as it fits team needs...and the cavs are one of the few lotto teams that can draft on "need" rather than bestplayeravailable, due to having thier superstar/sg and pf positions locked up. I still don't see your stuff on Diop; though what you say is true, Diop still didn't get time once Z started playing D this year (per Silas' mandate). Diop's still had major injury problems...and in a way, someone like Ratliff, that can run the floor (of Battie, who's already there) would fit more as he can get up and down. Diop's had chronic foot problems, from fractures to plantar f., a troublesome thing for a hs kid.

• Premium Member

But he doesn't shoot well.

The one thing JR. Smith has going for him is that range . Here's how I rank them according to Cleveland's need.

1. Smith - He has athleticism + Range on shots + Potential.

2. Iguodala - Athleticism.

3. Luka Jackson - he's an all around type guy but slow. Slow Lateral movement.

Now... one more time. Bron is shooting like .29 from three. McInnis is like 31%. Their best three point shooter is Kapono. Lots of fans like him but Silas is not a fan. When you look at their overall scheme.

Boozer is an undersized PF who gets boards.

Battie is a Shot blocking C... a weaker version of Theo.

Bron is a superstar.

McInnis is a shoot first PG who Silas has molded into Baron Davis like.

if you are honest, this is Charlotte/NO all over. What Silas needs is that guy who can drain the shot to keep teams honest inside. Somebody to spread the defense. The only person who is close to being a sharp shooter is Smith. Maybe Jackson was the way to go but I can't see him running with Cleveland's uptempo game...

If I were choosing for Atlanta it would have been Iggy... Best talent. However, Cleveland comes into the draft with a specific need.....maybe that's where you Hawks fans miss the thinking.

Cleveland does NOT need a 3rd string HS kid PG. They need help THIS YEAR and they need help at SF. Igoudala can come in and start at SF. He is a good enough shooter for a 3 and plenty strong enough to play the position. If both of them are still there at 10 I would guarantee that Cleveland would take Igoudala. They arent good enough to wait 2-3 years on a guy like Smith to contribute and they certainly dont need another SG when they have Wagner and James to play there. Keep in mind that Wagner is a BETTER scorer than JR Smith is....although he doesnt have the range that JR displayed in that ONE GAME. JR has been bad in every other workout that I have read about him.....so I am thinking his range may have been a fluke.

• Admin

Andre Iguodala, 6'6 SG/SF Arizona

I know, I know, we have Jason Richardson on the roster. I am drafting for future and more importantly for depth. I think Andre Iguodala helps bring that to our roster. I am actually shocked he is still on the board and so it was hard not take him.

Golden State has decent players but have a very weak bench. I like Troy Murphy at PF, Dampier at C, Claxton/Van Exel at PG and Richardson at SG but that is it. Dunlevy has yet to really take off and the rest of the roster does not really bring anything to the table.

Andre brings great Athleticism, defense and unselfishness to our roster. Being a player willing to pass the ball will be a welcome addition to the roster and this can really help the Warriors to get out and run and gun. Andre still needs to work on his jump shot but that will come in time.

With Richardson starting ahead of him, it will give Iguodala time to develop and learn the game without having to be rushed. Also, Andre is strong enough to play some SF to allow them both to play together if Dunlevy fails.

If Andre becomes the impact player that I expect, it can really allow Golden State to make some other player moves during the season with that can only help make the team stronger. He is a star in the making and some Mock Drafts having him go as high as 3.

• Premium Member

Damn...

Both of GS Cs are FAs and he chose a SF/SG and Nobody said nothing????

What's this... We can talk s000 about Diesel's pick but Cap picks a position where they have 7 guys playing already and to hell with C or PG and NOBODY Says a word???

Cap... I'm calling this out.

Bunk.

you got Dunleavy Jr. Richardson, Frenchie, Calbert Cheney...

And the NEED is at C and PG and you choose another Sf/SG... WTH?

When will Andre play?

Pietrus is already crying about lack of playing time.

• Premium Member

If you listen to Silas...

They will get their help from FAcy. He said that they need a wing and they will probably come after Jax. The draft maybe the place where they get a BU PG. Maybe Nelson was the way to go... However, they also have a really strong need for a Shooter. But regardless of what you think... as acting GM, I choose to remedy the need for a shooter. That's harder to find than a BU PG. Shucks, Jacque Vaughn is available every year. However, an atheletic Shooter is something that's very hard to get and with the team that they have, it's something that they will need this year and in the future.

Cap I dont think that this was a very good pick. I think that maybe you forgot about Pietrius and that he is likely the future of the team at SG. I expect that they will part ways with JRich at some point in the near future because he is so lazy defensively and Pietrius will end up being a far better player.

The only thing that would make this good is A) they make a trade to clear room or trade him or B) they put him at SF which is entirely possible.

Just to clarify, I think that this is a better pick that JR Smith at #10 to a team that doesnt need a BU SG as their biggest priority. At least Igoudala is a highly rated player that can play from day 1 and can play multiple positions.

Quote:

Damn...

Both of GS Cs are FAs and he chose a SF/SG and Nobody said nothing????

Ya, well when the draft is turning out to be a shame, no wonder now one says anything.

Another poor pick.

Golden State looks to draft a center most likely, unless they are looking to resign Foyle to be their starting center.

I agree I doubt they'd pick this.

but at least it makes sense if they go stricktly with pickiing the best talent available.

Your pick made no sense because it was the wrong position AND he wasn't even close to the best player left.

But I definitely agree GS wouldn't pick him unless they were planning a trade