• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Radio reports ATL/Dallas trade...

thatsmydawg

• Premium Member

What can we do with Walker.

I love the addition of Josh Howard.

Ivy/Childress/Howard/Walker/???

We have to get rid of Walker quick.. He doesn't play defense or share the ball.

lord I can't stand Walker and will have a very hard time supporting him.

if true, you now know who our four is.

also, it says to the backcourt and swing players...if you're not going to do things right, and smart...then we have three other guys just like you who will....

• Premium Member

I would hold on to Walker until his value peaks in Jan... Ending contracts are so wonderful.... However, I think this is a bogus rumor. Who is thatsmydawg anyway? smile.gif

no offense..

But seriously. The money don't work out and the trade doesn't make sense for Dallas. They give us Howard who I would love and they don't expect us to take a load of bad contracts like Wahad?

I suppose that the Shaqstakes are making everyone a little nervous. Plus the loss of Nash means that Dallas wants experience in the backcourt.

on the Dallas board that someone posted the same thing and they think its bogus. I think its bogus as well. I would be thrilled if its true, although I have no idea where we would play all these 2-3's. Maybe then trade Antoine to a contender for some young players, maybe like the Grizz or something.

I could live with that. I like Bell, but he didnt get much play last year I dont think.

Someone also mentioned on another board.......might this be the beginning of the "BIG" deal where Shaq ends up in Big D? We all know that the Lakers love JT, so maybe they told Cuban that they want him. A JT/Kobe backcourt would be something else.

• Premium Member

and Mike Woodson's idea of a player in Walker because he plays no D, now if it is true it could have been done for cap purposes.

I believe it is bogus and just a rumor out there.

thats basically

HENDERSON = WALKER

capspace for capspace... both provide service for 1 year. however, Walker is more talented.

i dont mind Walker shootin so much... its just his SHOT SELECTION. the dude thinks hes PEJA STOYAOVIC (sp?). hes definitely talented, but i dont think we should go w/ this.

TERRY = HOWARD

after 1 year, thats how it looks.

unless KNIGHT believes we can get better players for WALKERS expiring contract in the middle of the season, i do not support this trade. if anything, it'll just hinder our rookies' progress.

Really it's Howard for JT if you forget about the two overpaid players that no one will take. I wouldn't do it but if Billy Knight did, it means he doesnt want JT and has further plans at the point. It makes us better next year especially if you assume Hendu wouldnt have played and you assume we can find a point guard.

yep, there's a reason that walker didn't opt out of his contract, as many suspected he would after decreasing playing time and effectiveness of play...he knows he can't get that kind of money again.

it'd be almost like our trading for GRob, though Walker's certainly further behind on the "declining skills" scale. I just don't see how it would help this team...we'd be renting him for a season and you can't convince me that his being here would be a have a positive effect on a very young team. Hendu would be more valuable for the latter, and have no effect on the prior.

• Admin

Actually Walker is a max contract so we will have even more cap space avaiable next year when his and Chris Crawford's contracts come off the books. I hope we make a play for Crawford now. We need a PG bad.

This is a good trade for Dallas since they get Terry and partnering him with Daniels will make a real nice backcourt. Plus Harrison off the bench.

We have a lot of SF/SGs now. I have a feeling another trade is coming.