• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We're gonna suck next year

NYHawk

Yes, we are gonna suck..That is BK's Clipper plan..Be horrible and hope to get lucky as hell in the lottery, cause that is the right way to build.If you don't get lucky, draft at least 3 guys that are 6'8''..Then trade for another...Then beg any top tier free agent to come and visit, then use you to get a better offer, then sign Chris Collier.

Billy Knight is doing this thing the right way. People like to point to the Denver Nuggets like they are some sort of overnight success story, but forget how long they had been garbage. The Nuggets have been rebuilding since they upset the Sonics in the playoffs about ten years ago. The Mavs were in the same situation as the Hawks, yeah I remember all of the articles about it being a dead franchise, and nobody wanted to play for them, until the emergence of their young players. This is a three to four year job, and if we challenge the Sixer's record for fewest wins in a season to get where we need to be, then so be it.

TROUBLEMAN

...playing defense every night, the Hawks will be much improved from the get-go. The Hawks have not played sound fundamental b-ball for a long time and desperately need to get back to basics.

I'm starting to warm up to BK, but there is a lot more to be done this offseason. We'll see how it all turns out soon.

It doesn't matter if the team sucks for the upcoming season. What does matter is (1) are the young players developing and (2) will we be in position to make improvements in 05-06.

The Bucks did reasonably well last year without having a roster any more talented then the Hawks will be fielding this year so anything is possible.

or you could throw away your money to overpaid players like theo ratliff, shareef and glen robinson and still lose at the same time!!!! the reason i started following the hawks was b/c i liked the way they dismantled the team and got rid of their big contracts. i feel the hawks are following the right path towards a long term rebuilding project. i'd rather rebuild and lose with a small salary vs overpaying players who wont take the team any farther

Quote:

Great pt EDS. I would take our roster over theres and they made the playoffs/almost made the playoffs?

Ford/Redd/Mason/Smith/Gadzuric

JT/Childress/Diaw/Harrington/Collier

...Plus I plan on seeing us add at least another solid part or two.

OK, let's not go overboard. Who out of that starting 5 for the Hawks is going to match Michael Redd's production? The weakness for the Bucks is the center position. I think it was a huge mistake letting Brian Skinner go, but bottomline, we are not close to being better than the Bucks.

TROUBLEMAN

Who knew Michael Redd would be that productive going into last season? Redd went into the season as a guy who was a very good 6th man for the Bucks. I don't think anyone expected him to go out and average 22 ppg like he did.

I think a strong case could be made for Al Harrington being the type of player that could go "Michael Redd" on the NBA with a starting opportunity.

Quote:

Who knew Michael Redd would be that productive going into last season? Redd went into the season as a guy who was a very good 6th man for the Bucks. I don't think anyone expected him to go out and average 22 ppg like he did.

I think a strong case could be made for Al Harrington being the type of player that could go "Michael Redd" on the NBA with a starting opportunity.

OK, I'll give you that. Now let's compare JT and Ford, who is better at their position? Who is better between Diaw and Mason? Let's say Harrington is better than Smith, which I do believe. Well, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Redd is better than Childress. That leaves center, which is about a wash. I hope you guys are right about the Hawks, but I don't believe they are more talented than the Bucks. Only time will tell.

TROUBLEMAN

Who knows if TJ Ford will ever be able to play again? He had a pretty serious cervical spine procedure done a couple of months ago. If he plays again, will he continue to play at the breakneck speed he played at? TJ Ford is also a point guard that can't shoot. I love his instincts on the floor, but he can't shoot.

Desmond Mason doesn't start for Milwaukee. Tim Thomas starts at the 3, and he's a big time underachiever.

Milwaukee was a team that everyone expected to be one of the three worst teams in the league last year. Terry Porter got Ford (when healthy), Redd, Thomas, Smith, and Gadzuric to come together enough defensively that they suprised everyone. Heck. Damon Jones outplayed TJ Ford when he became the starter after Ford's injury. The team just didn't click as a unit as they did with TJ Ford.

Of course, Damon Jones is a player I feel the Hawks should try to sign, especially if they trade Jason Terry. Jones did very well as a starter last year, ranking 2nd in the leauge in assists-to-turnovers.

TJ Ford is also a point guard that can't shoot. I love his instincts on the floor, but he can't shoot.

"

1)Tim Thomas plays for NY now

2)TJ Ford is like a better version of Brevin Knight

3)The Bucks also have Toni Kukoc as a 6th man. I think

the Hawks bench is the weakest bench in the league.

Quote:

Desmond Mason doesn't start for Milwaukee. Tim Thomas starts at the 3, and he's a big time underachiever.

Actually Tim Thomas plays for the Knicks, and even if he was still with the Bucks he is a better option than Boris Diaw. Keith Van Horn is the current starter, and yes his underachieving ass is still better than Boris Diaw. As far as TJ Ford goes, I still believe he is a better point guard than JT. His job is to run the team, hell Jason Kidd can't shoot either (and no I'm not comparing TJ and Kidd), but he can get others involved. I don't know how healthy Ford will be, but right now the Bucks have more talent than the Hawks.

TROUBLEMAN

• Premium Member

Hello everybody. I have been reading the thoughts posted on this site for the past two years, but most here probably do not know who I am because I have rarely posted (Weez might remember talking to me, though, and btw Weez, I really appreciate the help and I may need to ask for it again b/c I am going into my Junior year and need to pick a med school soon). I truly believe this has to be one of the best messageboards on the net and I would like to thank the people who have kept this board going (I remember when this board was in trouble financially) and for the faithful poasters (i.e. Diesel, Traceman, Wretch, Chillz) even when the team was in the dumps. Also, I would like to give a special thanks to Jaywalker for his faithful, honest, and heartfelt coverage of the Hawks and for Greymule's consistently upbeat attitude. You two guys are a big reason why I have been here reading most every post for so long. Keep it up.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, I am very excited about the upcoming season for the Hawks. With a new coach, new ownership, a good GM, and seemingly motivated players, I truly believe the Hawks will be better than most expect them to be. It is true there will be lots of growing pains, but they will be fun to watch again (like at the end of last season) because they will play hard every game, even if they are not as talented as some teams. To put it simply, I am glad to have the opportunity to watch a team that will play with heart like they did at the end of last year.