• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dampier to Hawks close? (link)

johnnyde

If it happens, I have to guess Billy does think as much of Dampier as Jerry West. I hope he is right and all the thinking (my opinion as well) he was playing for a contract is wrong. We will see . . . no doubt we need a big man and we do have the money.

Yes we have to all trust Billy. I mean so far the guy hasnt called a bad shot yet, although he could of probably gotten a 1st round pick in that blazers trade.

I would like to get Dampier, he is huge, grab rebounds, can block shots and has some inside presence on the offensive end. Signing him and signing Pryz can be a huge lift for us, we will be huge in the center position. 2 guys that can rebound very well and block shots. I wonder if we are still gonna pursue Mihm.

If we do sign Dampier at 9mil per, how much money do we have in cap left? any know.

• Admin

I would rather spend that money on a young player with the potential to be an all star like J. Crawford.

Sign Crawford which solidifies our backcourt (imagine him and JT together) and then sign Prys to 1.5 million.

JT/Best

Crawford/JSmooth/Hansen

Diaw/CC/SMith

Harrington/Hendu

Prys/Collier

This is a much stronger team then having Dampier. Next year when Hendu and CC come off the books we can go after a center or PF.

i hear alot how Dampier has only played great during contract years...

what about the intervening years...did he just not seem to care at all or he just wasnt in peak condition or what

just curious to hear opinions...i know squat about the Warriors' players...hehe grin.gif

I lived in the bay area for a few years and saw quite a few Warriors games. Dampier was injured a ton my two years there. My impression (while I only watched GS about 6-10 times a year the last few years) lately is that he is a solid player. He is big and has extremely long arms and is a good defender. Offensively he is serviceable.

I think that my question about him has pretty much been desire. He seems to have that Sam Perkins like demeanor that makes him seem like he is kind of sleepwalking. I realize that does not mean that he doesn't play hard but he has always just given me the impression that he could do more. Maybe the right coach and situation can make him a better player.

I will tell you this... if Adonal Foyle is getting 8 mil per year then Dampier at nine is a steal. Foyle pretty much stinks.

As far as the locker room I never remember hearing anything negative, but never anything about any leadership skills either.

He was great for us at Mississippi State when he lead us to the final four in 1996. I don't know about him in the pros, but at MSU, he was a leader on the team. The guy worked his butt off and was one of the best defenders in basketball. He just had the hardest pair of hands on the planet and couldn't catch a pass unless it was bounced to him.

He still has those hands of stone. I'd rather sign Vlade than Damp at 9 million over six.

Quote:

He was great for us at Mississippi State when he lead us to the final four in 1996. I don't know about him in the pros, but at MSU, he was a leader on the team. The guy worked his butt off and was one of the best defenders in basketball. He just had the hardest pair of hands on the planet and couldn't catch a pass unless it was bounced to him.

I'm not disagreeing.

All I'm getting at is that we know he's got 9 mil per season on the table. So there's no point discussing anything less. Either he's worth 9 or he's not.

If he's not, there's no point discussing if he's worth 8 mil, 7 mil or 6 mil, we're just letting him go to NY.

And that would be fine by me