• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We get Boston's number 1 also!

ATL_BALLER

• Admin

It opens up PT for the rookies and gives us a quality PG to help lead the team. If payton plays well, we extend him for a few years. If he doesn't, we let him walk and we get teh cap room we would have had with walker.

If we really get the celts pick, it's a double win for us. We get the experienced leadership we need, a pick AND retain our cap flex.

The first rounder changes everything. It changes this fromm a bad to a good trade.

Walker or harrington had to go. Problem solved. We need a PG to show the young guns how a good offense is run. problem solved. We need to keep losing games. Well, despite getting a good PG, we are losing our top scorer, top rebounder, and our second best assist man. Most importantly, we needed another 1st rounder to help complete our youth movement. Problem solved.

This was about as good a move as we could manage at this point. Plus, we are sending Toine where he wanted to go. Just like we let Barry go where he was wanted. having a reputation as a club that treats their players well will help us recruit in the long run.

I am completely happy with this trade now that i know the hawks got a first round pick out of this, GP is not the player he used to be, and i expect him to be gone after the season, but he is a better PG than the hawks had currently,

now lets all just hope the Celtics get worse so the hawks can get as good a pick as possible out of this

Do you guys think GP will be professional about this? Also, did anyone else read his quote where he said the next team he goes to will be his last?

Anyways this is a great deal for the Hawks. Not sure if GP will remain a Hawk or not, we'll see. BK sure surprises folk, though. I never saw the first trade for Walker coming last summer, and now this. Of all the trade scenarios we come up with I don't think anyone guessed on this one.

Now we have to hope the Celtics lose and lose.