oh my DEAR LORD

drzachary

You wouldn't eat it? I'd buy a second freezer, get a few friends and a band saw, filet the sonofabitch and slice it up into porterhouse-esque steaks and freeze them.

Imagine how good a 3" thick steak of catfish could be, or maybe thinner slices breaded and dropped into an enormous deep-fryer, with grits and some kind of cream sauce.

Them's good eatin'!

I like how the wildlife preservation folks "negotiated for its release" like he was a hostage smile.gif Which.. I guess he was.

• Premium Member

I could catch fish and eat 'em all day. And while I love wildlife, I'm not one of those fanatical types that'll chains themselves onto a tree. I just think...if you find something special like that, why not keep it alive? Put it on display for people to see...

Or at the very least make some money off of it! laugh.gif

Before they could get it released it died......imagine that, you leave the big bastard laying out on a tarp in the sun without being in water and it dies.....heres your sign. You had to know that a bunch of starvin marvins would find a way to get to eat that thing.

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't want to eat a catfish that size. Catfish are the scavengers of the lakes. They eat all the excrement of other fish and all the crap that is at the bottom of the lake. The bigger they are, the more crap they have ingested.

That catfish probably tasted like pure mud.

• Premium Member

But the question is can you find a farm-raise catfish this large?

Speaking of which, I remember when I was much younger, I would go fishing with my father to a place in GA that was called "the catfish hole" or something like that. It was not really sport because it was this big hole filled with farmed raised catfish and if you just put your line in the water, you'd get to fight with a real catfish.... Then you'd go and pay by the pound.... I thought I was really fishing! Anyway, does anybody know of a place that fits this description? I believe it may have been in the Lagrange area??