Big Z (maybe?)

Shaq (nope)

Curry (is he big time? if so, maybe?)

Duncan (nope)

Brad Miller (maybe?)

Yao (nope)

Okafor (nope)

Big Ben (nope)

So, from what I can gather, the only options might be Big Z, Curry, and Brad Miller. Anyone I am leaving out that would be considered a big time C?

I think he could be the guy.

A couple of things. Byron Scott knows Al. He was an assistant in Indiana while Al was a young player breaking into the league. Byron also feels that have a good small forward is a key for a good team. With the unhappiness of Magliore in New Orleans, Byron may push Allan Bristow to make a straight up deal.

I personaly feel Al is worth more than Jamaal by himself, but it is a deal that may have to be made.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Magliore is not that much better than "what we have".

Magloire was injured last year, but the year before he put up 16/12 in 30 games after the All-Star break. How is that equal to what the Hawks got from Drobs or Collier?

He's not a shotblocker, but he's a legit center whose contact isn't outrageously expensive or too long.

of his desire to go play up in Toronto. I dont want to sign a guy who has his eyes set on getting out of here as quick as he can. I think he is a very underrated C though and would love to get him if there was some chance of getting him to stay here.

Quote:

Magliore is not that much better than "what we have".

considering that we dont have SH$T right now... anyone would be much better than what we have now.

Rik Smits and his current status would be better than what we have now.

David Robinson (crap, well- thats not fair... we all know he still has enuf game to be ATLEAST an average starting center in this league)

Deke is an upgrade

Chris Mihm is an upgrade

Vlade Divac is an upgrade

i mean, we got COLLIER (NBDL player- in my opinion). Even DROBS looked like an allstar playing in front of Collier. and we all know that DROBS is a career bench center in this league.

----------------------------------

that being said, i would gladly take Magloire (he has a cheap contract for a center) for Harrington straight up.

if this goes down, we add some more talent (free agency), and depending on Marvin Williams development (as well as our last year's rookies)- we could sneak into the 8th seed.

but then again, thats like 3-4 variables that HAVE TO GO IN OUR FAVOR- for us to get back on track.

• Premium Member

Quote:

of his desire to go play up in Toronto. I dont want to sign a guy who has his eyes set on getting out of here as quick as he can. I think he is a very underrated C though and would love to get him if there was some chance of getting him to stay here.

A valid concern. On the other hand, Magloire is under contract for two more seasons...He could be traded at the trading deadline 1.5 yrs. from now if he was certain to leave.

• Admin

That would be a great trade. I am a fan of Magloire and think he would be play a great role for our team. If they resign Dickau and already have Paul maybe they will include Speedy Claxton in the trade with us for Al/Diaw/lakers 1st.

Speedy would be a nice addition to play pg and if we can get a good point guard starter then he would be a great change of pace guard off the bench.

I still think we will need a pg and a PF. Maybe Chris Anderson or Kwame should be considered. If we do indeed go after Hughes or JJ they can play SOME point and can switch to SG when Speedy comes in.

Quote:

I think the desire to play in toronto is overblown. I think what is for real is his desire to get out of New Orleans, which is why they're shopping him.

Also Magloire isn't flashy, but he is more than solid. He is miles and miles ahead of anyone we've got.

Also, 790 is good for analysis and getting atlanta interviews, but they never have insight on trades to come. I don't think I've ever heard a trade rumor from then that I hadn't heard previously on hoopshype or elsewhere online.

So I would take this whole report with a grain of salt.

The bottom line is 90% of reporters immediately concluded that Al would be gone before too long as soon as Al was drafted. Our needs are PG and C, so it's only natural.

If we are going to trade Al, I am hoping it is for a good pg. The FACY and undrafted pool of big men is just huge. I just thought I would remind everyone on how Randolph Morris was better than Dwight every time they matched up.

In Magloire's best season at Kentucy he averaged

30 mpg 13.2 ppg and 9.1 rpg

Morris averaged

20 mpg 8.8 ppg and 4.2 rpg

Given 60 min

Magloire would have averaged 26.4 ppg 18.2 rpg

Morris would have averaged 26.4 ppg 12.6 rpg

Lets take into consideration Morris was a freshman, and Magloire was a senior, so I would much rather take a chance on Morris than the guy who wants to play in Toronto of all places.

• Premium Member

Quote:

so I would much rather take a chance on Morris than the guy who wants to play in Toronto of all places.

Morris is 4th or 5th big man material. He might end up better, but his head sure doesn't seem screwed on right at the moment, so that doesn't seem likely.

As far as Toronto, it's Magliore's hometown and a world-class city with a famous hospitality to people of all races, shapes, and idiosyncracries. What's wrong with Toronto? smile.gif