• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone listen to 790 today?

chillzatl

Quote:

Quote:

so I would much rather take a chance on Morris than the guy who wants to play in Toronto of all places.

Morris is 4th or 5th big man material. He might end up better, but his head sure doesn't seem screwed on right at the moment, so that doesn't seem likely.

As far as Toronto, it's Magliore's hometown and a world-class city with a famous hospitality to people of all races, shapes, and idiosyncracries. What's wrong with Toronto? smile.gif

There is only one problem with Toronto.....TAXES

You are right though...Toronto is a classy city.

Everyone in Toronto except for Chris Bosh seems to be unhappy. Alston and the coach keep getting in fights. Jalen wants out. Arujo hasn't done anything. They drafted Villanueva at #7?

They seem like a franchise that will struggle forever. Well as long as Babcock is calling the shots.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Everyone in Toronto except for Chris Bosh seems to be unhappy. Alston and the coach keep getting in fights. Jalen wants out. Arujo hasn't done anything. They drafted Villanueva at #7?

They seem like a franchise that will struggle forever. Well as long as Babcock is calling the shots.

Oh, you're right, the Toronto *Raptors* - they're a totally different story. wink.gif

Say what you want, but those rebounding numbers are sad for a legit college center. I don't see how Morris could be as good as Magloire. It's a whole lot easier to put up 8 and 4 in 20 minutes than it is to put up 13 and 9 in 30. Freshman or senior.

Morris has a LONG way to go to approach Magloire. He may ultimately

• Moderators

The biggest difference between Magloire and Morris is that Magloire is a hard worker with a mean streak while Morris was passive and reportedly lazy at UK (and during NBA workouts if you can trust reports of those). In other words, I think their biggest difference is attitude. In terms of physical skills, Morris is already way ahead of Magloire offensively in the same point in their careers.

Yeah but those taxes come with benefits like free healthcare. Besides, if your job shipped you off to some other country, wouldn't you take somewhat of a pay cut (taxes) to go back to your country? Many would. Toronto is a great city, as are Vancouver and Montreal.

Quote:

Yeah but those taxes come with benefits like free healthcare. Besides, if your job shipped you off to some other country, wouldn't you take somewhat of a pay cut (taxes) to go back to your country? Many would. Toronto is a great city, as are Vancouver and Montreal.

Montreal is one of the worst places to travel if you're not a French-speaker. I strongly dissuade anyone from going there!

Not to sidetrack the thread, but economists would argue your use of the word "free" there.

In any case, why anyone would ever prefer a Canadian city to a place like Atlanta is mindboggling.

I would rather live in certain Canadian cities than Atlanta. If you were a professional athlete maybe not because of the higher taxes.

Atlanta is a business town, you work and live here. There is no other reason to come to Atlanta. Have you ever heard anyone say they will go to Atlanta for their honeymoon or for any other vacation?

Wow, way off topic.

what does atlanta's lack of honeymooners have to do with living in the city?

atlanta is a big city, but spread out enough that you can live in suburbs that feel smaller, yet still have all the amenities

atlanta is an hour from the mountains and whitewater rafting, hiking the app trail, etc

atlanta is close to 2 major lakes, with another (hartwell) only 1.5hrs away (there are prolly more i'm not thinking of)

atlanta has major sports franchises in every sport

atlanta is only a few hours from the coast and beach...you can get to northern florida beaches in

atlanta has the busiest airport in the world and has cheap flights to much of america thanks to airtran

u may still prefer toronto, but 'lack of honeymooners and vacationers' is a poor reason to not want to live here

It all depends on where you are from. For some, all it takes is to step outside in Atlanta in July or August. It is like a steambath. For others, it is stepping outside in Toronto in January into the deep snow.

But we are getting off the topic.

yeti

(btw - there are NO mountains near Atlanta OR Toronto. Mountains are tall enough to have snow in July. The others are "hills". - - like I said it depends where you are from)

The point is its fine for everything you posted, but it's not a world class city.

Listen man. I've traveled to over 20 nations and 40 states. Atlanta is a mediocre city at best. It's really a step above a city like Detroit that's basically a dump.

No one travels here to see Atlanta. Athletes like it because there's a lot of clubs to go to. All the stuff you listed is outside of Atlanta except for the sports teams.

You're not going to convince me. I've been to Paris, Rome, London, Amsterdam, Venice, Prague, Los Angeles, Hong Kong Chicago, Singapore, San Francisco, New Orleans, etc.

That's great that you like Atlanta, but it's really nothing special.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would much rather take a chance on Morris than the guy who wants to play in Toronto of all places.

josh smith fan, surely I'm not the first one to write this in this thread, but it bears repeating...

You would rather take a chance on an undrafted free agent who looked like just about any other freshman center in the nation than a guy who is already an NBA starter.

HUH?

Surely, having had a chance to chew on those words, there was a certain pungent taste to them, such that you regret having spewed them forth.

Now in questioning your logic, I'm NOT suggesting it isn't worth signing Morris and using the NBDL to try to resucitate his seemingly-still-born career.

But assuming Randolph Morris gets it together, by the time that happens Magloire will have amassed at least a couple or three more seasons of respectable, if not, all-star type stats at the highest level of basketball in the world.