• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best OLD SCHOOL GAME?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Brent Jones with the 49ers.

Cap Boso post in Chicago.

Denver had an unstoppable post play.

There were 2 teams that I played with on Tecmo Bowl:

Seattle. They had Boz as MLB but I liked the other guy.. his name was Fred Jone (??)

Cleveland. Mack left, Mack right. Minnefield. and the pass to the TE.

Am I the only one who remembers Tecmo Bowl..??

• Premium Member

WTH???

A friend of mine had Krull!!?

Based on the movie where you trough this star that was a boomerang.

I think the best Madden of all time was Madden 1994!!!

That was the Madden when you could hit somebody and the ambulance would come out and take them to the hospital!

I remember playing with Denver and one of My DBs put Warren Moon out!

A little later, there was the game Tekken!

• Premium Member

Krull was tight in the arcades, but I didn't like the Atari version...it had nothing on Sword Quest

Man...the first Zelda? OMG! That music, those weapons, the puzzles...get outta here man...!

I stopped playing Madded after 93' (I thought Monster League Football, which ran on the same engine, was better). I played NBA Live up until 96' I think...

Quote:

Krull was tight in the arcades, but I didn't like the Atari version...it had nothing on Sword Quest

Man...the first Zelda? OMG! That music, those weapons, the puzzles...get outta here man...!

I stopped playing Madded after 93' (I thought Monster League Football, which ran on the same engine, was better). I played NBA Live up until 96' I think...

I still fondly remember fighting Aquamentus, Dodongo, Manhandla, Gleeok, Digdogger, Gomah, etc...

Those are actually in order, too, which is frightening.

In fact, as recently as high school (about 9 years ago for me), I would time myself to see how quickly I could beat the first quest.

• Premium Member

I was always a big fan of the Tecmo series. Tecmo Superbowl 3 for the Super NES was definately the best, though. That game and Baseball Simulator 1.000 were great. These games were way ahead of their time with the player and team stats, player creation, and team control options.

I actually still play these games on occasion (my NES is still hooked up in my room).

• Moderators

Love the Zelda, Tyson's Punchout, Phantasy Star and Madden mentions.

Also:

Street Fighter 2

Metroid

Nintendo Ice Hockey (best hockey game ever - with the really skinny guys, medium guys and fat guys)

Contra

Going way back: Riverraid

Quote:

Love the Zelda, Tyson's Punchout, Phantasy Star and Madden mentions.

Also:

Street Fighter 2

Metroid

Nintendo Ice Hockey (best hockey game ever - with the really skinny guys, medium guys and fat guys)

Contra

Going way back: Riverraid

There's nothing better in life than playing with all fat guys in Ice Hockey.

all time favorite? hmmm.

hard to beat street fighter 2.

can't believe no one's mentioned 'off road, excite bike, or NINJA GAIDIN!' maybe even a little 'river raiders (or something like that)...and marble madness???

and I love me some mrs. pacman (the mrs is key).

I had turbografix 16 when I was younger, not getting a SNES until college (and a regular NES while in med school). still, those are some of my favorites.