• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collier

ATLHawks10

Shocking news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Collier family and to the Hawks family in this time of

deep sorrow.

Sudden death comes as a shock, no matter the age, but here

was a young man, apparently in the prime of life.

So sad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences as well to the Collier family. What shocking news, heard it on the radio on the way home, I was in a state of disbelief. I wish the best for his wife and young children. Indeed life is short, had no clue this would happen. What do you guys think Eddy Curry's family is thinking now?

It's times like these that put everything in perspective. And I truly feel for his wife, who was with him when he first went into cardiac arrest.

I don't know how religious the people on this board are, but it seems as if God takes certain people who are truly ready to go to Heaven, to bring awareness to something that will eventually save many other lives.

- Dale Earnhardt's death brought about many safety changes in NASCAR with the HANS device around the neck being standard on all cars, and the SAFER walls being installed at high speed tracks

- Korey Stringer's death brought about many changes in how teams practice on all levels of football, especially from a hydration standpoint. I remember when I played high school football, coaches would damn near restrict you from getting water while practice was going on. That was to make you "tough and resilent". These days, frequent water breaks during practice are the norm.

It'll be interesting to see what the official cause of death is for Collier. His death will lead to some sort of major change in sports. And it might just save Eddy Curry's life.

• Premium Member

Quote:

in a situation like this, what happens to his salary for the upcoming yr?

Not sure about the new CBA, but for the old one it still counts.

And I'm sure the ownership in Atlanta will honor his commitment to the Hawks by paying his salary to his widowed wife.

Quote:

I'm sure the ownership in Atlanta will honor his commitment to the Hawks by paying his salary to his widowed wife.

thats what im thinking... especially since

A) hes contract isint takin up much space (or # of years for that matter- his last year i believe)

B) we still have lotta $$$ and no more big free agents are left.

so i think his family will still get it. most likely

this is pure speculation tho.