• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone from Houston interest you?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Reading now that Houston wants in on the Artest action (For the love of Yahweh, trade the guy already!), so is there anyone on their roster that interests you?

Their first round pick would be nice, if that's what BK is looking for...?

Stromile Swift is probably available, and he apparently has a friendly deal, but isn't he a little redundant?

Year 1: $5.0M

Year 2: $5.4M

Year 3: $5.8M

Year 4: $6.2M (player option, maybe?)

Any takers?

• Premium Member

Houston gets Artest

Indiana gets Harrington

Atlanta gets Swift/Houston 1st round pick (top5 protected)

Swift has a player option the same year that Smith/Childress are RFA. If Houston would give up the pick, I think I might do this deal.

Next year:

???/Lue/Ivey

JJ/Salim/Donta

Marvin/Childress

Smith/Swift/Batista

Zaza/???/Edwards

That team still has two draft picks (a PG and a big???) AND $4-5M in cap space to fill the remaining holes (Lo Wright?).

Houston really has no one that interests me other than the players we know they won't trade. (Yao, T-Mac & Head) Looking at their roster I don't think they have the expendable talent to trade to bring in Artest unless someone like us helps. I would say no to the Swift/Pick deal you proposed. Swift would add yet another 6'9 guy that would play out of position.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I found it to be just "slightly" hypocritical coming from Diesel LOL.

So true.

Clearly, Diesel's only problem with it is that he likes Al Harrington. Otherwise, he'd wait two weeks and then claim it as his own idea.

• Premium Member

Quote:
Swift would add yet another 6'9 guy that would play out of position.

He would play PF, his natural position.

His career per 40 averages match up very well with the top players that were taken in his draft.

For Stromile's career, he averages 17.1 P/40, 9.4 R/40, 2.6 B/40, 47% FG, and 70% FT.

Per 40 stats mean little, IMO, but it gives you the ability to compare apples to apples when it comes to players.

Compare Stromile's per 40 numbers to Kenyon Martin's per 40 numbers. Martin averages 18.0 P/40, 8.9 R/40, 1.6 B/40, 47% FG, and 65% FT.

Stromile is a player that started his career out very slow as a rookie. He got around 16 minutes per game and averaged 4.9 PPG. His numbers took a big jump in the 2001-2002 season though. His per 40 numbers as sophomore in the NBA were right at 18 P/40, 11 R/40, 2.6 B/40 while shooting 48% from the floor.

He made a lot of progress that season, and then Memphis made some mass changes. They got rid of Billy Knight and fired Sidney Lowe after only 8 games in the 02-03 season. With a new coaching staff in place and some injury problems, Stromile regressed from his 2001-2002 numbers.

I like Stromile. I think he makes a lot of mental mistakes, but I also feel that if he were in a wide open system that would utilize his athleticism, quickness, and his ability to hit the 15 foot jump shot, he would be more than a solid player.

Yeah, Memphis decided to start trying to win and got rid of Billy Knight and Sidney Lowe... It worked didn't it? Alot

better than the 15-18 wins Memphis got under Billy Knight.

Hopefully the Hawks will take the same path one day. And

hopefully they will get rid of players that have no true

skills... or guys that are as limited as the Joshes. They'll find a role on good teams that need role players.

The Hawks don't need role players right now... They need

guys that can actually be the focus of the team and win.