• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What players do you NOT want the hawks to draft?

GST

Players that I don't want the Hawks to draft:

Shelden Williams. I see him as a mediocre PF on a mediocre team. I would rather have a sucky team that is trying to rebuild, as opposed to a mediocre team that barely makes the playoffs and looses in the 1st round.

Bargnani. He duplicates what we already have on offense, probably will never be a strong defensive player in the NBA.

Rudy Gay. He duplicates what we already have, plus it will probably take several seasons for him to develop.

Adam Morrison. I think he will work out great for a team that already has a strong defense, which isn't us.

Rudy Freekin Gay - Only way I'd want him is if we traded Smoove or Marvin for a legit center. But I'm opposed to doing that too.

Adam Morrison - He couldn't play defense if he was on the court with a badge and a gun.

As for Williams. I am very much opposed to selecting him at #5. However, I would definitely consider him if we traded down. He is a banger, a rebounder and a good defender. We would no longer have to watch the lay up drill that seemed to occur all the time last year. He wouldn't provide much on offense, but with him on the front line, we'd be pretty solid on D.

This may not be popular but my answer is O'Bryant. If you cannot dominate at Bradley, what does that tell you? I just don't trust big guys who haven't seen enough competition in the post to help him get better. Besides, isn't he supposed to be a project anyway? Let's not spend anymore draft picks on project players, please.

I'd say that if we stay at 5...Randy Foye. If we traded down to get him I wouldn't be so mad. I just don't get why everybody is so high on a 6'2 shooting guard that shoots a lot with low percentages. Granted he's great on D, rebounds well, and seems to be a great guy. But he seems like a Flip Murray type...nice player but not 5th pick nice.

Quote:

This may not be popular but my answer is O'Bryant. If you cannot dominate at Bradley, what does that tell you? I just don't trust big guys who haven't seen enough competition in the post to help him get better. Besides, isn't he supposed to be a project anyway? Let's not spend anymore draft picks on project players, please.

that would be my pick also.

Quote:

Quote:

that would be my pick also.

in fact Patrick O'Bryant reminds me of that Arliss episode where he gets this big high school kid a guaranteed contract and the next day he falls out because his heart was screwed up from eating too much of mama's fried foods.

Thomas can change the outcome of games right now, with his raw talent alone. I think he has the heart and will to round out the rest of his game...if the Hawks could be so lucky.

Morrison is a definite no for this team, he will be the most unathletic player to go in the first round.

Gay is a no for this team, his ball handling skills are under developed. If there is anything that Pheonix going this far into the playoffs has taught the NBA mindset, its that you can be lacking in a number of things once thought essential such as a true center, but on any given night you can win if you have five guys on the floor that can pass and handle the ball. If the Hawks pass on a Big they have to get someone that will add these two things to their backcourt.

I don't believe Thomas will be available for them anyway. It's definitely looking like Chicago will take him with the second pick.

I think it is very likely that the Hawks pick will come down to Brandon Roy and Randy Foye, but I also feel that Ronnie Brewer will be rated higher by the Hawks than he will be by some of the other teams.

• Premium Member

1. Gay. -Duplicate.

2. Bargnani. -SF hiding in a 7 foot frame.

3. Thomas. - Raw, maybe too raw, maybe so raw that we fail to see all the flaws that won't allow him to live up to potential.

From what I have read, I cannot imagine the Bulls passing on Aldridge if Barg goes #1. Aldridge brings skills that Chandler does not have while TT is very similar skill wise to Chandler at this point in his development. The individual workouts will tell the story. Absent any trades into the top 4 I am still predicting TT falls to #5. I do agree with you about Brewer and BK's likely interest in him.

It shows me that he's on the lazy side (ala Alan Henderson and Brad Sellers) with the difference being that O'Bryant didn't have a coach to insert a foot in his ass to improve his game like Henderson did at Indiana. To have that size advantage and only get 13/8 is a red flag that should not be ignored in the least. I'd understand a little more if he was in the ACC, SEC or Big-10 but BRADLEY? There is simply NO EXCUSE for his lack of production against inferior competition in the post.

I'd be more pissed than I was in '92 when Babs selected Adam Keefe over Sprewell and Peeler if O'Bryant is picked number 5. I wouldn't touch him, even if we traded down.

I agree that Aldridge's skill set makes sense for them, but Tyrus Thomas brings the type of mentality that Scott Skiles wants in a player. There are questions surrounding Aldridge's toughness. He's got the same rep as Channing Frye.

Great idea for a post!

Rudy Gay. I did not list them all ( example JJ Redick) because we are picking 5th; and there should be three players that will be better and available.

Other words, I consider Gay to be about the 8th best player in the draft.

This is actually a good post.

I'm opposed to drafting any guard not named Brandon Roy over the best big man available. Randy Foye and Rondo are both nice athletic guards that could contribute on this team but we need a big man in the worst way. We could live with Salim starting over what we have now downlow.