mudderfudder77

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Unathletic?

I think his critics are mostly worried about how high he can stretch out his arms. (Note: I think that criticism is a little misguided.)

Only 2 players beat Redick's time in the line agility test.In the full court sprint he was only .06 slower than Foye, .02 slower than Roy. So Redick is too slow for the NBA?

Morrison's line agility time was the same as Josh Smith. Granted Smith is a little slow to play the 3 but it looks like Morrisons lack of athleticism has been exaggerated. His full court sprint time was only .05 slower than Gay.

Both of their verticals are a little weak, but not nearly as bad as people expected.

Quote:

Yeah, Ronnie Brewer certainly helped his draft status. Foye's results intrigued me more. I continue to foster an increasingly high opinion of him.

Yup, I would love to get Foye. People talk about Shelden because he fits our needs. I say Foye fits our needs too. Shelden's weakness is his size, and there is no remedy to that. Foye's weakness is that he isn't a distributor, but I think that's fine if he's paired up with JJ

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, Ronnie Brewer certainly helped his draft status. Foye's results intrigued me more. I continue to foster an increasingly high opinion of him.

Yup, I would love to get Foye. People talk about Shelden because he fits our needs. I say Foye fits our needs too. Shelden's weakness is his size, and there is no remedy to that. Foye's weakness is that he isn't a distributor, but I think that's fine if he's paired up with JJ

There isn't a PG in this draft that would fit our need. Unless our need is to lose.

with JJ being a relatively good distributor in the halfcourt, and needing the ball a good bit, our needs at PG are:

-defend PG's

-bring the ball up and not cough it up under pressure

-run the break with the young guns

-ability to penetrate

Seems to me that Foye fits the bill. How does he not?

Just as predicted by yours truly, Shelden "Blockhead" Williams posted a TERRIBLE vertical. 29"? Did he have concrete shoes on? That, coupled with his lack of height/standing wingspan makes me even more worried about him as our pick.

We all knew the dude was strong - that wasn't what people were worried about. #5 is too high a place to pick this guy.

Damn Diesel, what happened to your boy Shawnee with the big fat ZERO reps at 185? That is awful. Who the hell can't even do 1 rep at 185?

Brewer REALLY helped his stock with those numbers. Shelden Williams did very good as well, although his standing reach is going to kill him in the pros for any team that would dare consider him a 5.

O'Bryant and Marcus Williams both showed why they are considered to be very risky pros with bad work ethics. Marcus was the very worst of all the guards there. When you let skinny Jerry McNamara beat you in measurables thats pretty damn sad indeed.

I have to say that right now its Roy or Foye among the first tier guards and Brewer and Rondo as the others that can come in and help immediately. Outside of Aldridge and Thomas they are the only players I would consider drafting for the Hawks.

Quote:

Just as predicted by yours truly, Shelden "Blockhead" Williams posted a TERRIBLE vertical. 29"? Did he have concrete shoes on? That, coupled with his lack of height/standing wingspan makes me even more worried about him as our pick.

We all knew the dude was strong - that wasn't what people were worried about. #5 is too high a place to pick this guy.

2.5 inches higher than Aldridge with 2.5 times the muscle to get in the air