• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just don't get you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wurider05

Chandler hasn't done crap since he has been in the league to justify his salary. He is a big stiff. If he was WHITE he wouldn't be getting all of the love that he is getting. Look at his career numbers. Guys they stink to high heaven. How does bringing him here complete our team. I would rather have an undersized center who brings the effort rather than a natural center who doesn't. Chicago should not have had to sign Wallace, Chicago should not have to give a guy a big contract then replace him in the starting lineup when he is healthy. Please look at his numbers and his salary. You have got to be F*CKING KIDDING ME about bringing him here. He has been in the league long enough to prove what he can do. It is not like he is going to come here and give us 25 12 and 3. He doesn't have it in him. I wasn't a fan of the Shelden pick but I guarantee that if he plays center his rookie season stats will be better than any of Chandler's seasons in Chicago. Shelden is battle tested.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Chandler hasn't done crap since he has been in the league to justify his salary. He is a big stiff. If he was WHITE he wouldn't be getting all of the love that he is getting. Look at his career numbers. Guys they stink to high heaven. How does bringing him here complete our team. I would rather have an undersized center who brings the effort rather than a natural center who doesn't. Chicago should not have had to sign Wallace, Chicago should not have to give a guy a big contract then replace him in the starting lineup when he is healthy. Please look at his numbers and his salary. You have got to be F*CKING KIDDING ME about bringing him here. He has been in the league long enough to prove what he can do. It is not like he is going to come here and give us 25 12 and 3. He doesn't have it in him. I wasn't a fan of the Shelden pick but I guarantee that if he plays center his rookie season stats will be better than any of Chandler's seasons in Chicago. Shelden is battle tested.

Preach on brother!

All of you have made great points. i am glad to find some people that dont want him b/c i think his lack of talent and huge contract make him garbage. He has been in the league long enough to prove himself and he has yet to do so. Heck he is a project that has been in the league for nearly five years and he is still a project. People say we need his D but i thnk are frontline of shelden and josh smith will make us a great defensive team.

Just say NO TO TYSON!!!!

Wu..if only Chandler where white...LOL. That's about a dumb statement. I think he sucks in any color!! And Shelden is battle tested why? Because he did it in college? I think not. I haven't liked the pick, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Although Shelden's only getting love cause he's black.

• Moderators

Quote:

Heck he is a project that has been in the league for nearly five years and he is still a project.

For perspective, Ben Wallace at age 25 (which is what Chandler will be after next season) had played 200 games in the NBA and his highest rebounding total was 8.x rpg. He blossomed the next year in Detroit which would be compared against Chandler two years from now.

I do think his development is troubling at his price and that his back is a reason for concern, but he isn't young enough to write off by any means.

I'm not in support or against getting Chandler I just want to propose a question. At what point does the price of big man, that everyone in the league is paying, become the market price.

We talk on this board about not overpaying for this 7ft stiff and that 7ft stiff, but after last and this season I don't think teams are overpaying for big men anymore. I think the price teams are paying for big men are the market price because they are so rare and valuable.

If next year's draft produces an abundance of big men that may change in the coming years but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I know noone wants to pay these 10 million a year contracts for a center with true center size but the Hawks don't exist in some sort of market vacuum where we can get away with paying less for big men than all other 29 odd times in the league. We got Zaza at a great price and he is a big man on the way up, but if this board feels he is not starter quality, we are not going to find a center capable of taking his starting job for chump change. Size is a commodity in the league today and the Hawks will at some point and time have to pay to play with the rest of the big boys.

In the past I thought Zaza had no upside to this game and I'm still not sure he does but I still will give him a chance. There aren't that many big men in the league that will come in and take his job before training camp or after and the ones that have a chance are going to cost plenty.

This isn't specifically directed towards you AHF

That's because Nene isn't a difference maker. Nene is a player that has never averaged more than 10 and 6 in a season to day, and he's not a shot blocker.

Tyson Chandler is a game changer on the defensive end, and that has value. He's got one of the highest rebounding rates in the NBA, and defensively, he holds his positional opposition to a PER of around 13.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We got Zaza at a great price and he is a big man on the way up, but if this board feels he is not starter quality

Guess what, Chandler didn't start for Chicago eventhough he makes $10 mil per season!

Quote:

That's because Nene isn't a difference maker. Nene is a player that has never averaged more than 10 and 6 in a season to day, and he's not a shot blocker.

Tyson Chandler is a game changer on the defensive end, and that has value. He's got one of the highest rebounding rates in the NBA, and defensively, he holds his positional opposition to a PER of around 13.

I'm sorry, I can't fathom paying $56 million to a one-dimensional player.

I think that what he was getting at was that white big men get labeled as stiffs more quickly than black big men. In general it's true, but not in this particularly case. Chandler is actually a great rebounder and defensive presence.

I mean some people would label Dirk a stiff more quickly because he's white, while saying someone like Diop is a future star because he's black. It's ridiculous to think like that.

Sorry, couldn't resist.