• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite Movie

WhoStoleMyBeer

As I was leaving the office today, my receptionist looked at me and said "You ever see Green Street Hooligans? Its such a good movie". Between you guys talking about it & now her, I gotta pick it up this weekend.

Good call on Donnie Darko!

Top 5 in no particular order:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - not just a stoner/trip movie, I really like Hunter Thompson's work and what he stood for

Kids - just watch it if you haven't already, then you'll probably agree that every middleschool kid should watch this before going into junior high/highschool.

Session 9 - by far the most psychologically creepy movie I've ever seen. Yes, better than Silence of the Lambs.

Stand by me - best way to go back to the days we all wish for some times.

Belly - went a long way of taking the glamorous thug life and showing what else happens when you're not living it up.

Quote:

I didn't see one of these here, so I figured I'd start one. Basically a typical favorite movie thread that you'd find on any other forum. Just post about your favorite movie and then talk about it.

Green Street Hooligans has to be my new favorite. I just love this movie, I mean, the acting is just spectacular. If you saw the fight scenes, I mean, wow, those are just some of the best fight scenes I've seen in a movie lately.

What are your recommendations?

Cool Hand Luke

Jackie Brown

The Hustler

The Color of Money

Road House

Lion King-there I said it! The Lion King!

Shawshank Redemption

High Plains Drifter

Tommy Boy

here are some of my favorites

GoodFellas

Raging Bull

HollyWood Shuffle

Scarface

Rocky

PulpFicton

Kung Fu Hustle

Dumbo grin.gif

The Good , the bad , and the ugly

Bad news bears(the original)

Godfather 1 and 2

House party

Stir crazy

Rasing Arizona

Many of these have been said already - in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption

Fargo

Oh Brother where art though?

Slingblade (uh huh)

Boyz in the Hood

Requiem for a Heavyweight

Goodfellas

and of course around halloween time the uncut version of: "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (Susan Sarandon was seriously hot back then).

• Admin

I doubt you will find few others on this site besides myself who own that dvd (and the VHS!). The opening 20 or so minutes may be the best ever put to celluloid. The movie as a whole is excellent. But that opening 20 minutes was like..whoa! I had no idea the first time I watched it, had me floored.

Quote:

I doubt you will find few others on this site besides myself who own that dvd (and the VHS!). The opening 20 or so minutes may be the best ever put to celluloid. The movie as a whole is excellent. But that opening 20 minutes was like..whoa! I had no idea the first time I watched it, had me floored.

Orson Welles' finest work!

• Premium Member

It is the year 2005. The treacherous Decepticons have conquered the Autobot's home planet Cybertron. Now from secret staging grounds on two of Cybertron's moons the Autobots plan to take back their homeworld.