• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lightning rod: JJ comments on Chris Paul.

mrhonline

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

So effin what! Chris Paul is not a Hawks and will not be a hawk so stop
f***in
cryin about it.

Step back from the ledge and work on your reading comprehension. for the record, I am not cying about anything, merely pointing out that a JJ deal was entirely possible regardless of who the Hawks drafted last year.

Quote:

It sounds like the owners can't agree even without Belkin in the mix. That has to be fixed if the Hawks are going to continue to improve.

Agreed. At the end of the day, the ownership mess will have a more damaging effect on the franchise then anything BK or Woodson could do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

it also remains to be seen what sort of durability paul will have over time

Isn't that true for any player?

True but Paul is small and slight without much of a frame. He could be (I hope not mind you) injury prone if he has a lingering or significant injury.

I hate to say this but look at our own Speedy Claxton. They are basically the same size and build and we all know Claxton is going to miss 20-35 games a year.

If JJ says it, when he has now been on the court with both players , how is it nonsense?..Its not a knock on Marvin..Its just a realization we missed out on a very special player.

This is not Diesel or Walter being quoted here, its Joe Johnson..

He simply responded truthfully to a question that was asked of him. As of RIGHT NOW, I think it is clear that Paul is a better player than Marvin. That certainly could change over the next few years and I look forward to the day it does because that will mean that Marvin has become a great player.

JJ said that Marvin was like a brother to him (I LOVE hearing that) and that thinking he and Paul would have been great together was nothing against Marvin. I agree with that 100%. Heck, Marvin is my favorite Hawk and I think JJ and Paul would have been great together too! That said, who's to say that in a few years, JJ and Marvin won't be an even better duo? I could definitely see that happening.

• Moderators

Quote:

i STILL maintain that we would NOT have gotten JJ if we had drafted paul

bk had chill who he called a sg along with sf/pf smoove and he woulda NOT gotten jj and woulda run a paul/chill/smoove/marvin/zaza lineup

I don't understand this. We reportedly went after several other SGs like Ray Allen. Why would drafting Paul preclude getting JJ for a GM that drafted in consecutive first round picks Diaw, Chills, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams. The guy loves versatile talent and JJ is nothing if not that.

• Moderators

Quote:

We wouldn't have picked him anyway. Everyone knows that BK preferred Deron Williams over Paul in the first place.

That does seem to be the case, but I don't see why we wouldn't have gotten JJ regardless of who we took with that pick.

Quote:

He simply responded truthfully to a question that was asked of him. As of RIGHT NOW, I think it is clear that Paul is a better player than Marvin. That certainly could change over the next few years and I look forward to the day it does because that will mean that Marvin has become a great player.

JJ said that Marvin was like a brother to him (I LOVE hearing that) and that thinking he and Paul would have been great together was nothing against Marvin. I agree with that 100%. Heck, Marvin is my favorite Hawk and I think JJ and Paul would have been great together too! That said, who's to say that in a few years, JJ and Marvin won't be an even better duo? I could definitely see that happening.

Agreed 100%

I have no problem with what he said. Just praising his USA teammate, who deserves the praise. He also threw in praise for Marvin. Our winning will send this argument to the background in coming years

Quote:

That does seem to be the case, but I don't see why we wouldn't have gotten JJ regardless of who we took with that pick.

Agreed. JJ was the best free agent available and he WANTED to come here. I don't see how drafting a pg would have effected BK's decision to pursue JJ at all.

The whole point of clearing cap room is to try to get quality free agents to play here.

Quote:

maybe paul will like playing with jj so much that he'll sign here after his rookie contract...

This is what I hope happens.If he go's nowhere with NO then he may consider,I mean his backcourt mate now is Peja lol.

Quote:

...If he go's nowhere with NO then he may consider,I mean his backcourt mate now is Peja lol.

Yeah CWell, I think that may be a mistake for N.O. longterm. Seemed like to me there were other options out there that they could have gone for. We'll see - I suppose they want to win now though.