• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK it's time to start talking about Denver...

Diesel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he gets injured a lot but when healthy he is a force defensively and on the boards. With him the Hawks would be the top shotblocking team in the league and a good rebounding team as well.

However if the Hawks do get him it would make sense to still sign Lo because Camby will probably miss significant time.

I can't imagine Denver doing this deal though.

i would do al/edwards for camby/filler

camby, when playing the 50-70 games/year, would anchor our team and be the perfect center for us next to our marvin/smoove tandem

speedy/jj/marvin/smoove/camby is a NICE starting lineup when healthy and chill/zaza/lue/shelden/lo/slim is a good bench as well that can score 45+ points/night

when camby is injured, we still have smoove/shelden/batman/zaza/lo as bigs, so we are still fine there

his injured games will give our young bigs a chance to step up and shine and improve and when he's healthy we'll win games and he can play smaller minutes if necessary to keep him healthy

i'd do it

Quote:

...when camby is injured, we still have smoove/shelden/batman/zaza/lo as bigs, so we are still fine there

his injured games will give our young bigs a chance to step up and shine and improve and when he's healthy we'll win games and he can play smaller minutes if necessary to keep him healthy

i'd do it

Sounds like a plan to me!

• Premium Member

The thing about Camby's injuries is that over his career, it's hard to find anything that's chronic.

With the Knicks, i remember him having a bone bruise.

I remember him having a Hangnail with the Raptors... (Just kidding, I think he tore the nail off of his foot).

The latest was a broken Pinkie with Denver...

Quote:

Marcus Camby, the NBA's leading rebounder, underwent surgery Thursday on his right broken pinkie, the latest in a long list of injuries that have hampered the Denver Nuggets.

Marcus Camby

Center

Denver Nuggets

2006 SEASON STATISTICS

GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%

25 16.3 12.9 1.4 50.301 74.227

He'll be out at least one to two weeks, possibly longer.

"I was trying to persuade the doctor that I could keep playing with it," Camby said. "He was like, 'No.' I would risk further injury to myself and neither one of us would have wanted that. It's a frustrating time [to miss]. I'm just going to try to get back as quickly as I can."

Camby is in the midst of his best season, averaging 16.3 points and 12.9 rebounds and 3.12 blocks a game, second-best in the league

As long as it's not something requiring Microfracture surgery, an ACL/MCL, or a bad back, I'm all for taking Camby and becoming the defensive force in the East.

yeah the thing to consider is he's probably our best shot at getting a starting-caliber NBA center this year or next. And again, he was literally playing at MVP level until his injury last year. He makes less than I thought, too. I would take him , even though his injuries scare me.

4 years left for roughly 31 mil is only a little more than we paid speedy. He's worth the gamble IMO.

Of course knowing our luck speedy and camby would collide at our first practice and both be out for the next 4 years...

Count me in for Camby. I think I've mentioned his name before a few times - much more positive than negative, IMO. I'd rather continue to search for a young franchise big, but I'll concede that will hard to do, even if we move one of our young studs. At least Camby can help us win in the short term, and elevate the Hawks to respectability - thus giving us greater chances in the FA arena and even trade arenas.

The only problem I see is it might be hard to move him if the opportunity does arise to get a young big.

I know I'm going to get torn apart by you guys for saying this, but I've always felt like Kenyon Martin(even in his Denver days)would be a great fit for our team. He is a warrior, always playing with that intensity that we still don't have. He has always been an active player, a good defender, rebounder, shot-blocker. And he can put up good offensive numbers, especially when we get out and run the floor, if he can stay healthy.

I'd also like to see Camby in Atlanta, but I think, and I would like it more, to see us get K-Mart.

...Let the flaming begin

Wow...Kmart...anyway...I think the same reasons were giving for wanting Camby (defense, rebounding, bargain compared to some of the crazy contracts that are out there, and the fact we have depth for when he goes down) are th same exact reasons why Denver won't let him go. Sure they resigned Nene, but its not like they don't know they have two guys who've missed some serioud time in street clothes lately.

Frankly, they need both of these guys, don't they?

What would be their motivation considering what they'd have to give up to get Al?

Quote:

I know I'm going to get torn apart by you guys for saying this, but I've always felt like Kenyon Martin(even in his Denver days)would be a great fit for our team. He is a warrior, always playing with that intensity that we still don't have. He has always been an active player, a good defender, rebounder, shot-blocker. And he can put up good offensive numbers, especially when we get out and run the floor, if he can stay healthy.

I'd also like to see Camby in Atlanta, but I think, and I would like it more, to see us get K-Mart.

...Let the flaming begin

speaking of Martin he has knee problems right?

somebody smarter than me tell me about microfracture knee surgery. i can't remember ever hearing that term before a year ago.

• Moderators

Quote:

Wow...Kmart...anyway...I think the same reasons were giving for wanting Camby (defense, rebounding, bargain compared to some of the crazy contracts that are out there, and the fact we have depth for when he goes down) are th same exact reasons why Denver won't let him go. Sure they resigned Nene, but its not like they don't know they have two guys who've missed some serioud time in street clothes lately.

Frankly, they need both of these guys, don't they?

What would be their motivation considering what they'd have to give up to get Al?

I agree they are unlikely to do that. If it is offered, though, I think it would be in our best interests.