• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breakfast with Bernie

gsuteke

i caught the end of it on the way to work.

the last thing they said was

"There will be a major announcement regarding the Hawks on Monday."

I believe Tellem officially becomes Al's agent on Monday. If they've got something worked out they've done a wonderful job keeping it quiet thus far. either it's the Indy deal or Carlisle will look like an idiot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I don't think they've officially announced the Lo Wright signing yet, have they?

There's your "big" announcement.

*gag*

figures. i thought about that but I thought to myself "no, it's in the AJC. how silly would that be?"

i guess we are talking about Hawk's ownership here.

• Moderators

I caught far from everything, but some of the comments he was making about Shelden made it sound like Shelden would have to earn a starting job. I may have heard that wrong, though. Did anyone else hear what I was hearing? That was around 8:3something.

Quote:

I caught far from everything, but some of the comments he was making about Shelden made it sound like Shelden would have to earn a starting job. I may have heard that wrong, though. Did anyone else hear what I was hearing? That was around 8:3something.

man that is the exact opposite of what he said last week! confused.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

man that is the exact opposite of what he said last week! confused.gif

I didn't think last week's was a hard and fast "Shelden will start" sort of thing, but I also thought was I was hearing was a real backing off from last week. Just to make it more complex, though, I am not sure what I heard was as strong as what I thought it was. smile.gif

I heard the whole Breakfast with Bernie segment...Bernie said that the Al Harrington deal is already done...it is the same deal that was worked out before Al fired his other agent...he said look Monday for the official announcement of the trade since that is when Art Tellum officially becomes Al's agent. The Lorenzen Wright signing should be officially announced shortly therafter...Bernie said he's excited about the competition at each position...he likes that we are at least two deep at each position...something we didn't have last year...Shelden is not the definite starter yet...he has to prove it in training camp. Hope this helps. grin.gif

Quote:

I heard the whole Breakfast with Bernie segment...Bernie said that the Al Harrington deal is already done...it is the same deal that was worked out before Al fired his other agent...he said look Monday for the official announcement of the trade since that is when Art Tellum officially becomes Al's agent. The Lorenzen Wright signing should be officially announced shortly therafter...Bernie said he's excited about the competition at each position...he likes that we are at least two deep at each position...something we didn't have last year...Shelden is not the definite starter yet...he has to prove it in training camp. Hope this helps.
grin.gif

if they trade Al to Indy for a protected 1st rounder and cash they'll be making a big mistake!

Quote:

...it is the same deal that was worked out before Al fired his other agent...

So that would mean we'll get a #1 pick plus money. At least that will make next year's draft interesting to watch and follow...even though the pick won't likely be high enough to get us one of the big guns.

Sounds like it's going to be what we have now plus Lorenzen for the coming year. I hope that gives us enough inside strength to compete and improve our record. A playoff push still seems like it might be a stretch - but you never know!

• Premium Member

My hope is that there is some plan to pick up one of the free agents in next years class...

Maybe Darko.

The problem with that is that most good free agents are normally resigned before they can get to the market and Orlando will have money.

Quote:

He also said at one point "If you believe reports of the Lorenzen Wright deal"

So I think that this will be the big announcement. I don't think that the Al deal could be consummated until the 15th of August at the earliest.

Yes...but when Bernie said look for big news on Monday...one of the host on Rude Awakining said you mean the Al Harrington deal will be on Monday...and Bernie replied...yeah, it's already done...then they kept on joking with Bernie by telling him to call 680thefan first instead of AJC so that 680thefan won't have to find out about the deal in the newpaper the next day.

Bernie is required to say if you believe the Lorenzen Wright reports because the deal can't be officially announced until after the Al Harrington trade...later when he was going through the depth chart he included Lo's name...his deal will probably be announced on Monday as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We can finally move on with our lives. Now to cheer on JJ and the USA team.

Fat chance.

Whatever the deal is, the next 2-3 weeks will be spent butchering BK -- rightly or wrongly, I can't be sure right now, of course -- for making it.