• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: 3 trade options

DrReality

According to the Laker board at Real GM Mihm might not be a bad alternative:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...der=asc&start=0

It includes comments like this:

mihm is such an underrated player in this league, and if your not a laker guy you wouldnt know about him. Ive seen that guy do some really,really impressive stuff when hes out there. the one that comes to mind is on the first x-mas day miami game, mihm pulls out this lew alcinder style hook shot over shaqueef and nails it......my only criticism of him is that i wish he would/could put on a little more bulk/strength..like 10-15 pounds of muscle, but than maybe that would take him out of what he does........i agree that he is a valuable commodity...but i personally love the guy and he deserves all the props he gets....i often have to defend the guy even to diehard laker fans..

I wonder what difference it would make for Mihm to play in our offense rather than the triangle that revolves around Kobe. I think Mihm has matured in the last couple years and would pair nicely with any one of our other bigs. If he would play the center and allow Za to move to PF it could make a new man out of Za.

I like the idea of brining him on and he would do wonders to our rotations to always have a fresh big on the floor, something that killed us last year.

• Premium Member

I agree that Mihm is not necessarily a very good center but he will not embarass his team on the court either.

I am glad that BK did not allow Walsh to get Al for nothing. Good job BK

I still beleive we could have done better at the trade deadline.

Those three dunks show why Mihm is much better on D than Zaza. In each case he went to help another man who got beat and actually attempted to block the shot, two things Zaza wouldn't have done.

If Zaza had been in those same situations those players wouldn't have dunked on Zaza because Zaza wouldn't have even tried to contest their dunks.

• Premium Member

At Texas, Mihm was a stud and was thought to be the first pick of his draft class because of his studliness as a Center. As a pro, he has not faired so well, but the guy has a good foundation to build on. I think all of this "bum" talk is somewhat premature.

Quote:

Actually, most of the talk on the Laker's board gives him no respect. His only job is to rebound for Kobe.

That is BS. Since you obviously didn't even look at the thread posted, here are the responses on the first page.

Quote:

OK, So I'm a new poster here but have been reading the posts forever. Anyway, I REALLY don't get why Mihm is in virtually every trade post where we get back some average gaurd that really doesn't help us at all. While Mihm isn't a dominant center, he is better than most out there. He has a good contract, and I think if we could sign 2-3 big men that were the equivalent of him we'd be in real good shape.

So I ask for no more Mihm for crap trade offers! If we get a legit big or star player in a package great, otherwise lets keep the limited bigs we have.

All of us actually really like Mihm. Although, he is truly our only tradeable asset besides Andrew Bynum. That is why he is always included in trades. Most of us here will only include Mihm if it is for the right piece.

Yup. Mihm is our biggest expiring contract now, so he's by default our best trading chip (not counting Andrew Bynum). Resigning Mihm might be costly next offseason, so a lot of people feel like it's better to cash in on Mihm right away.

I's love for Mihm to stay if we can sign him to a reasonable deal unless there is a star available that we'd need Mihm's salary to complete a deal for.

mihm isnt hated, but he is like the best player we can afford to trade

Mihm is the only tradable assest the Lakers got and the only one which has some value in the market and he has the expiring contract...so thats the only reason...but I would love him to stay at reasonable price

I think Mihm will re-earn our starting center spot if he comes back 100%. It looks like a lot of teams don't value him like Lakers fans do though. Other teams value Kwame even less than Mihm. I'm another vote for "if it's at the right piece". I wouldn't bet against Mihm being voted as the best center on our team if you took a poll on here. Mihm's got more upside than Kwame and you can run a play for Mihm instead of having to spoon feed Kwame layups all game. That and Mihm can actually catch the ball.

If we would have had him healthy through the playoffs, the general misconception of Mihm's improvements last season might have been less – at least amongst fans. But, I don't think that this applies to the GMs in the league. I'm pretty sure they all have a pretty good idea of most players around the league.

I like Mihm more than Bynum. If it was me Bynum would be our "biggest trade asset" and Mihm would be our back-up center. Mr. Buss obviously feels differently.

I agree 100%. during the first part of the season I wanted Mihm out of LA because he sucked bad, foul trouble, inconsistant, could not play on the road etc. a lot of people that don't follow the Lakers base their opinions about Mihm on that. in the second part of the season when he got comfortable with the triangle he blossomed like Odom did. he was actually our second scorring option for a while and somehow stayed out of foul trouble, but then he twisted his ankle and nobody got to see him in the playoffs, so they think that he is still the old Mihm.

Now I want you to point to which post gave him no respect and said his only job was to rebound for Kobe.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Baker is no longer on the Celtics roster, but they still owe him over $5 million this season. Unless something has changed, I'm under the impression that they can still trade his contract.

Nope, they waived it under the "Michael Finley" rule IIRC.