• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin playing Friday

HawksFan87

Quote:

Just when you thought things couldn't get better after that comeback vs the Nuggets, we get this great news. This is almost too eerie.

And I agree, that the detractors will come out in bunches when Marvin shows rust and youth.

Phook the detractors...after the effort tonight I'm all-in. All hands on deck and do what JJ says and try for the playoffs.

Oden my arse - we wouldn't get him anyway - we'll just have to beat him.

He brought up a good point about getting back into basketball condition, and if anything that's what I'd like for him to accomplish coming back this early. It wasn't his shooting hand that he hurt, so it shouldn't affect him nearly as much. Makes it hard to get good dribble penetration on one good hand; your defender should know which side you're gonna favor.

The best thing to me is that he's coming back when we're still thin, so its not like he's coming back to steal anyone's minutes, he's coming back when we really need more depth. He should be welcomed with open arms.

I hope he doesn't try to do too much and make a bunch of mistakes. I love his quote about his return:

"It's almost been a blessing in disguise for me," Williams said. "I've been around and heard everything that's been said. And I'm going to hit the floor with all of that on my mind. Whatever happens, I have to be ready."

He comes in with the right persepctive. He's not coming back to show out to the world, he's coming back to help his team.

Quote:

I'm interested in seeing how a small lineup w/ marvin and josh at the forwards with shelden playing the PF/C would work. we could really get up and down the floor as long as the rebounding holds up.

I also like the sound of that lineup. If we can force the opposition to go small to defend us, we'd definitely have an advantage. The great thing about this team is the versatility of the the players. If that small lineup starts to wear down, it only takes one sub to go big again.

This is just what I posted on another thread but this is anything but a small lineup. This would be our best rebounding lineup with huge size advantages everywhere. Think for a 7 or 8 mintue stretch.

PG - JJ (6'7) probably a good 4 inches on most PG's

SG - JC (6'8) a few inches taller

SF - MW (6'9) still above average height or right at it

PF - JS (6'9) average

C - SW (6'9) maybe giving up an inch or two, but only ot shaq and Z in the east.

This lineup would be able to run, and talk about getting hands in the passing lane. This could be our shut down defensive unit. I would love to see this lineup to close out games. Make the other team go to taller slow guys and run them to death.

Quote:

He can't struggle worse than Speedy coming off the same injury.

...nobody can struggle that much after such an injury. MW will be fine. Start judging his play in January. Give him a training camp's worth of time to get back up to speed and continue to heal.

W