• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LAST STRAW...

Diesel

• Premium Member

NO was on a 5 game losing streak.

NO was on the road.

NO was just as injured if not more injured than us.

I'm watching then all the sudden the score is 96 to 71!

OK...

It's time for sweeping changes.

Excuses fall by the wayside when you consider we had a JJ caliber player on the court and they didn't.

Here's my suggestion:

Woody gone.

Let's bring in Terry Porter. He's not doing anything right now, maybe he'll take our position and a 4 year deal. And if Belkin fires him... that's cool, I think TP will knows he can find another job.

Let's tell BK, that he's gone in the Summer. Give his Job to Dominique!!

It's time to move forward!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel I completely agree with you. I think that we should make a coaching change right now and if that doesn't change things then you start moving players. I feel as if other coaces get a lot more out of less talen than we have. I know that we are young but it appears that we have actually regressed alittle from last year. Woody simply can't do the job and he is trying to save his job on JJ's back. The Speedy Claxton signing was a bad one no doubts about that, he can't even play a solid 3 game stretch. With the personnel that our team has we should be a running team but no we walk it up give it to JJ and watch out. It is kind of like the 76ers with Iverson where the other guys just watch. I think that they have quit on Woody and injuries aside he refuses to change his style and his substitutions. Why the hell isn't J-chill starting. I am a big Marvin fan but he isn't playing consistent and coming off an injury he need to head to the bench. Woody can't coach and should get a pass just because of a 4-1 record at the beginning og the season.

• Premium Member

I've changed my opinion on this mess. I now think that Woodson and Knight need to go 1st, and the talent needs to be evaluated 2nd.

I would hate to trade away a young player out of desperation when it's clear the system sucks. Another Diaw situation is the last thing the Hawks need right now.

They need a new coach and need him now.

• Premium Member

I was for giving Woody a chance to see what he could do with players that are not injured. However, these players that we have aren't that bad on paper and they look like a soggy s--- sandwhich against weak competition. I think they've quit. if so, let's just get the new coach in here.

I personally suggest Terry Porter. NO.. Don't promote Herb or Larry. Let's just get a new coach... TERRY PORTER or Westhead. We have to change our focus. This Walk up and move into offensive sets that take too long to develop sucks. We're not that type of team (or at least, we don't have the personnell for that)...

BK also. The Marvin experiment has flopped extremely hard. I understand that there are also circumstances surrounding our ownership that complicate matters... but You're a better scout than GM.

I have been a fan of the Atlanta Hawks for my entire 25 years on Earth and, I agree, last night was terrible. It had to be one of the worst games I have seen out the Hawks, period. And that's saying something with our recent teams. I mean, Woody always looks lost but last night I got sick of seeing him cheek in hand sitting on the bench. How about getting up and demanding your players take it to the hoop? Is our entire offense screen and shoot? The excuses of injuries can clearly be thrown out the window when we consider that NO/OK was missing 3 GOOD starters and a GREAT 6th man. I mean, we had injuries but I don't think MW/TLue/Chill really compare. This team is poorly constructed (Billy Knight's doing) and terribly coached (Woody).

I agree it's the last straw for me too! We were so pitiful last night that I turned to watch Marquette beat UConn. It was interesting to watch because Wesley Matthews (son of former Hawks point guard Wes Matthews) plays for Marquette and I'm good friends with Wesley's grandmother. Now that was a good game! I turned back occasionally to the Hawks and got nauseous. Although I like Woody, it seems he's clueless and the team's not responding. It may be time to fire both BK and Woody.

Quote:

I've changed my opinion on this mess. I now think that Woodson and Knight need to go 1st, and the talent needs to be evaluated 2nd.

I would hate to trade away a young player out of desperation when it's clear the system sucks. Another Diaw situation is the last thing the Hawks need right now.

They need a new coach and need him now.

AGREE 100%...people talk about moving Marvin this early in his career and he could blow up somewhere else.

• Premium Member

I take threads like this as a "Sorry for crucifying ya earlier Soth" post. tongue.gif

Knight should be fired for building up a team with all the wrong picks and not taking advantage of his free use of the cap and player movement before the judge's order. This is most definitely his team on the court, same as last year and the year before, and its a complete failure. COMPLETE failure.

I won't even get started on Woodson. He was a "buddy" pick at the time of the hire and the only reason he still has a job is because the Spirit are too cheap to pay him the rest of his salary and hire a new coach. And even if they did fire him they'd just pull an assistant coach in and make him the "interim" coach.

This is the worst I have ever seen this franchise. We have a #2 pick who looks totally lost on the court and two lottery picks who are nothing more than bench players. We have nothing still at point guard other than a bad free agent signing and Zaza just can't play interior defense well enough to justify starting him.

Agreed, the team has quit.

In the second quarter, coming out of a timeout the, while the game was still tied, our guys are hanging their heads. NOK players are up and talking. The team has ZERO confidence that they can win or even score right now. The offense is awful. The only play that is run is as high screen for JJ- everything else looks imporvised.

Hell Childress said as much in the paper today. They don't know where everyone is going to be on offense. How can that be the case in the middle of January!!! Yes injuries have set players and cohesion back, but good grief, they guys should know where they are supposed to be on the floor. That is not poor coaching, that is AWFUL coaching. I can't believe Woody has his job this morning.

Its high time for a 'scorched earth' policy to be enforced on this roster, coaching staff, and front office. I hear some people saying 'who would you replace BK with right now?' I say ANYONE. I'm pretty sure there's an assistant GM or lead scout in Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, LA, Denver, SOMEWHERE who could do better than what the Burger King has done. If the ownership situation is causing BK to have this amount of trouble acquiring talent, say it. Tell the media and I'm sure they'll do everything to bury this group in the press. Otherwise, its time to knock this crumbling house down and build from ground up....AGAIN.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

• Moderators

Quote:

two lottery picks who are nothing more than bench players.

I think that Chills could easily start for a lot of teams in the league. He would be easy to mesh with almost any kind of lineup.

I think Shelden will be starter quality in a year or two.

Neither would be standouts as starters but Tyronne Lue is a good bench player and these guys will be considerably better than mere bench players, IMO.

• Premium Member

Chill could probably start for most teams but not ours. Which, no offense, is the only team I really care about. tongue.gif We could have drafted Deng or Iggy at that spot and still drafted Smith. Next year we could have drafted Deron or Paul and pair them up with Roy or Foye this draft. It just kills me to know how much better our team would be right now if we had drafted the right players instead of the wrong player at every spot except for Josh Smith at 17.

Quote:

Chill could probably start for most teams but not ours. Which, no offense, is the only team I really care about.
tongue.gif
We could have drafted Deng or Iggy at that spot and still drafted Smith. Next year we could have drafted Deron or Paul and pair them up with Roy or Foye this draft. It just kills me to know how much better our team would be right now if we had drafted the right players instead of the wrong player at every spot except for Josh Smith at 17.

Hm.. would we have been in position to draft Roy or Foye if we had Paul? Just an academic question, really. Obviously I'd prefer having that problem over the one we currently have smile.gif

I totally agree......Ladies and Gentlemen it is time to totally clean house from the top to the bottom. We have given them enough ample time to build a respectable team in terms of wins and they haven't.

BK and Woody should be dismissed and a new regime should take over. They have totally failed!!

I was patient for several years and now my patience is at the end.