• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget it, Marvin is THE reason for our woes..

AtLaS

That wide open dunk that he missed just ended it, he is a bust. Now I don't blame this on Marvin, I blame it on BK.

If we had Paul or Deron on our current team (losing Marvin wouldn't hurt anything), we'd be a legit playoff contender AND still have our capspace! FA's would be DYING to come here, players would love to be traded here. We'd get good vets signing for less than they are worth. We'd be a finals contender within the next 2 years. All this tank talk wouldn't even exist.

The worst part is that Marvin came in to his workout with the Hawks out of shape, and an inch shorter than reported, meanwhile Paul thought he was going to the Hawks because he had his BEST workout here. We already had 3 1st round SF's on our team AND Al Harrington, and we used our REAL TANK SEASON to get an unproven player.

To all you people who will say we need to kill the Paul/Marvin debate because it's done, well I can't because this move is going to put us in the gutter for quite a few years.

BTW to you tankers, we have already tanked. BK blew our #2 pick, THAT was our Tanking season. Add to that we had a #5 and a #6 yet we are still the worst franchise in the league. BK is the worst GM in sports, I'd kill for Isiah.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Al Jefferson and Gerald Green both were drafted right out of HS, neither were lottery picks and they both dominated the Hawks today.

Meanwhile Marvin continues to suck.

WTF, we just won the friking game and you guys talking about how bad Marvin is.

Be happy, damnn.

• Admin

Marvin made some good plays out there. He missed the dunk...his play out there did not hurt the team.

His problem is that he doesn't go to the ball. He lets the game come to him instead of trying to make the game happen himself.

He is going to be good...its there. He just needs to figure it out.

Quote:

Quote:

Al Jefferson and Gerald Green both were drafted right out of HS, neither were lottery picks and they both dominated the Hawks today.

Meanwhile Marvin continues to suck.

Be happy, damnn.

We beat a bad team missing their two best players. Sorry if i am somewhat less than thrilled.

Quote:

Marvin made some good plays out there. He missed the dunk...his play out there did not hurt the team.

His problem is that he doesn't go to the ball. He lets the game come to him instead of trying to make the game happen himself.

In 38 minutes Marvin got 8 pts and 3 rebounds shooting 25% from the field. That sucks

Quote:

Quote:

In 38 minutes Marvin got 8 pts and 3 rebounds shooting 25% from the field. That sucks

HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN!

Quote:

his play out there did not hurt the team.

Missing wide open dunks and shooting 3-12 against a HORRIBLY young team with no defense is unacceptable for a #2 pick. How did he NOT hurt the team?

Quote:

A #2 pick SHOULD go to the ball, and should NOT try to let the game come to him. Although I agree that he should let the game come to him since he is simply not talented enough to make something happen.

Quote:

I don't see it at ALL. Why do you think he doesn't finish when he drives? He is not quick enough to get by his man, nor does he have the handles to do so, so if he DOES get by his man he'll have three people waiting to block his shot in the lane, and he is not a good passer so he can't make a play out of it.

We just won the game, yet people are complaining because Pierce and Wally Z. were not playing. C'mon, we won...does not matter who was hurt. Do you think people complained when they beat the Hawks?? "Oh..we won, but JJ and J. Smith weren't playing." Who cares!!! We won, isn't that what matters?

Marvin will come around. He's extremely young, and he's still developing. He's not the downfall of this francise. It's not his fault he was picked second. It's not his fault that he does have potential, and a beautiful form on a jumpshot that's only going to get better. Support him, don't blast him. Geesh...

• Premium Member

His problem is that he was the invention of hype. Hype doesn't go out and take the court. I would beat money that Donta Smith could provide us with more than what we get from Marvin.

Marvin is not in shape ever.

And he has TP and his bag of excuses trying to cover up. MW over Paul is the biggest Coverup in the history of Atlanta Sports.

So nothing is Marvin's fault.

It isn't his fault that he got only 3 rebounds in 38 minutes.

It isn't his fault that he missed a wide open dunk.

It isn't his fault that he can't make wide open jumpers.

It isn't his fault that he continuously makes an excessive number of stupid turnovers.

I get it now. Marvin can't be held responsible for anything.

Maybe the Birthday Fairly will give Marvin some stones on his 21 birthday and he will start looking like an NBA player.

The fact that the Hawks got dominated by two young guys drafted right out of HS makes his lack of development even more glaring.

Quote:

Quote:

Because he is the weak link that's why, which is sad..

...as they all will want to start. Much less can we afford to keep them at the salaries they are likely to command.

At this point I see NOTHING to make me not want to keep JC and JS over MW. I'd start JC and JS until the all-star break. Tell MW he can earn his starting job back with efficient, productive play and tremendous effort. He looks like crap right now. I wish we had traded him last year or during the offseason. BIG mistake. A package of he and Al could've gotten us something then, maybe with a future lotto protected pick, Pau Gasol.

A win at home against a team with it's 4 best guards injured. This doesn't bode well for either tanking or contending.

W

Quote:

It's not his fault that he was picked 2nd

LMAO, you're backing Marvin yet you use this argument. So, in other words, without admitting it you agree with me.

Besides I never blasted Marvin, if you read the FIRST sentence of my original post, I blamed BK. It's good to know where your true feelings are.

LMAO, of all the issues facing these ATL Hawks, from horrendous ownership to the worst coach in the NBA...you peg a 20 year old player as THE reason for the woes...

Idiocy. Maybe you don't like MW. Good for you. But making him public enemy #1 shows how irrational you are...and totally out of touch. Marvin needs work, no doubt. But your initial post is stupid. Why don't you dig a little deeper before throwing out nonsense like post?

Wow. That really hurts my feelings. So, you think, with all the issues facing the Hawks, that MW is THE reason they suck?

You stupidity is stunning. Its not the owners...the GM...the coach...the lack of never having a PG or inside defense.

Marvin is THE reason. Your a moron.

Put that in your sig..

If you dont think hes one of the reasons this team isnt better then it is your foolish. Put Chris Paul or Deron Williams with JJ Chillz Smoove and others and you have a legit playoff team for the next 8-10 years. With Marvin you add a prospect who is gonna take years to develop and hes mpt even one of the better players of the team right now. We are hurting right now because we made a mistake in taking another forward in Marvin Williams. People dont realize how good this team would be with either of those franchise PGs we would be the talk of the league right now no doubt instead we are still the laughing stock and that is thanks to a horrible draft pick in Marvin Williams when he clearly was way too hyped and we had many SFs on the roster. Do you thinkt he Hornets or Jazz would trade us either Paul or Deron for Marvin they would laugh in our faces and say no thanks. Just a bone head move which will take years to recover from and yes I agree he is one of the reason to our woes.