• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al does not even make it a season...traded to GS

capstone21

• Admin

--off of Real GM

The Golden State Warriors have agreed to trade Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu and Keith McLeod to the Indiana Pacers for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Sarunas Jasikevicius and Josh Powell, NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

---

Interesting trade. Al wanted to go to GS anyway in the summer so I am sure he is not feeling bad about this trade. If Diogu and Dunleavy live up to their potential, this could be a great trade for Indiana. Murphy's contract is huge but he is a good (not great) player when given pt. GS already has a lot of swingmen and point guards so I am not sure why they made this trade.

• Admin

Actually I went over to hoopshype and looked at each player's salaries and they took on worse contracts. Dunlevy and Murphy's contracts are terrible. I think they brought in some talent and potential but they also go some longterm bad contracts.

I think this is a terrible trade for Indy. They brought in some huge long term contracts......all to get rid of Jackson. And they had to throw in Harrington, even though they were starting to hate Al's game.

Al Harrington's ceiling was exposed with Atlanta and now confirmed with Indy. His value was really overblown. Go to Indy's website and read how they are happy to get rid of Al.....already!!!

Quote:

I think this is a terrible trade for Indy. They brought in some huge long term contracts......all to get rid of Jackson. And they had to throw in Harrington, even though they were starting to hate Al's game.

Al Harrington's ceiling was exposed with Atlanta and now confirmed with Indy. His value was really overblown. Go to Indy's website and read how they are happy to get rid of Al.....already!!!

why did the pacers hate Jackson SO much? taking on dunleavy and murphy seems like a bit much just to get rid of jackson and to get diogu.

It depends upon to what extent Diogu, Dunleavy, and Murphy play with a chip on their shoulder as to whether this improves our pick or not. I expect Dunleavy and Murphy to play angry.

W

Quote:

It depends upon to what extent Diogu, Dunleavy, and Murphy play with a chip on their shoulder as to whether this improves our pick or not. I expect Dunleavy and Murphy to play angry.

W

Why would they suddenly play angry? They seem to believe in "serenity now". I'd too if I was overpaid. They are grateful to Mullin for giving them the huge contracts.

It'll take time before they learn to play together.

Quote:

Why would they suddenly play angry? They seem to believe in "serenity now". I'd too if I was overpaid. They are grateful to Mullin for giving them the huge contracts.

It'll take time before they learn to play together.

And it's an insult to Jackson and Al. They too may play angry.

I'd play with a chip on my shoulder and it has nothing to do with money, but I agree it will take time to mesh. I will add I think Diogu is a catch and he and Murphy should provide much more than Al going out. Whether Dunleavy steps up is the question. How many white guys from UPPER-class suburbia know what a chip on their shoulder is? He is skinny. Maybe he got called alot of names when he was little. He'll need to find his chip somewhere.

W

• Moderators

I can tell you a main reason for this trade for Indiana - Al Harrington has played a ton of minutes at PF this season and is killing the Pacers with his lack of rebounding. With Diogu and Murphy, the Pacers will immediately be much tougher on the boards.

I don't like Dunleavy at all but some scouts still do and have been calling for a change of scenery. He has got one and will be splitting time with Granger so he has his chance to get some PT.

i told the people over at RealGM's Indy board that their defense would go in the tank this year with Harrington. they told me he was a great defender becore he came here.

i predicted their points allowed would go up by 5 a game the second they traded for Harrington. I'm sure that has come to fruition, although scoring D seems to be up somewhat league wide.

O'Neal has to be the next shoe. this screams rebuilding to me.

Quote:

i told the people over at RealGM's Indy board that their defense would go in the tank this year with Harrington. they told me he was a great defender becore he came here.

i predicted their points allowed would go up by 5 a game the second they traded for Harrington. I'm sure that has come to fruition, although scoring D seems to be up somewhat league wide.

I agree. Don't be surprised if JO is dealt next. But if you deal JO, it has to be for a young player who is on the verge of becoming a borderline superstar. If they trade JO for expiring contracts . . lol.

BK looks like a genius in that Hawks/Pacers trade now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't agree with your post as far as Harrington is concerned but I do agree that JO is on his way out of Indy. I wonder where is he going to end up? Hmmmmm.