• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta @ Boston

gsuteke

This team irritates me to the point of distraction. From time to time we see flashes of completely compelling team basketball. We have talent. We have youth. And then we lost to the Bobcats by 100 points in 2 games over 2 days. I really hope we get to see this team totally healthy for a 25 game period. I think we would be a team that no one would want to play. Just my thought.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Player of the game - J- SMOOOOOOOVEEEE.

He's a keeper. He has really turned his game up since he has come back. That leads me to believe that he was very attentive to how the team was playing while he was out. I say that because he seems to be trying to bolster the inherent weaknesses of our team: Creating fast break opportunities even though our PG's are banged up, providing some semblance of interior defense, and being that second scoring option that we so desperately needed. I think this guy has a much higher bball IQ than he gets credit for.

The nucleus of Smoove, Johnson and Williams are keepers. we just need a starting point and a rebounding center cause offensive rebounds killed us thats why we got down early. the rest of the players we have are excellent complimentary players except for Lo.

There was only one positive play out of a Woodson timeout, beginning of quarter or half during the whole game.

Woodson should hold his players more accountable like he did tonight with Josh Smith. Smith was awful in the first quarter and missed a layup badly, Woodson then benched him for most of the first half until Smith subsequently substituted himself back in the game and responded positively.

I caught Ivey looking at some Boston booty that was exiting the arena during a timeout instead of paying attention to Woody.

Lorenzen Wright is a Senior Level bum.

I wonder if starting Lue, who often dominates the ball, hurt our offensive rhythm in the first half? Ivey doesn't produce much offense, but he doesn't hog the ball, either. I see Lue as a guy to bring off the bench when the team needs an offensive spark.

Walter we're on the same page in this instance. however I'm not going to either

a. pile on the Hawks or

b. get twisted when they lose

either way we're screwed as fans.

if they could only get a top 3 pick this year i really want to believe they'd be fine. i really want to believe!

Quote:

The nucleus of Smoove, Johnson and Williams are keepers. we just need a starting point and a rebounding center cause offensive rebounds killed us thats why we got down early. the rest of the players we have are excellent complimentary players except for Lo.

There was only one positive play out of a Woodson timeout, beginning of quarter or half during the whole game.

Woodson should hold his players more accountable like he did tonight with Josh Smith. Smith was awful in the first quarter and missed a layup badly, Woodson then benched him for most of the first half until Smith subsequently substituted himself back in the game and responded positively.

I caught Ivey looking at some Boston booty that was exiting the arena during a timeout instead of paying attention to Woody.

Lorenzen Wright is a Senior Level bum.

see the "what has the Joe Johnson trade netted us" thread

• Moderators

Quote:

Walter we're on the same page in this instance. however I'm not going to either

a. pile on the Hawks or

b. get twisted when they lose

either way we're screwed as fans.

if they could only get a top 3 pick this year i really want to believe they'd be fine. i
really want to believe!

It is out of our control and very frustrating. I am just going to root for us to get lucky in the lottery rather than worry about it. Better to be lucky than good.

• Premium Member

I was very upset they came back to win that game. I actually watched that first half, what was it, 44-29 at half? Disgusting. I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up the Hawks had somehow won the game. Even more disgusting. These idiots can't even tank correctly.

Quote:

...Even more disgusting. These idiots can't even tank correctly.

It looked like Woody was trying...after that blazing first 3/4 of the third quarter where JS lit up the Garden, he sat Josh for considerably longer than one would have expected (trying to cool him off and stiffen him up we figured)...yet, even with the offense running through Zaza and him turning the ball over a few times it didn't work out. The damage was done...the Celtics out-tanked us.

As Diesel said (to paraphrase)...you gotta be careful with JS...he's an "Anti-tank" weapon grin.gif

Quote:

I was very upset they came back to win that game. I actually watched that first half, what was it, 44-29 at half? Disgusting. I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up the Hawks had somehow won the game. Even more disgusting. These idiots can't even tank correctly.

boy.... it sure is going to get nasty around here come February/March grin.gif

i see two distinct camps forming as I type

Quote:

I am such an idiot. It just dawned on my why you chose that avatar.

Here I was thinking you were just another one of the weirdos on this site
grin.gif

And the winner of the 2007 Being Somewhat Quick prize goes to.... everyone but gsuteke!