• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Telfair cut..should we sign him?

DeacKillsaDevil

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our only problem is that that would mean 4 pg's under contract. we'd have to get rid of at least one of them. And I am guessing that would be either AJ or Lue. We could get telfair and assuming that we lose our pick to Phoenix, could use the Indy pick to get a Thabeet or Noah. I'd rather draft a big man than a pg if we only have 1 pick.

Telfair exemplifies what is wrong with the NBA. All the hype while in high school, the shoe contract before he even steps on a court. He is having legal problems. I say hell no we don't need him. How can a point guard no be able to shot. All the streetball bullsh*t doesn't cut it in the pros. I am sure that And1 will sign him.

Quote:

It is a no lose situation.

Well, it's not exactly a winner either. Believe me, I unfortunately watched a lot of Celtics games this season- and this guy is just not a good basketball player. Even if it's a low-risk move, I just don't see the point in signing talent deficient players like that. IMO his odds of ever helping this team lie somewhere between slim and none, and signing him would just be a waste of time, money, and resources that could be spent in much, much more productive ways.

What? For our offseason Streetball team at Run-n-Shoot? I thought this kid was a punk before he came to the NBA. Then I saw his documentary and was pulling for him to succeed. Now I am thinking that my first impression may have been accurate. And to top that off, I am not entirely impressed with his ability. If he was a young Iverson type then maybe. I guess the one good thing about signing him is that he could get a concealed weapons permit here in GA.

There is an reason he was picked number 13 overallin 2003. He's not garbage. He's and explosive point guard that can really drive the ball. He's great around the basket and has the passing vision to really become a top 10 pg in the league.

Why not he can easily be had for next to nothing. It'll give BK an excuse to admit the speedy mistake and trade him. (We all know BK got too much pride to take responsibility for speedy's bad signing and trade him away)

And if Bassy play's horrible or get's in another legal problem so what JUST CUT HIM. It's not like we would have to pay him alot money anyway.

He'll just start off in Ivey's old role next season until he proves himself a starter in which I can definatly see him doing for us next year.

There's no harm. If he's screw's up then BYE BYE BASSY.

• Premium Member

Why not give him a look? Remember, we are the same team that signed Slava friggin Medvedenko to address our big man problem. Would signing Telfair do that much harm? Sign him for peanuts and if he doesn't work out, CUT HIM!!!

Why do we need him? He's not the solution for a starting PG and we already have Lue coming off the bench. Telfair was a real cancer in Portland - Woody has enough trouble with Smoove right now and Josh is a good kid.

I'd just let Telfair fade into the sunset.