• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we have to draft at #3 and #11 who do you want?

Sothron

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think that Aldridge is a finesse power forward just like Smith.

Aldridge has proven to be a legit center. That's where he played for Portland.

Quote:

S&T requires that you match the dollars. If it is an expensive free agent we would have to package a lot of players or joe to make it happen.

It depends on how things work out, but the Hawks have more than enough salaries/players to make it work.

Quote:

We are stuck with the pick unless we trade down or accept a lesser player via trade

I think you are premature in reaching this conclusion.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Aldridge has proven to be a legit center. That's where he played for Portland.

Aldridge started all 15 games in March. The Trailblazers were 5 -10 in march. So how does this support that he is a legit center in the league?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Aldridge started all 15 games in March. The Trailblazers were 5 -10 in march. So how does this support that he is a legit center in the league?

That's the weakest response I've ever seen on this board. Ever.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Whatever, but the point is that Aldridge has done nothing that convinces me that he is a legit center in this league

#3 pick- Wright, he's the best player avaliable, has #1 overall pick type talent, and we have a chance to get him at 3. He will be able to come in and provide energy and shot-blocking from day one. He's got a 7-5 wingspan, is left handed, and very athletic, he has all the tools to be a big time defensive anchor. I know he's skinny, but he can't stay skinny for ever, he'll eventually put on the weight. Everybody wants Conley, but newsflash were not winning a championship next year, were not one peace away from contending, so whats wrong with bringing in a player, and waiting on him a little bit. I feel that if the Hawks stay healthy their a playoff team, bringing in a player like Wright can only help us.

#11- I say we take jaravis Crittenton, I feel of all the PGs he might end up being the best. He's a hometown kid, so he's already gonna be in a comfort zone. At 6'5 195 and still growing, he can end up being a match-up problems against the opposing team. He's already a better shooter than COnley, posses solid playmaking skills, and is very athletic.

• Premium Member

...and attempt to regain a #1 for 2008.

But, to answer your question straight up, Horford represents the safest pick at #3, Yi the one with the highest ceiling.

I'm not a big fan of Wright, and part of that bias is that I want someone who appears ready now, not later. I actually do like Noah, but it's easier to see him developing into a good "energy" guy off the bench than it is to see him and his frame getting 40 minutes or so a night as a starter.

At #11, I might get flogged for this, but I really don't like any PG at #11. I simply am not convinced that Conley is a lottery pick if he hadn't played with the #1 pick and had the benefits that flow from that. I like Law as a player better than Conley, but that's not saying much; and Law isn't a good fit for what we need, either, though he certainly might be for other teams. Crittenton is not a value at #11, though that's never necessarily stopped BK before.

No, at #11, I'm looking down the road--Stoudamire isn't likely to be in ATL after this season; what's more, there's a distinct possibility that Childress won't either, though don't take that to be a prediction.

So my guy at #11 is Nick Young. Admittedly, I'm going more on the scouting reports I've read than actually having watched him play that much... but short of Brewer somehow falling all the way to #11, I really like what Young would do for the roster.

munching_out.gif

• Premium Member

I never heard YI say he didn't want to play for anyteam. There are rumors out about Chinese government, but they don't run the NBA. They have already released Yi. Yi to Atlanta would be just as big as Yi to GS..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Whatever, but the point is that Aldridge has done nothing that convinces me that he is a legit center in this league

When the Blazers drafted LMA they said they saw him as a PF and eventually growing into a center within 2-3 years. The strength and conditioning coach for the team was quoted late last year as saying that aldridge and pryzbilla were the hardest working players on the team (no one else even close), and he saw aldridge putting on about another 10 pounds of muscle this offseason potentially.

I have not posted here in a long while, but I read all the time.

Right now I am for Horford (if he can be a C) or Li (unless his people of China are likely to refuse him playing for the Hawks.)

I am concerned based on your posts here Sothron that the folks in the Hawks org leaking BKs thoughts and opinions and such to fans like you or media like Ford are hurting BK's trade and draft leverage and these leaks really need to STOP.

I like the inside word as well as the rest of fans here but when the whole world knows your draft plans like last year then the GM and team is screwed.

Maybe BK is leaking junk this year on purpose but I doubt it. And if your source is the same one leaking to Ford they really oughta consider what they are doing to BK's negotiating position.

• Premium Member

If its any consolation mountain jim there is quite a bit of information I've gotten over the years that was I asked not to repeat and did not repeat. There is nothing that I have reported here that has not been picked up on later by another NBA reporter about Knight. Knight knows about last year's blunder and he's not going to repeat that. They will probably trade the pick for the right deal and failing that yes I do believe on the last I heard that either Horford or Wright or Yi will be the pick at #3.

Sothron,

Conley/Hawes (or best available Forward/Center if Hawes is gone)

or

Horford/Law (if Horford can play center)

If you get a chance Sothron, could you ask your sources if they think that Horford could play center for us on a regular basis? I mean hes what we havnt had. A potential threat in the post, a nice defender and he can rebound the ball. The kid is capable of giving us 12 and 10 a night imo.

Imagine this lineup at some point next season:

Acie Law IV

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Al Horford

Its a young lineup but with those 2 rookies you are bringing 7 years college experience to the table (law 4 years, horford 3). Billy Knight/Mike Woodson and the rest of the regime cant afford to wait on players like Crittenton and Wright imo.

Thanks

DC

• Premium Member

They (sources) mentioned that Horford and Wright were being seriously considered at #3 but they did not specify positions. I am spitballing here but there's no way Wright can play center at the NBA level. But if Horford really is 6'10" then I can see them drafting him to play center/power forward. Horford has a toughness about him that Wright and Yi just don't have.