• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi May Not be a Hawk at 3...

TexasPete

The rumors are that Golden State really covets Yi and are dangling J-Rich/16 to try to get Yi. They appear to believe Yi can be had at 4 because they are talking with the Grizzlies. They are also talking to Boston.

Yi is 100% their target and they aren't talking to us. What does that tell you? Maybe their intel is we aren't really interested in Yi. Because if we were the team standing in the way they would be talking to us.

I'm going to say it again. Logic and BK are two different things. We all think its Yi and certainly not Wright. BK may have different ideas.

Quote:

The rumors are that Golden State really covets Yi and are dangling J-Rich/16 to try to get Yi. They appear to believe Yi can be had at 4 because they are talking with the Grizzlies. They are also talking to Boston.

Yi is 100% their target and they aren't talking to us. What does that tell you? Maybe their intel is we aren't really interested in Yi. Because if we were the team standing in the way they would be talking to us.

I'm going to say it again. Logic and BK are two different things. We all think its Yi and certainly not Wright. BK may have different ideas.

if you are a Mike Conley at a little better value kind of guy that is. the Hawks trade with Boston who takes Horford. the Grizz trade their pick to GS who takes Yi. the Hawks get some value out of Boston and get Conley lower.

If GS thinks we're trading out of the #3 - I could see the rumored #3 for CV/#6 to go down. If Bucks move up to #3, they want Horford. Maybe GS gets the #4 or #5 pick for Yi. We would be almost assured that Conley is still there at #6. Then we have CV (who has value) to put in a deal, or even keep.

• Premium Member

Guys, Knight wanted one person out of any deal with GS back when we had the Harringon sweepstakes: Biedrins. He is the ideal tall, lean extremely athletic center that would complete this team and GS flat-out refuses to trade him.

I am positive that if GS called Atlanta to try and get #3 that the first name, the FIRST NAME out of Knight's mouth would have been Biedrins. And that would to all extent and purposes have ended that conversation.

Quote:

Guys, Knight wanted one person out of any deal with GS back when we had the Harringon sweepstakes: Biedrins. He is the ideal tall, lean extremely athletic center that would complete this team and GS flat-out refuses to trade him.

I am positive that if GS called Atlanta to try and get #3 that the first name, the FIRST NAME out of Knight's mouth would have been Biedrins. And that would to all extent and purposes have ended that conversation.

If Atlanta trades out of the 3 spot it could be to a team that wants Yi, like Boston for instance. that 3 pick doesn't necessarily have to be Horford. of course Boston would only do that move if the Hawks had another partner lined up and were committed to not drafting Conley at 3 no matter what.

Quote:

JRich wouldn't it here anyway because of his contract and JJ.

Exactly. You cannot have your two max contracts going to two wings.... unless those 2 wings are named Jordan & Pippen.

Richards and JJ

Neither of those combos are Jordan / Pippen like.

• Premium Member

Or Boston or Memphis...

I think GS can use them as their puppet to get Yi.

Imagine..

Atlanta gives up #3/Lo/Smoove/Speedy to Memphis for Gasol.

Memphis gives up #3/Filler to GS for JRich/#14..

Look at the guys Memphis got for Gasol:

JRich, Smoove, #14... and they still have #4 which will be Horford.

I'd be scared of a team with JRich, Gay, Smoove, and Horford... 14 would probably be Law or Crittendon.

Quote:

We should not give up Smoove and the #3 pick for Gasol under any circumstances, IMO. They are already the clear winners of the trade if we do that.

Diesel is just being a jerk.

anything that puts the Hawks closer to Conley is counter productive to him. he may be right, he may be wrong.

we shall see.

Quote:

Quote:

JRich wouldn't it here anyway because of his contract and JJ.

Exactly. You cannot have your two max contracts going to two wings.... unless those 2 wings are named Jordan & Pippen.

Richards and JJ

Neither of those combos are Jordan / Pippen like.

Agreed. Besides, JRich plays the same position as JJ.

• Premium Member

I guess that makes about half maybe 75% of the board Jerks.

Let me say it, you can take a photo and save it for a rainy day...

IF WE DRAFT MIKE CONLEY JR AT #3, WE HAVE MADE A BIGGER MISTAKE THAN TAKING MARVIN WILLIAMS AT #2.

-Diesel. June, 2007.

Quote:

I guess that makes about half maybe 75% of the board Jerks.

Let me say it, you can take a photo and save it for a rainy day...

IF WE DRAFT MIKE CONLEY JR AT #3, WE HAVE MADE A BIGGER MISTAKE THAN TAKING MARVIN WILLIAMS AT #2.

-Diesel. June, 2007.

if the Hawks draft another SF at #3 they will have made a bigger mistake than Marvin at 2 AND Conley at 3 combined!

I don't have to use the caps as I don't feel the need to talk over people.

there are plenty of teams willing to move in the 3 to 6 range. trade the pick.

Quote:

Or they talked to us, think BK was being unreasonable with his trade offers, and now are looking for possible draft night trades if we pass on Yi?

Yeah and it may have happened before with BK's demands! Rumor has it that Qwest Communications received the fastest hung up phone call in their history when pritchard asked him about the number 3 pick. LOL!

cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

We should not give up Smoove and the #3 pick for Gasol under any circumstances, IMO. They are already the clear winners of the trade if we do that.

Diesel is just being a jerk.

anything that puts the Hawks closer to Conley is counter productive to him. he may be right, he may be wrong.

we shall see.

I am in disbelief that he made a trade suggestion without including Marvin. Must of been an oversight on his part.