• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Was the Right Pick jus at the Wrong Time!!

LastDon

I was one of the MAIN people that thought it really sucked when we picked Marvin over Paul and Deron and it really did SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, In hindsight I'm so GLAD we picked Marvin Williams because I think we are so much better with Marvin,Law,Shelden,Horford with JJ,Smooth,Chills, instead of a nucleus of Paul/Deron JJ,Al Harrington, Smooth, Chills.

Keep in mind that Sheldon, Horford, Law are the guys that we added to our team because of the lack of production we received from Marvin Williams. Marvin has caused this franchise alot of grieve but the talent that we have stock piled because of his shortcomings is amazing. I'm really looking forward to this season!!!!! I think this is our year guys!!!!!!!!

Some will argue that the previously mentioned team with Paul or Deron is a playoff team and I would agree. But I'm glad we picked Marvin instead because it allowed us to rid ourselves of Al Harrington. In Al's defense, he is one of the better post players in the game but all of that is lost because of how horrible he is on defense and playing team ball.

Lastly, I'm just a BIG fan of ACIE LAW!!!! I think he is a special player that's going to do similar things as Paul and Deron.(If Woodson doesn't screw his Minutes up for AJ and Lue!!!). And even if he is not as productive as Paul or Deron we still got Al Horford out of the deal which more than makes up for it.

So Guys Be thankful for Marvin Williams because his lack of play has changed the future of a horrible team from GLOOMY TO BRIGHT!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU MARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually a good point. If we picked Deron, he would have improved the team immediately. There would be no Shelden, Law, and certainly no Horford. We would have the non-union Mexican equivalents (simpsons joke).

This is a good case study on how to rebuild a team, although it was probably unintentional. With your first few high draft picks (after you gut the franchise), pick the high schoolers or freshman that will take a while to blossom. That way you will still suck for awhile. Then when you're ready to turn the corner, draft the best NBA-ready talent you can.

Unwittingly we have done exactly that. Now I would have been really impressed if BK was thinking this 4-5 years ago.

Marvin averaged 13 and 5 as a 20 year old in the NBA...in what way is that a disappointment???

It's ridiculous to think that way. People expected way to much from him in only his 2nd season. I think he had a very strong 2nd season...he showed marked improvement across the board...he has a ways to go but, i'm confident he'll get there.

If he stays healthy I think he'll average 17 and 7 this year!! Big breakout year for Marvin!

I think that the final factor will be whether or not we get anywhere near the production from Acie Law like Utah and New Orleans are getting from Deron and Paul...

Maybe BK knew that if there ever was a big man draft that you could get you a descent point guard in the latter stages of the lottery..... Naw BK isn't that smart but I do think we got extremely lucky!!!!!!

The lottery order of this years draft also help us tremendously!!!! We dodge a bullet in Greg Oden and was lucky enough to not have to deal with the Kevin Durant delimma, since we all ready had a stock pile of 3/4 guys. We were lucky enough to get the Next best post player in the draft in Horford which filled a team need!!!!!!

The future is very bright for Hawks fans!!!!!!!!!

the opportunity he was handed this season. I'm not disapointed in the point production but more so in his low shooting percentage and rebounding. I also think that his getting to the line at a high clip in the summer league didn't translate into the season which was also disappointing. He was also non existent in almost every critical situation in most games.

Personally, I think his failures last season are more of a reflection of Woody than Marvin because our offensive sets relegated him to being a spot up shooter and I think he has more to offer us than jus that.

I like Marvin but the Point I was Making is that shouldn't anyone hate Marvin because Marvin Not being great early on in his career has help improve the team tremendously.

HOWEVER,WE HAVE ENOUGH TALENT NOW....MARVIN IS GOING INTO HIS 3RD SEASON... AND NOW ITS TIME HE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS PERFORMANCE OR BE BENCHED!!!!!

NO MORE HANDOUTS MARVIN WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

I think that the final factor will be whether or not we get anywhere near the production from Acie Law like Utah and New Orleans are getting from Deron and Paul...

Maybe BK knew that if there ever was a big man draft that you could get you a descent point guard in the latter stages of the lottery..... Naw BK isn't that smart but I do think we got extremely lucky!!!!!!

The lottery order of this years draft also help us tremendously!!!! We dodge a bullet in Greg Oden and was lucky enough to not have to deal with the Kevin Durant delimma, since we all ready had a stock pile of 3/4 guys. We were lucky enough to get the Next best post player in the draft in Horford which filled a team need!!!!!!

The future is very bright for Hawks fans!!!!!!!!!

I think you need to use more exclamation points in your posts. i counted only 25 in this post....weak.

• Premium Member

Wow DON?

I guess enron ought to be congratulated. Without them stealing money from workers, the work force wouldn't be filled with 70 year old people trying to make up for what was lost!!!

I guess dog lovers ought to thank Micheal Vick too. Without him torturing dogs, there would be nobody to bring attention to how dogs are treated.

I guess some others are:

Casket Makers: Osami Bin Laden.

Bruno Mali: OJ Simpson.

Drs treating Gulf War Syndrome: George W. Bush

Wow...

That logics is it.

I guess you can't really evaluate the means and the ends too well huh?

Quote:

I was one of the MAIN people that thought it really sucked when we picked Marvin over Paul and Deron and it really did SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, In hindsight I'm so GLAD we picked Marvin Williams because I think we are so much better with Marvin,Law,Shelden,Horford with JJ,Smooth,Chills, instead of a nucleus of Paul/Deron JJ,Al Harrington, Smooth, Chills.

Keep in mind that Sheldon, Horford, Law are the guys that we added to our team because of the lack of production we received from Marvin Williams. Marvin has caused this franchise alot of grieve but the talent that we have stock piled because of his shortcomings is amazing. I'm really looking forward to this season!!!!! I think this is our year guys!!!!!!!!

Some will argue that the previously mentioned team with Paul or Deron is a playoff team and I would agree. But I'm glad we picked Marvin instead because it allowed us to rid ourselves of Al Harrington. In Al's defense, he is one of the better post players in the game but all of that is lost because of how horrible he is on defense and playing team ball.

Lastly, I'm just a BIG fan of ACIE LAW!!!! I think he is a special player that's going to do similar things as Paul and Deron.(If Woodson doesn't screw his Minutes up for AJ and Lue!!!). And even if he is not as productive as Paul or Deron we still got Al Horford out of the deal which more than makes up for it.

So Guys Be thankful for Marvin Williams because his lack of play has changed the future of a horrible team from GLOOMY TO BRIGHT!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU MARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if thinking like this allows you to sleep at night . . . otherwise it is a very twisted illogical view of things.

with Al Harrington instead of what we have now? Would Chills still get Minutes? Would Smooth be as productive with Harrington still on the team? Is Paul or Deron/Lue that much of a upgrade over Speedy/Law/Lue.

Did you not notice how Al Harrington Production has dipped since leaving Atlanta(The only team in the league that would ever dream of letting him hoist that many of those ridiculous shots) even when playing for a coach that cares little about defense? Do you think that Marvin won't at least be as good as Al Harrington? I think Marvin's better now!!!! Al Harrington sucks he would have killed all our young players development and we still would be losing..

So Yes Marvin Williams failures has help this franchise tremendously!!!

• Premium Member

You know what, I'd still rather have the twin towers and 3000 soldiers alive.. even if it means there was no upturn in the Bush economy (from the bottom)?

And I guess I would also have liked to seen the Hawks winning and competitive with Paul and JJ in the backcourt or DW and JJ in the backcourt than to see us suffer with this anchor around our neck.

Sometime ago, I wrote a landmark post that should be a thesis called "The Welfare mentality"... I think you ought to read it!