• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do we do about Joe Johnson???

BHayley

This is kind of what I presumed and why I have suggested that Joe is not being much of a leader. This supports that. I feel his pain but this is not how a champion reacts. The other players all feed off of him. Suck it up and play. Much easier to whine and hoist up set shot, fading 3's, I guess. Very disappointing all the way around.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, look who's complaining now...

Quote:

Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Redd warned from Day 1 of training camp that, after enjoying the kind of success he did last summer with Team USA, his tolerance level was going to be low this season.

And Redd admitted, after the Bucks' record fell 2-4 in a 113-88 blowout loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday night at the AT&T Center, that his patience was wearing thin already.

"I hate it," Redd said after a game in which the Bucks trailed by as many as 40 points in the third quarter. "I'm not happy at all. This is not good. I'm not going to settle for 30-point loss against San Antonio. And we lost against Houston. I'm not happy.

"I know it's early in the season and I know we have an opportunity to get it right but I don't want to settle for losing. I'm not content with losing. We had a good camp. Now we have to translate it into the season. I'm sticking true to my word. My tolerance level is low and I want to win."

...and Redd has shot just as poorly as JJ this season.

It's still early...

Quote:

Quote:

Let's hope Sothron or someone knows of what BK is doing right now, and hopefully we are pursuing some PG help as well as a trade to help clear the forwarad glut and get a legit star here to help out Joe and the surging and impressive Marvin Williams

They told Joe after the season/predraft over the summer they were bringing in someone like a Gasol or Amare and he believed it. After the Suns and Grizz both decided to keep those two our FO did not feel there was anyone out there worth getting that was worth the loss of trading young talent.

Joe is still upset over that and he still wants them to bring in some other quality vets. They have told him he knew what he was signing into and now he is, well, pouting is how it was described to me. The FO is willing to blow this season on yet another year of development for rookies and young guys and Joe wants them to trade some of this young talent for established guys.

That is why you are seeing Joe pouting or playing uninterested so far this year. At least going by my sources. Josh Smith is pissed they didn't extend him and now he is basically out there trying to play his own game to get better stats for his next deal. Chill seems to believe he's gone as a FA as well. Our FO is not showing a commitment to the team as they promised they would do and the players, from what I have heard, are already wondering if they are just playing here as rentals until their rookie deals expire.

This post was typed by Mrs. Sothron for her ailing husband.

Thank you Mrs.Sothron.

Lack of professionalism up and down the entire organization.

• Premium Member

Mrs. Sothron here again: thanks for the kind words. We are still waiting for a final insurance payment and he's slowly healing from a torn labrum. He asked me to come post here to keep you guys informed and to let you all know what's going on with him *us actually*.

• Premium Member

Quote:

When JJ looks at the roster and doesn't see one productive vet it has to be frustrating.

Marvin Looks like a productive vet to me. In fact more productive than Joe at this point. Joe better worry about Joe's production. Joe was the reason we lost that game to the Wizards. I'm kinda tired of this board's protection of certain players. Before If you criticized Smith, posters came down hard on you. Now that it is painfully obvious to squawkers that the criticisms are well deserved, it O.K. Now Joe has now been anointed an untouchable to replace Smith. But let me tell you this, everybody wants to blame his poor play on the lack of a productive veteran. or no point guard, or no offensive system, or T. Lue or the rain! But facts are facts...Joe is getting wide open shots and missing them. Joe is not getting to the free throw line. Joe is not playing great defense. All of those are facts that has nothing to do with anybody else but Joe Johnson! saythat.gif

Quote:

Quote:

When JJ looks at the roster and doesn't see one productive vet it has to be frustrating.

Marvin Looks like a productive vet to me. In fact more productive than Joe at this point. Joe better worry about Joe's production. Joe was the reason we lost that game to the Wizards. I'm kinda tired of this board's protection of certain players. Before If you criticized Smith, posters came down hard on you. Now that it is painfully obvious to squawkers that the criticisms are well deserved, it O.K. Now Joe has now been anointed an untouchable to replace Smith. But let me tell you this, everybody wants to blame his poor play on the lack of a productive veteran. or no point guard, or no offensive system, or T. Lue or the rain! But facts are facts...Joe is getting wide open shots and missing them. Joe is not getting to the free throw line. Joe is not playing great defense. All of those are facts that has nothing to do with anybody else but Joe Johnson! saythat.gif

Wow PB...I never thought we could get together after the Bradley kid versus Shelden debate. But you got it dead on here.

Quote:

Marvin Looks like a productive vet to me. In fact more productive than Joe at this point. Joe better worry about Joe's production. Joe was the reason we lost that game to the Wizards. I'm kinda tired of this board's protection of certain players. Before If you criticized Smith, posters came down hard on you. Now that it is painfully obvious to squawkers that the criticisms are well deserved, it O.K. Now Joe has now been anointed an untouchable to replace Smith. But let me tell you this, everybody wants to blame his poor play on the lack of a productive veteran. or no point guard, or no offensive system, or T. Lue or the rain! But facts are facts...Joe is getting wide open shots and missing them. Joe is not getting to the free throw line. Joe is not playing great defense. All of those are facts that has nothing to do with anybody else but Joe Johnson!
saythat.gif

Careful PB, there's probably somebody lurking in the bushes to take you down for "bashing" players.

LOL . . I was just about to post how Redd is shooting 41% himself.

Bosh at 42% . . very low for him.

Vince at 39%.

Kidd at 35%.

Grant Hill at 36%.

J-Rich at 36%.

Arenas at 35%.

Gordon at 35%.

Hinrich at 32%.

That's a pretty good list of players. And you'd have to assume that every single one of these guys will pick up the pace shooting wise, as the season progresses. LOL . . maybe they need to go back to the "new" ball.

LOL . . meanwhile, JT is shooting 57% and 54% from three . and Al Harrington is shooting 57% as well.

JJ complaining about not having any help, is pretty much normal for a star player who is in a losing situation. Paul Pierce did exactly that, before Ainge pulled the trigger to bring 2 all-star caliber players to help him out. And we all know about Kobe.

I'm much more worried about other people and their shooting on this team, than JJ's. Good shooters like him usually don't stay in a slump for long. But it would be nice for us to get the old JJ back for a while. If he gets back to his old self, we won't lose much this year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Careful PB, there's probably somebody lurking in the bushes to take you down for "bashing" players.

I stood by all summer long read all of those post bashing Marvin Williams. People were bring up Per and all that nonsense. And when you pointed out that Marvin had a broken hand last year and it affected his play, the board was like that had nothing to do with his play he is just average and needs to be traded. Marvin then does well in pre-season but board was still like that is just pre-season. Then I started noticing a trend in pre-season wit Joe and Smith. Smith was shooting a low percentage and Joe was taking a lot of Jumpers and missing but board response was its only pre-season. Then the regular season came and nothing changed from pre-season and the board was blaming everyone else but Joe and Smith. I still feel that half the board is just waiting in the weeds for one bad game from Williams. Anyway, Bottom line is Joe needs to find his game and then worry about complaining about his supporting cast!

I am mostly a lurker here, as I rarely get to see any games (maybe I will get the League Pass if the Hawks ever really turn things around), but as someone who has always valued real highly Sothron's contributions to the information here on this forum, I wanted to express my thanks to both Sothron and Mrs. Sothron for communicating this (troubling, but making sense) information to this forum.

That and I want to contribute my thoughts and energies for healing for both of you to recover fully and quickly from your accident-caused injuries. smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I stood by all summer long read all of those post bashing Marvin Williams. People were bring up Per and all that nonsense. And when you pointed out that Marvin had a broken hand last year and it affected his play, the board was like that had nothing to do with his play he is just average and needs to be traded. Marvin then does well in pre-season but board was still like that is just pre-season. Then I started noticing a trend in pre-season wit Joe and Smith. Smith was shooting a low percentage and Joe was taking a lot of Jumpers and missing but board response was its only pre-season. Then the regular season came and nothing changed from pre-season and the board was blaming everyone else but Joe and Smith. I still feel that half the board is just waiting in the weeds for one bad game from Williams. Anyway, Bottom line is Joe needs to find his game and then worry about complaining about his supporting cast!

Marvin's PER so far is 20.62. It would be fan-freaking-tastic if he could keep that up all year!

Quote:

JJ complaining about not having any help, is pretty much normal for a star player who is in a losing situation. Paul Pierce did exactly that, before Ainge pulled the trigger to bring 2 all-star caliber players to help him out. And we all know about Kobe.

Joe does not fit in with the players you have mentioned. Why don't you find a list of overpaid guys that haven't lead their teams to the playoffs? That would be a more accurate list to put Joe on. It's one thing for Pierce to complain after years of being competitive and seeing it fall apart. It's another for Joe to act like he's already done enough. How many Finals has Joe led us to? Paul Pierce has done that for them. He's not a "star" and we should not treat him as such. He does not have a marketable personality and seems content to let things happen. True "stars" take the action to people every night. Does Joe? How exactly is he a star? Because we are lucky enough to still have a franchise? Because we are in the NBA, he is a star? I play at the courts. No one, and I mean no one, ever mentions Joe Johnson. That's in the ATL, too. People talk about the real "stars" all the time. He ain't one of them, though. Joe is very good professional player. He has size and he can shoot. He's just not a "star" or a "leader". He's not lying, he needs help.