• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight needs to be fired ASAP.

Packfill

Quote:

Yep. Continue to try and diminish what Billy has done here.

He's done such a horrible job that the next GM will inherit and keep the talent he has put into place.

How do you not understand the fallacy of this quote? Yes, BK drafted KEEPABLE players in the top 5, does that mean he made the right decisions in the draft? NO. Sam Bowie was a keepable player, does that mean he was a good draft decision? Darko Milicic is a keepable player for a team, does that mean he was a good draft decision?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Everyone makes mistakes in whatever job/life.

It's what you are willing to do to make up for those mistake is what makes you a better person.

BK has shown us he will do what it takes to makeup for his mistakes

* Fire Woody

* Trading for Jose Calderon/ trade for Bibby

* Getting rid of S-Williams/bring in Big AL

Now what have YOUR BELOVED OWNERS HAVE DONE?

* Double the Ticket prices for next year. The Falcons' owner has done the opposite.

* Keep Woody on Board

* Block a trade that would have brought us a DAMN GOOD PG (Calderon)
slap1.gif

but hey, you guys are right BK is the biggest problem we have. lol

Are you sh!tting me? You know he traded a high second and a trade exception for Anthony Freaking Johnson for a push to the playoffs. Then what happens, they fail miserably and lucks out to select Al Horford. Not only that we luck out even more and select another lottery pick and we still have the same problems as before. Knight isn't totally responsible but my goodness look at collective record. How can you defend that. By the way Law has virtually no impact you would think a 4 year player would. It's our luck that the Pacers are now able to select a player that would undoubtly help the Hawks get over the hump.

To compound matters worst we have no pick with a plethora of talented big men that would undoubtly start from day one.

Quote:

I absolutely do see the core of a championship team in place right now. This team has great athletes and skillful, team oriented players that make up the core of this team. When they get a coach that can improve their play on the defensive end, the team as a whole will rise up to the challenge and make a push for a championship.

I don't see it. The team is undersized, and lacks shooters. It will take more than a coach to make this team a championship contender.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

I absolutely do see the core of a championship team in place right now. This team has great athletes and skillful, team oriented players that make up the core of this team. When they get a coach that can improve their play on the defensive end, the team as a whole will rise up to the challenge and make a push for a championship.

I don't see it. The team is undersized, and lacks shooters. It will take more than a coach to make this team a championship contender.

And it lacks talent. Nobody wants to talk about it but it SERIOUSLY lacks talent. The top ten team's top two player's Roland Ratings DOUBLE those of the Hawk's top two players. You canNOT win in the NBA like that!

W

BK has talent because the Hawks have been awful. . Any GM that drafts in the top 6 four years in a row should at least accidentally acquire some talent. . Even saying that it doesn't take a basketball guru to see that every single draft pick outside of Horford and Smooth were questionable.In fact some of them(Marvin over Paul, Sheldon over Roy) have been outright blunders.. BK has not drafted any better than the average fan on this board could have drafted, and that is a sad fact..

Quote:

Quote:

It's what you are willing to do to make up for those mistake is what makes you a better person.

* Fire Woody

* Double the Ticket prices for next year. The Falcons' owner has done the opposite.

* Keep Woody on Board

slap1.gif

Are you sh!tting me? You know he traded a high second and a trade exception for Anthony Freaking Johnson for a push to the playoffs. Then what happens, they fail miserably and lucks out to select Al Horford. Not only that we luck out even more and select another lottery pick and we still have the same problems as before. Knight isn't totally responsible but my goodness look at collective record. How can you defend that. By the way Law has virtually no impact you would think a 4 year player would. It's our luck that the Pacers are now able to select a player that would undoubtly help the Hawks get over the hump.

To compound matters worst we have no pick with a plethora of talented big men that would undoubtly start from day one.

Watch the games. Who's really responsible for lack of production from AJ last season and Law this season?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

* Fire Woody

* Keep Woody on Board

slap1.gif

Are you sh!tting me? You know he traded a high second and a trade exception for Anthony Freaking Johnson for a push to the playoffs.

If I can recall, I thought we traded for Anthony Johnson because Lue was injured and would miss the rest of the season and Speedy was injured and would miss the rest of the season? We brought AJ in as an emergency fix. Moreover, What exactly happened to that second round pick?? The only name that pops up that could have made a difference is Glen Davis and Fasenko. Still, I believe that AJ has contributed more towards the wins we have now that those guys would have... AND... AJ is part responsible for us having Bibby! Moreover, that trade exception was about to expire and we would have lost it for nothing!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Billy probably isn't going to be the GM after this season, but you guys typically overstate things in your hatred for anything associated with Billy Knight.

Question. When Atlanta gets a new GM, do you think that GM is going to come in and blow everything up by getting rid of everyone Billy Knight brought in?

If you answer truthfully, you will see the answer is no. In fact, the talent Billy has put into place is the reason fans are disappointed with this season and the reason there are guys out there chomping at the bit to get an opportunity to coach this team. The fact is, Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Josh Childress, and Acie Law are the primary reasons guys like Larry Brown are interested in taking this job.

If Billy is so terrible and so inept as a GM, then how in the hell has he put together a talented young team that one of the best coaches in NBA history wants to come in and coach?

Just as I expected though when Billy took the job. Billy did all the hard work. He's the GM that has been forced to suffer through the losing to build the team the right way. A new GM will come in, inherit what Billy has put into place, and will win with what Billy has put into place. In typical fan and media reaction though, Billy will get no credit for what he has done. All the credit will go to the new GM, despite the fact that the core of the team was put into place by Billy Knight. This happened in Memphis, and it will happen here.

But you guys are going to get your wish. Billy is probably not going to be the GM of this team after June 30th, if not sooner. I fully anticipate all of you talking about how much better whoever the Hawks hire is than Billy Knight, and I fully anticipate you giving that person all the credit when he makes a minor tweak or two to the roster.

In the world of "I want it now" BK made a mistake of completley tearing this team down and starting from scratch. It does not take 5 years to rebuild a team. If and hindsight is 20/20 we had drafted Chris Paul who wanted to come here, then things would have been different. We have not drafted any "Impact" players with the exception of Horford who fell in our lap.

Is he kidding me? Is he serious to think that all of us wanted Marvin with the 2nd pick?

There's not a single post of mine that I can recall that stated that I wanted Marvin, Shelden, or Childress prior to the draft. NOT ONE. I've been screaming from the hilltops for BK to draft Deng, Paul, and Roy (check the records) and have railed against his lotto picks from jump street (Horford being the exception). I even went as far as to give credit to Shelden when he started out his rookie year actually contributing something; it was short-lived but I did my best to live with it although I knew Roy was lightyears better (and still is).

To me, those three I mentioned were the most talented in the draft and when you have a team that's miles short on talent, you get as much as you can, especially when that player meets a need at the same time. Even if they don't fit a need, you have trade equity on the ready that can help you land a piece that does (you'd rather have Shelden or Roy right now?).

Ask yourself these simple questions...

Would this team be 24-35 if Paul was here? How about Deng or Iguodala? What about both? If you answered 'no' to those questions, BK, and Woodson for that matters, merit termination. Its as simple as that.

I've said it a million times on this board (check the records for yourself); if you're drafting a guy at 2, especially after a 13-69 campaign, you'd BETTER get a franchise changer with the pick or a borderline All-Star at worst. Is there anyone on this board who can honestly look at Marvin right now and say that he's either? Marvin is a middle-tier forward with an upside, nothing more. His upside doesn't say borderline All-Star or franchise changer, either; he has all the makings of a career 16/6 guy. That's good, but you need more of the 22/8 numbers from his 'upside' to warrant drafting him over Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

BK ultimate failure, along with bringing in the wrong coach, is his inability to cash in on not one, not two, but three high-lottery picks in the draft. That's like getting $150k from your parents to move out of their house, spending it all on a Corolla, a stereo system, and clothes, then wondering why they're so pissed at you afterwards. That explains why he's such a pariah in this town and is joked about endlessly by (insert NBA expert/columnist here) on ESPN. That's probably why the ASG has all but given up on him.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

• Premium Member

Quote:

BK ultimate failure, along with bringing in the wrong coach, is his inability to cash in on not one, not two, but
three high-lottery picks in the draft
. That's like getting $150k from your parents to move out of their house, spending it all on a Corolla, a stereo system, and clothes, then wondering why they're so pissed at you afterwards. That explains why he's such a pariah in this town and is joked about endlessly by (insert NBA expert/columnist here) on ESPN. That's probably why the ASG has all but given up on him.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

Marvin, Shelden, Chilldress, Woodson, Speedy, no free agents 24-35 in his fifth year... FIFTH YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who thinks we will change coaches and instantly become a 500 team is kidding themselves massively. I love how Philadelphia already has a better record than us a year after beginning their post AI rebuilding, and yet Billy King has no job while Billy Knight laughs it up in his mansion neck deep in his Jacuzzi every evening while us fans have to watch our absolute joke/disaster/embarrassment of a team.

And people defend him for what reason??? Because the owners hand cuffed him in an alleged trade for Calderon??? Cut me a freaking BRAKE! He wasted a 2 overall pick on a sub par ROLE PLAYER who in three years has shown flashes of becoming a decent starter... he wasted a 5th round pick on a CAREER 12th man, he hired Woodson! the worst coach in the NBA's freaking HISTORY, he BUILT OUR TEAM AND CHOSE OUR COACH... they are both abysmal!

Get real... If Billy Knight's bosses weren't even more of total incompetent dimwits that he is he would have been gone long, long ago.

And then people defend him for what he did in Memphis?? WHAT THE HELL DID MEMPHIS EVER DO? make the playoffs twice to get swept (two years after Billy Knight left no less)... and that's his claim to fame???

Everyone defending him needs to reevaluate their standards