• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Belkin Poll

TroyMcClure

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted not so much 'for' the ASG but against Belkin. Back when I lived in Atlanta I worked at Starbucks, and one of my coworker's best friends had a job in the Hawks front office. His buddy stopped by pretty regularly and one of the things he'd always mention is how much everyone, and I mean everyone, hated Steve Belkin. When he got forced out, they all celebrated. It's impossible to get along with everyone, but when you can't get along with anyone? I can't see that being an improvement for the franchise.

Has it crossed your mind that all of those people that dislike him will be unemployed if and when he gains control of the team? That pretty much fixes the problem. Truth be told, there are probably only a small handful of people in the organization that deserve to be retained. I'm talking all the way down to the ushers. We need new blood. Anything that comes from this group is destined to be shortsighted and an abject failure.

Quote:

Belkin will not improve this team.

Its replacing a bad situation with something much much worse.

All direct evidence supports the opposite opinion. We simply couldn't be less signifigant as an franchise.

Steve Belkin could be the devil himself(not that there is one) and i would welcome it. We need change. Even if Belkin simply wants to sell the team. That's an option, I would assume. Do you want indefinite ASG run teams? These are your options. Be real.

If you want the team to be run at the lowest possible payroll and on the cheap, then go ahead and support Steve Belkin. Steve Belkin will not bring success to the Hawks. The Hawks have a much better chance of being successful with ASG because at least Gearon is a fan of the Hawks. Steve Belkin has no interest in the Hawks. His only interest is joining the club of NBA owners.

Quote:

I voted not so much 'for' the ASG but against Belkin. Back when I lived in Atlanta I worked at Starbucks, and one of my coworker's best friends had a job in the Hawks front office. His buddy stopped by pretty regularly and one of the things he'd always mention is how much everyone, and I mean everyone, hated Steve Belkin. When he got forced out, they all celebrated. It's impossible to get along with everyone, but when you can't get along with anyone? I can't see that being an improvement for the franchise.

Sounds like Bobby Petrino

Quote:

Has it crossed your mind that all of those people that dislike him will be unemployed if and when he gains control of the team? That pretty much fixes the problem. Truth be told, there are probably only a small handful of people in the organization that deserve to be retained. I'm talking all the way down to the ushers. We need new blood. Anything that comes from this group is destined to be shortsighted and an abject failure.

Yeah, I did consider that, TMC, but I disagree that firing everyone who dislikes you, when everyone dislikes you, is a viable solution. The problem isn't with the people who can't get along with Belkin, the problem is that Belkin can't get along with other people, and that's not something that you can fix just by letting go of the malcontents. Even if Belkin hired new people, I get the sense that it would only be a matter of time before he alienated them as well.

We've all had our share of lousy bosses and great bosses, and the biggest problem with the lousy boss, from an organizational/franchise standpoint, is that they never get the most out of people. Now, that's one thing when the people that work for you are dime a dozen college students slingin' coffee at the local Starbucks (although it's still not a good thing). But a great general managers and coaches aren't dime a dozen resources; they are hard to find and even harder to keep if everyone the owner meets instinctively comes to the conclusion that the guy's a grade A douchebag.

Again, this isn't an endorsement of the ASG or anything they've done to this point. They're by far the worst ownership group in Atlanta, especially now that AOLTW doesn't own the Braves anymore. If I were giving them grades, they got straight F's, failed out of college, got a job as a night clerk at QT, moved into their boozehound divorcee mother's basement and spent the rest of their lives smoking cheap Mexican brick weed.

I can't stand the ASG. I just don't think Belkin could do better.

The ASG is so incompetant that Belkin could do no worse. What can be worse than employing a coach when the entire universe is aware that he sucks and is not up to the job.

My question is this: Why does Woodson deserve to continue as our coach when the evidence against him is so damning?

Gearon hangs onto Woodson at all costs. His dedication to Woodson is a huge reason why the ASG have no more credibility. I knew in Woodsons first year that he was wrong. He made mistakes that good coaches don't make. The ASG said youth was why we were losing not Woodson. Then, we got banged up and it was the injuries. Then, it was that Woody never had a PG. So, what is it now? Why does this team suck so bad?

1. We arent that young anymore

2. We have had great health all year

3. We have a PG (though he can't guard a door)

Why does Woodson still lose? Answer: Because he sucks and the players and fans know he sucks. So why does Gearon still employ him?

Anyone who supports Gearon and Co. don't have a lick of sense.

Totally wrong AtlaS....no offence but Belkin is the only "basketball man" in this crew. We would be MUCH better off with Belkin as our (sole) owner. BK would be fired - Woody would be fired.

and by the way - I am so sick and flocking tired of people saying that Belkin was flocking up the JJ trade - - - he WASN"T...all he was doing was protecting assets. If Belkin had his way we would still have Joe "30 wins" Johnson and we would have our 1st round draft pick this year.

Quote:

The ASG is so incompetant that Belkin could do no worse. What can be worse than employing a coach when the entire universe is aware that he sucks and is not up to the job.

My question is this: Why does Woodson deserve to continue as our coach when the evidence against him is so damning?

Gearon hangs onto Woodson at all costs. His dedication to Woodson is a huge reason why the ASG have no more credibility. I knew in Woodsons first year that he was wrong. He made mistakes that good coaches don't make. The ASG said youth was why we were losing not Woodson. Then, we got banged up and it was the injuries. Then, it was that Woody never had a PG. So, what is it now? Why does this team suck so bad?

1. We arent that young anymore

2. We have had great health all year

3. We have a PG (though he can't guard a door)

Why does Woodson still lose? Answer: Because he sucks and the players and fans know he sucks. So why does Gearon still employ him?

Anyone who supports Gearon and Co. don't have a lick of sense.

I agree completely with everything you have said, I wanted Woody gone 3 years ago. But just because the ATL Spirit sucks doesn't mean Belkin will make things better, he won't. It would be like trading Zaza for Brian Scalabrine. I'd rather not have either of them, but I'd rather at least have the one that "somewhat" cares about the team.

Quote:

Totally wrong AtlaS....no offence but Belkin is the only "basketball man" in this crew. We would be MUCH better off with Belkin as our (sole) owner. BK would be fired - Woody would be fired.

Belkin would hire his own POS GM and make us the Clippers East and not spend any money. We would not get better.

Quote:

and by the way - I am so sick and flocking tired of people saying that Belkin was flocking up the JJ trade - - - he WASN"T...all he was doing was protecting assets. If Belkin had his way we would still have Joe "30 wins" Johnson and we would have our 1st round draft pick this year.

I'd rather have JJ than Diaw and a mid first rounder, sorry.