• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

lets get to know eachother a bit

adrian

• Premium Member

I am 33 years old, married with 3 kids (one one the way BTW squawk! lol). I have been a hawks fan since around 1984/85.

I live in Columbus, GA and I'm a network administrator/supervisor.

...and I got chevy with a 454 in the hood...it's got 125 on the dash. J/K...

But I am the biggest boss that you seen thusfar.

(lol, I can't get that damn song out of my head)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter you are still on block for me, but when I saw the description...

I had to respond, good to hear that your surgery went well! I also hope you stay pain free, nothing worse than having to live with a nagging pain your whole life. No more block for a while. I didn't know you had a BA in philosophy, who was your main/favorite philosopher? Personally, I enjoy reading Hume because he is just such a hard guy to refute. When you get trapped into Hume's fork it really makes it a tough predicament to get out of, and if I cannot refute a guy then it means there must be something that is important to understand.

I have lived in Cincinnati for the past 5 years. I turned 50 today; actually yesterday now. Yep getting old but working really hard at not feeling that way wink.gif I am single with a son who is 25 and living in the Atlanta area.

Went back to school (finally) in 1995 and graduated from Mercer University with a BS in Human Services and a minor in Information Systems in 2000. Tried to make it financially in the mental health field after graduation; but had to change my career path again and go back into the I.T. field.

I have been working in I.T. for a total of 14 years now. Currently work for a 3rd party outsource company supporting major corporations network infrastructure. To make a long story short; I stay up all night long putting out network fires.

Started following the Hawks in Albany Ga. when I first started playing basketball at a local YMCA. Bought a book on the 100 greatest NBA players around my 8th grade year and read all about Bob Pettit. Family moved to the Atlanta area in 1974 and I started going to games as soon as I could drive to Atlanta on my own.

Of all the teams in Atlanta, I love my Hawks the most. More so than the Falcons, Braves, Thrashers, or Tech (my adopted college football team).

This is only a capsule of my life but it is some of the best parts....Go Hawks!

I'm 37, been a Hawks fan between 1982-94. I was a huge fan growing up. Sometime in 94 I disowned the Hawks and for the next ten years I had little interest. When a certain team president and G.M. were let go I jumped back on ship. With Nique able to forgive and forget and also brought back to the organization,I'm back to being a huge fan. I live in Macon.

I'm 41 years old and have been a Hawks fan since around 1981-82, so I've seen a lot of good times as well as bad. Still waiting on that ever elusive Finals appearance, but hopefully the Hawks will get there before my time on earth is done. They'd better! tongue.gif

I love in Portland, Maine with my wife Katerina of 19 years and three sons, Sam, Seth and Robert- 10 years old, 8 years old, and 7 months old respectively....and Robert is the reason I'm up at odd hours of the night like this at times- cause he can be a very fussy boy and is a light sleeper. It's alright though. I enjoy spending the time with him, and by this point of my parenthood I am very well used to a lack of sleep. My wife is expecting a fourth child coming up in June here, and we've been told that it's a boy. I was a little disheartened to hear that, for my wife's sake. I'd be happy either way, but I know that after already having three boys- she desperately wanted a girl (though she would never admit that), and is likely feeling a bit disappointed as far as that goes...though again, she would never, ever say such a thing. But, that's life I guess. So we're about to have a houseful of boys here pretty soon, enough to field a basketball team almost. wink.gif

As far as occupation, I teach 6th grade English and History and coach my school's baseball team. Doesn't pay a whole lot, but I love my job and I really wouldn't trade it for anything. It's what I've always wanted to do. My wife translates Russian documents from home, so the combination of our two incomes plus some investments we've made is what keeps our heads above water. We'll never be rich, but we're happy.

Wow, I got way off-topic there. Probably way more info than anyone needed or wanted to know. Sorry about that. I can only plead the fact that I'm really, *really* tired. Anyway, nice to 'meet' and get to know a little bit more about my fellow Hawks fans who participated in this thread (great idea for a thread btw), and Go Hawks! smile.gif

Quote:

I'm 40 and I've been a die hard Hawks fan since the days of Dan Roundfield and John Drew. Born and raised in the great Metropolis of Cornelia, GA (about 30 miles NE of Gainesville, GA).

I got a tennis scholarship to Jacksonville State University where I obtained a BS Degree in Forensic Science and an MS Degree in Criminal Justice.

I have been employed as a special agent with the same Federal agency for the past 18+ years and I currently serve as Assistant Special Agent in Charge here in the ATL.

I'm getting married to a wonderful woman next month and I can't wait!

I love the Hawks, Falcons and Dawgs (season tickets to Hawks and Falcons) and I enjoy playing golf, fishing and spending time with my family.

My son wants to be a Federal Agent (FBI?). He is a junior at University of Maryland majoring in Criminology. He speaks English/Spanish/Italian. Got a 1500 on his SAT and was a National Merit Scholarship Winner. His current GPA is about a 3.9/4.0. He's also a good athlete.

Any chance he could get some kind of internship in Atlanta this summer when he's home from school? Unpaid would be fine. Let me know here or pm me through the site. Thanks for any input.

• Moderators

33 year old; married with a baby girl and 5 year old boy. I have been a fan of the Hawks since I started watching the NBA about 23 years ago. Like many in Atlanta, I loved the Nique, Webb, Doc, etc. teams in the 80s and 90s as my first real Hawks teams. I play soccer around Atlanta and follow all the Atlanta teams; UK basketball (lived in Lexington before moving to GA); and UGA (my alma mater). Like JB, I am an attorney - but I have no ambition to be the black Ken Nugent...although that is a money making machine if you can get it.

Quote:

33 year old; married with a baby girl and 5 year old boy. I have been a fan of the Hawks since I started watching the NBA about 23 years ago. Like many in Atlanta, I loved the Nique, Webb, Doc, etc. teams in the 80s and 90s as my first real Hawks teams. I play soccer around Atlanta and follow all the Atlanta teams; UK basketball (lived in Lexington before moving to GA); and UGA (my alma mater). Like JB, I am an attorney - but I have no ambition to be the black Ken Nugent...although that is a money making machine if you can get it.

Hey "AHF", I play some soccer too. I played in an indoor adult league for a few seasons, but would like to play some outdoor. You ever go see the Silverbacks play? I hear they renovated their stadium.

Quote:

Yeah I don't have access to the police scanners that allow you to chase ambulances...lol

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Hey "AHF", I play some soccer too. I played in an indoor adult league for a few seasons, but would like to play some outdoor. You ever go see the Silverbacks play? I hear they renovated their stadium.

I haven't ever gone to see the Silverbacks play but their facility is fantastic for the adult leagues. I play there on Wednesdays, and it is very nice. (7 a side so more touches; no offsides; otherwise normal).

40 years old, married and live in Marietta for 11 years.

Originally from Little Rock, Arkansas.

Big Razorback, Hawk and Falcon fan.

Master in Applied Mathematics from UALR.

Bachelor in Mathematics Science from UA in Fayetteville.

CEO of data analysis company in Alpharetta.

Quote:

Quote:

Let's see..

I am 22 now and live in the Atlanta area--for now. I am a Senior at Emory University, but am finishing up my BBA in their Business School. I will be graduating in four weeks, and I can't wait. I am majoring in Management and Communications there. I am someone who tends to tell it like it is, which clearly gets on the nerves of many posters here. I am single (thank God) because I am surrounded by a bunch of immature-acting females. I have closely followed the Hawks for about 5 years now, but I have followed the Braves and Falcons for even longer.

WOW, My son starts there this year. He got a full scholarship to Emory. clap.gif

Full scholarship, how did he get that. My little sister want to go to Emory, she's class President and has a near 4.0 GPA. What type of scholarship is he on?

I'm 35 years old and live in Union City (but if this home loan goes through, I'll be moving to McDonough). Work as an accountant, having attended Tennessee and graduated from Georgia State (football finally!!). Been married for seven years, with three kids, including two girls, which explains the weaponry I have in storage for when they become teenagers and boys starting looking their way.

My first Hawks experience was at the Omni (Dad used to take me to Hawks and Flames games all the time) and watching Dr. J put on a show. The place was packed, the scoreboard didn't work, and the Hawks lost in the final seconds.

Was there for Eddie Johnson, Rounds, John Drew, Tree, and Steve Hawes. Was there for Nique's first game in a Hawks jersey, his last in a Hawks jersey, his first after being traded (painful), and had courtside seats for Game 6 of the '88 Celtics series (Doc was wide open behind the 3-pt line when Cliff threw up that left-handed hook; let's just move on).

Love all the Georgia teams; well, except one (UGA; as a Tennessee alum, I'd root for the Taliban before the Doggies).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Let's see..

I am 22 now and live in the Atlanta area--for now. I am a Senior at Emory University, but am finishing up my BBA in their Business School. I will be graduating in four weeks, and I can't wait. I am majoring in Management and Communications there. I am someone who tends to tell it like it is, which clearly gets on the nerves of many posters here. I am single (thank God) because I am surrounded by a bunch of immature-acting females. I have closely followed the Hawks for about 5 years now, but I have followed the Braves and Falcons for even longer.

WOW, My son starts there this year. He got a full scholarship to Emory. clap.gif

Full scholarship, how did he get that. My little sister want to go to Emory, she's class President and has a near 4.0 GPA. What type of scholarship is he on?

Sorry, i can't remember but I will call him tomorrow to get you that answer. Sorry, I'm just seeing this. I'm all rum&coked up at this moment. can't think. lol

Hate to admit but it because he is a young black male with a 4.0... He is taking College classes already and really have a 4.4 GPA.

He is student body President. He heads their Newspaper. He was just voted All- region on the track team by all the school's coaches in the region. He was invited and went to American Legion his junior year too. Its a very well known war-time veterans organization