• Raised $390 of $700 target

lets get to know eachother a bit

adrian

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

followed hawks: since about 1991-92.

story: Everyone else went for the bulls, I saw NBA Action highlights featuring Nique, so I chose to follow the Hawks. Years later, through watching some exciting, and some horrible teams wear the uniform, here we are, still following the Hawks, but this year we have something to watch in April....

Stayed through thick and thin, including little to no NBA coverage in Australia until I discovered (thank goodness) League Pass Broadband.

Hey, an Australian Hawks fan!

I'm 20, I've been a hawks fan since about '99, so right about since we started our no-playoffs streak of about 8 years. I admit I was excited when we got JR Rider, LOL! I was raised in Atlanta, and go to Georgia Tech, but I'm in Australia on exchange right now.. I thought I may have been the only Hawks fan on this continent, but glad to see there are others!

Australia! Hot bed of Hawks fans!! Great!

I know from reading Hawksquawk for years, there are future Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers

and professional fans here. There are youngsters and some middle aged fans. And then,

there is one old man from up in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Me.

My kids are as old or older than most posters. Still living in the house I was born in and

married to the same sweet girl for 47 years. Three sons and one daughter. 10 grandkids

from age 5 to 20 something. Turned 71 last summer. Still working, part time.

Fan of all the Atlanta pro teams.

40 married with 2 kids and a dog

Finishing my PhD in anthropology (defending next month- whoo hoo!)

I am working in a government agency now in Atlanta

Born and raised in Atlanta, spent almost 10 years in Connecticut in grad school and such. Also spent time in South America on research projects.

Atlanta sports fan since I was aware of sports, also grew to like Boston sports.

54 years old.

Hawks fan since moving here from Chicago in 1977.

I'm a non-profit management and fundraising consultant for large charities, hospitals, universities, etc.

Two sons in college and I can still beat their butts one-on-one!!

Age - 28

Married for nearly 3 years, with a nearly 3 year old son to match.

Will (finally) finish my Bachelor's in Accounting next year after taking entirely too much time away from school.

Lived in Athens since I was 4, moved when I was 21, essentially flew 3000 miles from one Clark county (Athens) to another Clark county (Vancouver, WA).

Hawks fan since - ~1991

Reason for attachment - thanks to the Braves miracle run, I started getting into all Atlanta sports. Except for Georgia Tech, since I'm from Athens.

I remember going to the Omni and fearing for my life when walking to/from the parking lot(s). I remember trading for Mmmmmmmmmmmoooookie Blaylock. I remember hating Grant Long one season and loving him the next. I (painfully) remember Dominique leaving.

I try to attend the Blazers/Hawks game every year, and one of these days I'm gonna bring in a huge foam corn dog with hawksquawk.net written on it. And when I fly back to Atlanta to catch a Hawks game I'm gonna be wearing a custom #24 jersey with "Marvelous" on the back - just as soon as he signs an extension...

35 years old

sales for commercial accounts for a communications company in Florida

married with no kids but several dogs, horses, cow, etc...

fan since i was a kid during the nique days..didnt watch every game religiously as i do now (although i did for the braves) but i was fan that kept up with them (used to watch the standings in the NEWSPAPER[they still make those you know])

graymule, you're up in the western n.c.? The wife and I were thinking about moving up near that way in a couple years (once our house value rises again)...we like the nature and all that but my only concern is i dont want to live on a slope...is there a good area just a tad farther east that is in the foothills that you would recommend?

I am 30 years old.

I graduate from Medical School in May.

I am doing Family Medicine at North Mississippi Medical Center starting in July.

I am getting married in June.

I graduated from Mississippi State University in 2002 with a degree in Biochemistry.

I follow the Mississippi State Bulldogs religiously and have a Bulldog Club Membership.

My favorite professional teams are the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, and Miami Dolphins.

My hobbies and leisure activities include golf, fishing, and spending quiet days with my family.

Wow I guess the first playoff birth of the millennium can unite a fan base.

26, approaching two-year anniversary with my wife, but have been with her for nearly 8 years.

Played ball in college, even played in an NBA SPL (summer pro league) in Long Beach when I got out of school. Didn't catch on, bounced around overseas for a couple years, including stints for clubs in Germany, Croatia, China and Argentina.

Living in DC with my wife now. Ball is on hold/maybe done, but I'm staying in shape just in case. Moving to London in the fall so we'll see if I can catch on there... 6'10" 245...Long-term aspirations of sports writing in some capacity.

Born and raised in Atlanta and swore blood oath to Braves, Hawks, Falcons as soon as I understood what that meant. Started reading sports section of AJC in first grade, challenging as it was at the time (it's still a challenge, but for different reasons). Used to record games until I recorded a win and then would watch it over and over again.

Loved Nique, Dale Murphy, and Deion growing up.

48 Yrs Young! Married - Live in N.E. Atlanta 20 mins away from Philips.

Moved to the ATL 3 years ago from South Florida. Been a long time Gator

fan (don't be hatin), so I was rooting for Al to get drafted by the Hawks and

when they did, I became a die-hard Hawks fan! I am originally from up North

(N.J.) and followed the Knicks back when they had Willis Reed, Bill Bradley,

Earl Monroe..then the Patrick Ewing years. I never got into the Heat, so I was

ready to get behind a new team when I got here. I've been to 15 games this

year and have quickly become a huge fan of this young, exciting team!

I'm 29 from Athens, Ga.

During a Hawks game this season I got engaged at center court during the "Home Depot Game."

Graduated from Ga. State. (We finally got a football team !) 30,000 students with no football team sucked for way too long.

Die hard UGA fan !

Die hard Atlanta sports fan. Even pull for Tech (unless they're playing UGA).

First Hawks game was in 85 or 86. Me and my pops went b/c UGA was right off their Final 4 appearance and we wanted to check out the PG that got UGA there....Vern Flemimg who played for the Pacers and the Hawks too of course. It was cool seeing two former UGA greats at my first NBA game. (Unfortunately, UGA has not had a player as good as Fleming or Nique since.)

Going to my first NBA playoff game next week ! Like all of us in Atlanta, I've been deprived of the oppurtunity for far too long.

Let's see..

I am 22 now and live in the Atlanta area--for now. I am a Senior at Emory University, but am finishing up my BBA in their Business School. I will be graduating in four weeks, and I can't wait. I am majoring in Management and Communications there. I am someone who tends to tell it like it is, which clearly gets on the nerves of many posters here. I am single (thank God) because I am surrounded by a bunch of immature-acting females. I have closely followed the Hawks for about 5 years now, but I have followed the Braves and Falcons for even longer.

Quote:

Hey, awesome, another fan in Australia! I'm guessing there'll be a few more fans after David Andersen comes over next season.. are they going to be showing the NBA games at any pubs do you think? (At 10 in the morning
smile.gif
lol)

The games might be on in some pubs locally, however, I think they will be the games that are on about lunchtime i.e. the west coast games. The Hawks will get on the Foxtel, as game 3 is on ESPN so there is a good chance they will show that live here. I got rid of Foxtel about 6 months ago, thanks to NBA LP Ive been able to watch most of the games live anyway. I might try and find someone I know with Foxtel if that game is indeed on live.

While I'm here I guess I better give my story.....

Aged 32, live on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia.

A Network Engineer for a largish ISP.

Been following the Hawks since about 91 when the NBA started to get big here. Everyone seemed to go for the "popular" teams i.e Bulls, Lakers etc I saw Dominique dunking and loved Spud, so they became my team, and not long after that the Falcons became my NFL team.

Have only been to ATL once, that was in November 2006, on my honeymoon :-) Caught one Hawk game and one Falcon game. There is a good chance I'll be back in ATL this November with my wife, hope to catch another Falcons game, and hopefully a couple of Hawks games, I need the new schedule to come through for me with a 3 game homestand early November.

No kids, but will be trying soon, this upcoming trip is supposed to be our last "hurrah" before we start a family.

Been registered here for a long time as you can see from my registered date, but have lurked for too long. With being able to watch the games live on NBALP I can contribute to this forum a bit more.

Thats about it, I hope to catch up with some of you on this trip in November, maybe a meetup in "Stats" that you guys talk about often.

Cheers

Rick

• Premium Member

48 Years young................

University of TN 1984

Insurance Principle.............Large Commercial Business Insurance.

2 sons - one in Dental School, the other senior at MTSU in aerospace

Daughter in LPN program.........trying to get into RN program (there is politics at every level of life!)

Been an Atlanta Sprts fan since the early 70s! Know most of the Hawks history in Atlanta. Old enough to remember the ABA.

I drag race a couple weekends a month as a hobby and I also hit the little white ball on occasion.

Most of all I have a great loving wife!

I am 20 years old and currently attend Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX, otherwise known as the only school that has received the death penalty in College athletics.

I was born and raised in Atlanta and since the age of 5 I have been a die hard Braves, Falcons and Hawks fan.

Being in Texas is miserable to an certain extent because I have to watch ESPN gamecast for all of the Hawks game. When I come intown for breaks I always catch a Hawks game, and during the summer you can find me at almost every Bravos game.

ATL baby

27 years old, grew up in the country in Micanopy, Florida (1 exit south of Gainesville and home of Cafe Risque). I've been a Gator since birth and went to school there, graduated in 2003 with a Computer Engineering degree and have been in Atlanta since then. Moved up here to be with my soon to be wife (May 3rd! All this wedding stuff is keeping me from going to any playoff games!). I am working for a Litigation Support company organizing electronic documents for lawyers.

Basketball has always been my favorite sport, but I never got into any pro teams in Florida, but once I moved here, I decided to start following the Hawks. They were local, have players I like, games are cheap, and I always have a good time watching them. Being a Gator fan, I'm glad we drafting Al, and he has been a great addition to the team.

I'm glad they've made the playoffs, particularly for you guys who have been waiting so long, I just hope they can keep this momentum going (with a new coach, I hope) into next year and beyond.