• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

lets get to know eachother a bit

adrian

Quote:

Being a Gator fan, I'm glad we drafting Al, and he has been a great addition to the team.

I'm glad they've made the playoffs, particularly for you guys who have been waiting so long, I just hope they can keep this momentum going (with a new coach, I hope) into next year and beyond.

Boss...we have to form a "Gators for Hawks" club! smile.gif

GO GATORS!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I'm 21 YO, currently studying Finance in Mexico City... Hope to be able to Major in Film in NYU once I'm done.

I was raised in Atlanta and started following the Hawks during the 96 season (the year we got Mutombo). I'm also a Braves and Falcons fan (unfortunately).

Though I moved out of Atlanta when I was 16, I have followed all three teams extremely closely. (Can't remember the last time I missed a Falcons game)

A lot of you guys have great careers, good to see that the online community is thriving. Best of luck to JohnnyB. on his Ken Nugent aspirations.

Quote:

I'm 29 from Athens, Ga.

During a Hawks game this season I got engaged at center court during the "Home Depot Game."

Graduated from Ga. State. (We finally got a football team !) 30,000 students with no football team sucked for way too long.

Die hard UGA fan !

Die hard Atlanta sports fan. Even pull for Tech (unless they're playing UGA).

First Hawks game was in 85 or 86. Me and my pops went b/c UGA was right off their Final 4 appearance and we wanted to check out the PG that got UGA there....Vern Flemimg who played for the Pacers and the Hawks too of course. It was cool seeing two former UGA greats at my first NBA game. (Unfortunately, UGA has not had a player as good as Fleming or Nique since.)

Going to my first NBA playoff game next week ! Like all of us in Atlanta, I've been deprived of the oppurtunity for far too long.

WOW MAN, I WAS AT THAT GAME! I SAW YOU! CONGRAT!!!

Quote:

33 years old. I am a personal injury attorney with the career aspiration to be the Black Ken Nugent (atl people will get that joke) Born and raised in Atlanta. Lifelong Hawks fan, became a diehard when we drafted Dion Glover in 1998, who went to my alma mater Cedar Grove High School.

Black Ken Nugent?! LMFAO. That dude is hilarious...apparently he is pretty good too.

36yrs old who moved to Atlanta in 2001. One of my first basketball posters of a NBA player was the sites of Nique. My cousin had a pick of him. He stay in Spartanburg, S.C. He was 2 years younger then I but when he said Nique was the best player in the NBA I was hooked! I was 16yrs old. I still remember it 1997 THE YEAR OF THE BAD BOYS BABY! LOL

I became a Char-Hornet fan the year they picked Zo. Who I met in a Blockbuster right across from Howard Univ. Man, he had one of the hottest girlfriend at about 6'3"...I think that is his wife now... lol

Well, after the Hornets moved to N.O. and traded my then favorite player Baron Davis. I stopped watching NBA for sometime. I work for the Corporation of Racetrac petroleum as a Warehouse Coordinator. The President of the company started giving me tickets to the Hawks. I became a Hawks fan the year just before we got JJ.

Quote:

Let's see..

I am 22 now and live in the Atlanta area--for now. I am a Senior at Emory University, but am finishing up my BBA in their Business School. I will be graduating in four weeks, and I can't wait. I am majoring in Management and Communications there. I am someone who tends to tell it like it is, which clearly gets on the nerves of many posters here. I am single (thank God) because I am surrounded by a bunch of immature-acting females. I have closely followed the Hawks for about 5 years now, but I have followed the Braves and Falcons for even longer.

WOW, My son starts there this year. He got a full scholarship to Emory. clap.gif

I'm 18 years old, born and raised just outside of Atlanta. (Douglasville) I honestly have always been a Braves/Falcons fan (also an insane UGA fan), but I became a big Hawks fan 4 or 5 years ago. I was never really interested in the NBA, not sure why I suddenly became a huge fan. Especially considering how terrible the Hawks were. I like going to games at Philips more than the Ted and the Dome now.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm 29 from Athens, Ga.

During a Hawks game this season I got engaged at center court during the "Home Depot Game."

Graduated from Ga. State. (We finally got a football team !) 30,000 students with no football team sucked for way too long.

Die hard UGA fan !

Die hard Atlanta sports fan. Even pull for Tech (unless they're playing UGA).

First Hawks game was in 85 or 86. Me and my pops went b/c UGA was right off their Final 4 appearance and we wanted to check out the PG that got UGA there....Vern Flemimg who played for the Pacers and the Hawks too of course. It was cool seeing two former UGA greats at my first NBA game. (Unfortunately, UGA has not had a player as good as Fleming or Nique since.)

Going to my first NBA playoff game next week ! Like all of us in Atlanta, I've been deprived of the oppurtunity for far too long.

WOW MAN, I WAS AT THAT GAME! I SAW YOU! CONGRAT!!!

LOL I was there too, but I must've missed it. I think we all got up and walked out in the lobby during halftime or something.

Wow - that first post scared me eek.gif 14 years old! It's a villiage though.

I'm turning the big 5-0 this year. Have been an NBA fan since Kareem was named Lew. I've followed a lot of teams due to moving around a lot (always follow the home team). Been on a bad run the last decade or so - lived in Denver and followed the hapless Nuggets - then here with the hapless Hawks. Maybe things are turning around now!

SIU Alum (Go Salukis) and ex-navy.

Hobbies: Drinking beer and telling lies thumb3d.gif ...watching my son play rugby...and watching JS swat shots/JJ drain deep threes of course.

(I can play some golf on a good day too)

Great reading about everybody. GO HAWKS - NO SWEEP!

I'm a 44 y.o. single optometrist ("eye"man) originally from Cartersville and now living in Buckhead. I went to Berry then UAB so I really don't have a college to root for so I'm a fan of pretty much all Georgia sports. I guess I'm a bigger Braves fan but the Hawks games are much more fun to attend to me so I have a half season package.

Guest Walter

pain free. My 2-level artificial disk replacement surgery (and following complications) are resolved. I have almost no actual limitations and no theoretical ones. Great! Road trips and mountain biking here I come!

I'm a Physical Therapist in Asheville, NC. Got BAs in Philosophy and Biology at WCU in Cullowhee, NC. Just about to close on my 1st house despite all the medical debt. Dating a wonderful, lovely resident. Recorded a CD 3 years ago and still play guitar and sing around town. Got a German Shepard (currently with a broken foot). Patented and attempting to license a "transfer friendly" walker attachment invention for patients who cannot bear weight through their lower leg. Grew up in Macon, GA which is when and where my love for the Hawks started. 'Nique solidified my love for them. I'm worn flat out after 10 seasons of bad results and a rebuild that seems all too underwhelming. God help this franchise.

W

30 year old Atlanta native, followed the Hawks since the mid-80s. I'm a Security Analyst at IBM in Sandy Springs. Thinking about going back for my Master's soon. Done a lot of European travel the past few years. Used to follow the Braves much more, but somehow I enjoy basketball more these days -- just don't have time to watch 3 hour games 4 times a week anymore smile.gif

24 y.o. born and raised in Gainesville, GA (Lake Lanier). Regional sales manager for a small poultry company based here. Love the Hawks, Braves, Cowboys, and Dawgs. NASCAR too. Hobbies include mixing it up with the locals every weekend on the town, playing bass guitar, and golf.

I almost never post (as you can see from my reg. date & my post count) since I don’t have much time to argue with so many of you that I disagree with, but I do visit the site at least once daily. I’m in my forties and have lived in Atlanta since I was a small child. My first Hawks game was at GA Tech before they built the Omni but I didn’t become a serious fan until about 15 years ago. Never played basketball a day in my life but I did play both types of football in college. I’ve worked in the entertainment industry most of my life and had the pleasure of coaching for a living (not basketball) for a couple of years.

I’m married with 2 kids, both college athletes and love watching them play. I love watching Futbol (that’s soccer to most of you), The Hawks and Falcons and don’t have any interest in baseball or hockey. Unlike many of you I don’t think BK has done that bad of a job, but I think Woody is a nightmare for most young players and would do better with a more experienced team. Love the site!

Quote:

Quote:

33 years old. I am a personal injury attorney with the career aspiration to be the Black Ken Nugent (atl people will get that joke) Born and raised in Atlanta. Lifelong Hawks fan, became a diehard when we drafted Dion Glover in 1998, who went to my alma mater Cedar Grove High School.

Black Ken Nugent?! LMFAO. That dude is hilarious...apparently he is pretty good too.

That dude hasn't tried a case since the 80's probably. Can't hate on that.

I think it's safe to say hawksfan23 is the youngest member here.

I am 16 years old. I've been a Hawks fan since the 04-05 season. I don't like bandwagoners, that is why I will hate Philips Arena for game 3 and game 4 because all those Boston Celtic Fans weren't fans until this year.

I make Youtube videos to boost the popularity of our team. I think it works.....kind of. I've been to 20+ home games this season.

I plan to go to DevRy University in Duluth and I plan to be a season ticket holder for life.

• Premium Member

I've been a long time Hawk fan who 1st fell in love with the John Drew, Eddie Johnson, Tree Rollins Hawks so you know that I am over 40. In fact, Eddie Johnson is my all time favorite Hawk! I'm an Anesthesiologist living in Peoria IL who stopped following the Hawks closely during the Terry years but developed a renewed interest after Babcock was fired. I think the Terry, Dion Glover, and Cal Bowler draft back in 1999 that finished me off. But since we have gone to the youth movement, I am back and very encouraged. I like our team now and with a little maturing and coaching, this team can be championship quality. We are headed in the right direction!

I'm 40 and I've been a die hard Hawks fan since the days of Dan Roundfield and John Drew. Born and raised in the great Metropolis of Cornelia, GA (about 30 miles NE of Gainesville, GA).

I got a tennis scholarship to Jacksonville State University where I obtained a BS Degree in Forensic Science and an MS Degree in Criminal Justice.

I have been employed as a special agent with the same Federal agency for the past 18+ years and I currently serve as Assistant Special Agent in Charge here in the ATL.

I'm getting married to a wonderful woman next month and I can't wait!

I love the Hawks, Falcons and Dawgs (season tickets to Hawks and Falcons) and I enjoy playing golf, fishing and spending time with my family.