• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shooting threes: Richardson, Acie or Salim

HAWKS1986

Quote:

Jeremy Richardson then Salim.

Jeremy is a 6'6 sharpshooter with the ability to attack the basket, but I would to see for him to get three or four open looks if JJ is double teamed--and see how he does..

Boston would likely dare him to shoot and if he makes it a few times it can give the Hawks a real boost for Game 7 and put doubt in Boston.

I imagine that we will see a lot of Acie, Bibby, and JJ together with Salim and Childress backing them up. As much as I would like to see JRich get a chance to play this is probably a bad time for it. This could be a great chance for us to see how effective JJ can be at SF.

What really worries me is that Marvin will try to play and it will put us in a quick hole because I seriously doubt he will be physically able to move like he needs to and the Celtics will take advantage of it.

Quote:

I imagine that we will see a lot of Acie, Bibby, and JJ together with Salim and Childress backing them up. As much as I would like to see JRich get a chance to play this is probably a bad time for it. This could be a great chance for us to see how effective JJ can be at SF.

What really worries me is that Marvin will try to play and it will put us in a quick hole because I seriously doubt he will be physically able to move like he needs to and the Celtics will take advantage of it.

That first quarter is so critical. The Big Three wants to get this Game 7 early...

Acie needs to conquer up his big game ability in much the same way he did at Texas A&M..

• Premium Member

Both Salim and Richardson are the two x-factors for game7. All I keep hearing is that we can't shoot outside of JJ and Bibby. The Celts have no respect for any of our guys from the perimeter besides those two. Salim AND Richardson could make the Celts pay for them doubling and tripling JJ. They'd never see it coming.

J-Rich's your best bet for outside shooting with some size for defense. Acie can also hit it, but likes to play an efficient game (he's a top 50 PER player in the playoffs). If Marvin don't play though, Woodson would probably up Acie and childress' minutes. If Salim plays, I'd be surprise if he can hit 2 three pointers... or makes 47+% of his shot.

Seeing that J Rich and Salim haven't gotten much run thus far--even when we were in foul trouble--I don't see Woody confiding in them to make big shots. Bibby is due for a great shooting day. I want to see Acie get more burn to make up for Marvin's absence. He looks confident running the show out there especially against Cassell.

• Premium Member

You never can be sure about Salim. NOBODY was sure how any of the players would react to this big of a stage. Salim was as clutch as anyone has ever been in college and seemed to get better when the pressure was on. Just think, a lot of people here were pretty much ready to trade Pachulia for a bag of basketballs before the playoffs. Now the guy looks like the perfect physical big man off the bench. All that tells me is that players react differently to different circumstances. With Salim's tendency to play big in big games, I'd like to see how Salim reacts. If he becomes the offensive weapon that he was back in college, the Celts will never know what hit them.

Quote:

You never can be sure about Salim. NOBODY was sure how any of the players would react to this big of a stage. Salim was as clutch as anyone has ever been in college and seemed to get better when the pressure was on. Just think, a lot of people here were pretty much ready to trade Pachulia for a bag of basketballs before the playoffs. Now the guy looks like the perfect physical big man off the bench. All that tells me is that players react differently to different circumstances. With Salim's tendency to play big in big games, I'd like to see how Salim reacts. If he becomes the offensive weapon that he was back in college, the Celts will never know what hit them.

Salim is capable of hitting seven three pointers in a row.. and if he can do it for THIS GAME SEVEN .. it will stun the Celtics

Well, the guy I would like to see some more of is Salim. He's been stuck at the back end of the bench for a long time and really only gets in during garbage time. I'd like to see a small line-up (at times) with Bibby, Salim, and JJ spreading the floor. I think it would really help speed up the pace of the game to have three good shooters (yes, Bibby is good, despite a horrible showing for most of this series) on the floor at the same time. Each of those guys is confident-you'd see some bad shots spread between each of them, but the number of possessions would rise and really tax the Celtics to keep moving up and down the floor. If Salim was on the floor long enough to establish a shooting rhythm...watch out!

But that's more of a situational lineup I'd be interested in-use it for a few minutes in the second quarter and a few minutes in the third quarter, then bust it back out again at the end of the fourth quarter if necessary.

I think most of you have it right, we should put the ball in Acie's hands some more. He's really been one of our most efficient players this series and has done some good things on the floor. He's quick enough to actually make it tough on Rondo, who can stick to Bibby pretty easily. He needs to serve as a slasher/facilitator rather than a shooter though. Put him out there, leave Bibby and Joe to spread the floor, and let him see what shots he can create.

Yes, I'm basically picturing a scenario in which Joe plays 48 minutes or darn close to it. If it were me, I might give him a little breather toward the beginning of the second quarter and toward the end of the third, but I'd still be forced to rely on him for 43+ minutes.

I think we should put all three in instead of Marvin, maybe have Childress start or continue off the bench and have Law start (and have a sort of dual-pg scenario going). Acie waltzed past the defence on two of his (all two?) assists last night, I don't think he has a problem being a good distributor and slasher.

I think a lineup of Horford, Smith/Zaza, Johnson, Acie and Stoudamire/Richardson would be good for spurts. Boston would be smothering Johnson (either double or triple) leaving Stoud/Rich open to drain 3s (if they can). Johnson can draw in the defenders, pass of to Acie who'd drive in and kick it out for 3. Horford and whoever else can be waiting for a rebound.

We could use it and hopefully get ~40% or so of threes to fall, while giving Childress, Bibby, and Smith a rest. Don't know about Johnson but any plan we could draw up would involve him playing the majority of the game and burning Boston.

Quote:

Quote:

Salim is capable of hitting seven three pointers in a row.. and if he can do it for THIS GAME SEVEN .. it will stun the Celtics the risk is that he's capable of missing 10 in a row too in a span of 5 minutes.

Salim and Jrich are two unlikely, dark horse candidates to be the x factor in this game, but Acie is someone that Boston doesn't have a good answer for. He can get into the lane, find open looks for others, and once upon a time was known for his shooting and clutch performances. No one else in the game is as fast with the ball as he is. Salim and Jrich could get hot from 3, and Salim seems like he is the type of guy that could rise to the occasion, but more likely it would be Acie to "shock the world."

Believe.

Quote:

Salim and Jrich are two unlikely, dark horse candidates to be the x factor in this game, but Acie is someone that Boston doesn't have a good answer for. He can get into the lane, find open looks for others, and once upon a time was known for his shooting and clutch performances. No one else in the game is as fast with the ball as he is. Salim and Jrich could get hot from 3, and Salim seems like he is the type of guy that could rise to the occasion, but more likely it would be Acie to "shock the world."

I think it's an extremely difficult situation for Jrich to enter. He never really had that much time to get used to the regular season. But I do agree that Celts would likely give him the shot. Getting someone hot outside would help the middle a great deal. My money is on Bibby.

Believe.

• Premium Member

Then I guess that settles it. Salim and Acie are the two players on this team who were BIG TIME in the clutch for their respective college teams. Neither is that far removed from those situations. Acie seems to have shown absolutely NO fear during his time on the court. I get the feeling Salim will be no different. These are two players the Celtics clearly have no game plan for. I say leave no bullets in the gun... if you know what I mean.

Quote:

Quote:

Jeremy Richardson then Salim.

Jeremy is a 6'6 sharpshooter with the ability to attack the basket, but I would to see for him to get three or four open looks if JJ is double teamed--and see how he does..

Boston would likely dare him to shoot and if he makes it a few times it can give the Hawks a real boost for Game 7 and put doubt in Boston.

I'll be stunned if he sees the court for meaningful minutes. Then again I was surprised when I saw Solomon Jones.