• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the Hawks should do now.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm not going to touch coaching.

However, I think we need to speed Law to the PG. Get a BU PG who we can trust.

I think we honestly need to trade Bibby by midseason next year to a team looking to unload players for cap space. If we can't find the right situation, then just keep him and let his contract run out.

I say resign the Joshes... But after today, Smoove is not worthy of the max. Maybe a 5 year 58.5 million dollar deal. That's fair.

Chillz a little lower. Maybe 5 years 34 million.

I think we need to find a defensive big and a shooter.

If the right deal comes along, I would try for Diop.

As far as shooter is concerned, I would see if Toronto is interested in trading Jason Kapono. We need a guy like Kapono who can score those three pointers. I would see if Marvin could get us Kapono plus first.

8-8.5 million for Josh Smith at the most. Maybe 4 million for Childress?

They need to pull off a trade to get another big time scorer. It's too bad they don't have a chance to hire Larry Brown now. Rick C is gone so the pickings start to become more and more slim. There is Avery Johnson. I'd take him over D'Antoni who couldn't even get his team to the finals.

I think the center the Hawks should go after is Joel Przybilla. He's not a star and is definitely not an offensive force in the post, but he is a solid defender and rebounder. Joel is also very good at one overlooked aspect. He's a great outlet passer to get the fast break going.

I think Joel Przybilla would be a great pick up to play a role where he gives the team 25 MPG at center. This past season, Joel average almost 9 rebounds a game while playing less than 24 minutes per game.

• Premium Member

No shocker here, but I would S&T Childress with Zaza for some combination of a veteran wing and a backup big. I would do this in conjunction with signing Andersen with part of the MLE.

I would then bring in a defensive PG at the minimum, and another veteran center to bang with the big bodies.

Quote:

However, I think we need to speed Law to the PG. Get a BU PG who we can trust.

Agreed

Quote:

I think we honestly need to trade Bibby by midseason next year to a team looking to unload players for cap space. If we can't find the right situation, then just keep him and let his contract run out.

Agreed again

Quote:

Smoove is not worthy of the max. Maybe a 5 year 58.5 million dollar deal. That's fair.

Agreed again. This is getting uncomfortable.

Quote:

I think we need to find a defensive big and a shooter.

If the right deal comes along, I would try for Diop.

Geez. First the Hawks push the C's to 7 games and now i find myself agreeing with Diesel. I feel like i am in the Twilight Zone.

I doubt we can trade Bibby for a legit big but a combo of Bibby/Marvin could bring a quality wing to do along with JJ. Along with Andersen, Diop and a backup pg we would be set.

I'd say don't worry about trades for a sec, but rotating the squad plus signing a few free agents would immediately give us good depth.

C - Andersen, maybe Diop if we could as backup/starter, and Zaza as reserve

PF - Horford, Smith on bench, Solo after that for garbage minutes

SF - Johnson, Marvin backup

SG - Bibby (all he's good at is shooting, when he is), Childress backup

PG - ACIEEEEEEE

Rotate Richardson and Stoudamire for short stints when we need a few three balls, they can even slip in instead of Acie and Bibby can run point for a few minutes. We'd wind up with an excellent bench compared to many, and not sure about West - haven't seem him play/don't know his strengths.

Quote:

No shocker here, but I would S&T Childress with Zaza for some combination of a veteran wing and a backup big.
I would do this in conjunction with signing Andersen with part of the MLE.

I would then bring in a defensive PG at the minimum, and another veteran center to bang with the big bodies.

Would we really need to use part of the MLE? I didn't think we would since he is our draft pick.

Copied from another thread...

This is what I would do.

1. Trade Bibby. He cant stick the quick pg's which is what the nba is moving to. He is a streaky shooter that's more off then on. He isnt part of our future. Move him while he has value.

2. Fire Woodson. No excuse for getting blown out four straight road games. Losing four straight road games is one thing, but as badly as we did, he needs to go.

3. Decide what kind of team we want to be. If its a running team, then...

3a. Lets trade Bibby for a running pg.

If its a halfcourt team...

3b. Trade Marvin or Smooth for a legit center, then move Horford to power forward.

4. Do NOT give Smooth max money. He isnt nearly consistent enough with his jumper and turnovers. Giving max to a player that isnt at least an all-star is dumb.

5. If Woodson is kept, tell Woodson the only way he keeps his job is by playing and developing the bench. We cant go another season only playing 7 deep.

6. Get Law and Solomon to work their tails off. There are minutes available for them, but they both have to improve their offensive games to stay on the court. Law has to get his jumper back from college, and Solomon needs to bulk up more and get some kind of post-up game.

7. We must learn to win on the road. It killed us all season. If we had won half our games on the road (is that TOO much to ask for?) we wouldnt have been stuck playing the best team in the league for the first round.

Go Hawks.

Whatever we do, don't make ridiculous bipolar reaction and gut the team.

Don't do anything stupid and take that one game and decide not to re-sign Josh Smith.

Yes he played horrible, but he has been far more consistent this season. For crying out loud it

was one game. And he wasn't the only person who didn't play well. The whole team folded under pressure arguably except Joe Johnson.

We need to re-sign Josh Smith and try to re-sign Childress as well and let this young team progress as it should next year with what should be new found confidence and a chip on their shoulders after the last game of the season left them with a bad taste in their mouth and wondering what if?

Quote:

Quote:

Would we really need to use part of the MLE? I didn't think we would since he is our draft pick.

I believe so.

If that is true then that probably rules out another big unless we do a trade. If we only have part of the MLE then we should probably go after someone like Roger Mason who can backup the 1 and 2 and can shoot 3s.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If that is true then that probably rules out another big unless we do a trade. If we only have part of the MLE then we should probably go after someone like Roger Mason who can backup the 1 and 2 and can shoot 3s.

Which is exactly why I'm suggesting a trade of Childress (+Zaza for BYC reasons) for that shooter/big combo. You replace Zaza with Anderson, bring in another big via trade, and then sign a banger for the LLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Which is exactly why I'm suggesting a trade of Childress (+Zaza for BYC reasons) for that shooter/big combo. You replace Zaza with Anderson, bring in another big via trade, and then sign a banger for the LLE.

How much is the LLE?

Quote:

I think the center the Hawks should go after is Joel Przybilla. He's not a star and is definitely not an offensive force in the post, but he is a solid defender and rebounder. Joel is also very good at one overlooked aspect. He's a great outlet passer to get the fast break going.

I think Joel Przybilla would be a great pick up to play a role where he gives the team 25 MPG at center. This past season, Joel average almost 9 rebounds a game while playing less than 24 minutes per game.

I would go with Pryz, he's a banger. Not sure he'd want to come here after we traded him.