• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are you going to do when they resign Woodsen?

Blunt91

To me it would be a slap in the face to all the fans supporting this team if they resign Mike Woodsen without even trying to talk to Saunders or Johnson. They will make the excuse that the team has gotten better every year since he was here, but we know better than that. If you can't afford to hire the best coach for your team or sign better players to help the team, then why should people want to follow this team?

Maybe sending a personal letter certified to Micheal Gearon or Rick Sund expressing our content on hiring one of these guys will help them see the light, even if it causes for the team to have to spend more money than they can afford. We will get rewarded in the future with more wins than under Mike Woodsen. Any one know the address???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's wait and see what happens. I will be supremely pissed if Woodson comes back for another season. I will not buy those season tickets that I can now afford.

In terms of sending a letter, it would have to go to the Hawks offices.

That all said, lets see if the ASG did turn around their thinking and are going to let Sund do what he should have been hired to do- run the Hawks basketball ops. It very well maybe that Woody is not resigned. No way to tell right now.

and what if Sund thinks it's best to re-hire Woody?

I think that what will happen is that Sund will offer Woody a 1 year deal, Woody will decline and will end up someplace else, perhaps in Charlotte, and then we will bring in Saunders. That's my guess at this point. I don't think we have much interest in Avery Johnson.

Quote:

To me it would be a slap in the face to all the fans supporting this team if they resign Mike Woodsen without even trying to talk to Saunders or Johnson.

Due to business I see neither as a fit. Both Saunders and Johnson will be paid under their current contracts until they sign with another team or the contract runs out. Avery has 2 years left and Saunders has one year left. They are both paid very well. I would guess $3 to $4 million per year (if not more). We all know that is out of the Hawks price range right now considering we will already be mashed up against the luxury tax.

So both Johnson and Saunders would make more money sitting on the couch then coaching the Hawks. They would actuall lose money to coach the Hawks.

I am guessing Saunders takes a year off unless Phoneix or another team offers him more money then what his current contract pays. It just doesn't make sense to work and essentially not get paid what you would make by sitting at home.

So basically the only coaches we can hire are current assistants and unemployed past coaches.

I will go find the highest building and jump off! something.gif

Seriously, I will be MAJORLY DISAPPOINTED if the re-sign Woodson.

What merits him returning? 3 home wins vs Boston? What about finishing

10 games (or whatever it was) below .500 and backing into the playoffs???

It's not like there aren't BETTER options out there. Also.....what if he offers

Woodson a 1 yr extension and Woody TAKES IT!!!! ????

I will support the team as always. Woodson has not been the problem. the problem was an unbalanced roster, immature players and unrealistic expectations.

Woody has done a better job than most other coaches.

We have had a team with 4 and a half keepers (JJ,JSmith, Chillz, Al and a healthy Bibby) and 5 projects (Z,Slim,Sol,Marvin,Acie). He has worked with below average conditions and have brought them up well.

I will continue to support and post.

You whiners probably will continue to Whine.

Quote:

I will support the team as always. Woodson has not been the problem. the problem was an unbalanced roster, immature players and unrealistic expectations.

We have had a team with 4 and a half keepers (JJ,JSmith, Chillz, Al and a healthy Bibby) and 5 projects (Z,Slim,Sol,Marvin,Acie). He has worked with below average conditions and have brought them up well.

So you're one of the 3 people that want Woody to stay.... Maybe in 5 or so years we will finally be a .500 team...

Quote:

Woody has done a better job than MOST coaches? Name 2.

Whiners or winners? Keep cheering for that ever elusive 40 wins.

Quote:

I think that what will happen is that Sund will offer Woody a 1 year deal, Woody will decline and will end up someplace else, perhaps in Charlotte, and then we will bring in Saunders. That's my guess at this point. I don't think we have much interest in Avery Johnson.

Just as I couldn't watch the Hawks with Rider, I won't watch the Hawks with Woodson. Really. I have too many other things going on in my life to give that level of time, emotional, and financial support to an organization that I don't believe has made the right move(s). As I have said many times, I cheer for the Hawks as an entity; however, that does not mean that I have to support them blindly.

If Sund comes out and says that Woodson is best for now, then my opinion of him drops significantly. It also shows that the owners have a strong say in what is going on- see the bet I have with KB21.

Quote:

Quote:

Just as I couldn't watch the Hawks with Rider, I won't watch the Hawks with Woodson. Really. I have too many other things going on in my life to give that level of time, emotional, and financial support to an organization that I don't believe has made the right move(s). As I have said many times, I cheer for the Hawks as an entity; however, that does not mean that I have to support them blindly.

If Sund comes out and says that Woodson is best for now, then my opinion of him drops significantly. It also shows that the owners have a strong say in what is going on- see the bet I have with KB21.

I'd rather watch Woody than Rider. Man, I hated that guy (cussed him out at Phillips once). I agree with you 100% on the Woody decision. I pray since we hired a "seasoned" GM he is going to do what HE feels is best for the team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

To me it would be a slap in the face to all the fans supporting this team if they resign Mike Woodsen without even trying to talk to Saunders or Johnson. They will make the excuse that the team has gotten better every year since he was here, but we know better than that. If you can't afford to hire the best coach for your team or sign better players to help the team, then why should people want to follow this team?

Maybe sending a personal letter certified to Micheal Gearon or Rick Sund expressing our content on hiring one of these guys will help them see the light, even if it causes for the team to have to spend more money than they can afford. We will get rewarded in the future with more wins than under Mike Woodsen. Any one know the address???

I personally don't have a problem with Woody coming back. The problem folks, was the GM and not the coach!!!

I'm not going to do anything if they re-sign Woodson. Maybe shrug my shoulders, roll my eyes, feel that old familiar feeling of Hawks related discontent....but beyond that, there's not a damn thing I can do. It's pointless and futile to get angry or emotionally distressed about it. The ASG owns the team, it's their call to make.

Either way they decide to go, my life will go on unchanged. All you can really do is hope for the best for the Hawks, and hope that somehow, some way it all works out.

I'd be upset if Woody was brought back but i'd just roll with the flow and hope for the best. That's pretty much the attitude of the country is these days as well. I think winning 3 games in the first round should not save his job. Finishing 8 games under .500 when you probably should've finished 4-8 over is a telling indictment. And losing by 34 in Game 7 should've put the final nail in the coffin. He CANNOT motivate these guys. I honestly think 3 raucous sellout crowds in the playoffs fired up these guys moreso than Mike Woodson.

If Woody comes back I would not be that dissapointed b/c I see few upgrades available this late in the game. Now I am sky high on Larry Brown, Scott Skiles, and Mike Fratello b/c they are definate upgrades.

I undersrtand in reality we have no shot at Avery Johnson or Flip Saunders since they are each guaranteed like $4 million a piece next year. So the reality is that it is in their best interest to sit out a year and collect that fat pay check.

Considering Larry Brown is taken (my first choice), Scott Skiles is now taken, D'Antoni is now taken, and Del Harris at 73 can't be expected to be a head coach any more.....my last hope is Mike Fratello. However, now that Sund is the GM, I don't see that happening b/c it would have the appearance of Gearon Jr. hire rather then a Sund hire due to Sund having no relationship with him.....Never mind the fact that Fratello may be the most qualified coach out there not under contract.

I am of the belief that the Hawks woes over the last 4 years were do to being forced to play young guys and start ZaZa at center for 3 years more so then all the blame on the coach. Now that the players are playing better and maturing Woody is already looking like a better coach b/c he now has better players. (addition of Bibby and maturation of our babies.)

I just hope Bob Weiss' name does not come up or the UK guy that coached KG and the T-Wolves to a 30-52 record. Now that would make me puke.

Considering Joe Dumars wants to meet with Woodson should tell the Woodson haters something. The Hawks problems are not all on Woodson. Three 21 year olds on the court for 37 mpg will make any coach look bad at times.

You are saying a team needs motivation in a game 7? Even at home the Hawks were heavily underdogs because of the talent difference.

It wasn't the trainer, it was the horse.

Now Flip had the horses, D'Antoni had horses, Avery had horses, Karl had horses.

Mature NBA Players do not need motivation in a game Seven.

Quote:

Quote:

. Finishing 8 games under .500

Truth be told we were 4 games under .500.

37 W - 45 Losses

4 more wins and we would have been 41-41.

A 37-45 is referred to as 8 games under .500 because it would have to win its next 8 games to be back to .500.

This is not debatable, it's standard sports terminology.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

37 W - 45 Losses

A 37-45 is referred to as 8 games under .500 because it would have to win its next 8 games to be back to .500.

This is not debatable, it's standard sports terminology. exactly,u can't take away losses lol.He tried to give a math lesson and got a sports lesson.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

37 W - 45 Losses

This is not debatable, it's standard sports terminology.

Not this one again.