• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Once BELKIN OWNS THE HAWKS

DJlaysitup

Yeah let's cheer for the guy that tried to screw the Hawks and have multiple consecutive (5?) 1st round draft choices taken from us. Yeah he's real "SMART" alright. Belkin would destroy this team if he was ever able to take over and then you'd be begging to have the ASG back. They certainly have their issues but at least they try to make the team better and not worse like your boy the weasel.

Yes. Steve Belkin would destroy this team and everything that has been built to this day. With him in charge, we wouldn't have Joe Johnson. We wouldn't have resigned Josh Smith this offseason. It is well known that Steve Belkin wanted to run the Hawks at minimal cost. He wasn't willing to go over the salary cap. His only goal is to turn a profit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Steve Belkin would destroy this team and everything that has been built to this day. With him in charge, we wouldn't have Joe Johnson. We wouldn't have resigned Josh Smith this offseason. It is well known that Steve Belkin wanted to run the Hawks at minimal cost. He wasn't willing to go over the salary cap. His only goal is to turn a profit.

I don't think it's fair to say it was his only goal since I do believe his other main goal (let's call it 1b) is to move the team out of Atlanta. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the absolute worst thing that could happen to this franchise.

I would think he'd have a hard time moving the team. Don't know what Stern or the league would have to say about this, but isn't Atl a critical market for the league and the region. Just think he would get resistance from owners/league to do this?

The other thought I had is that it wouldn't surprise me if the other guys in ASG developed drinking problems over this deal. It has to be ugly going on for so long.

I think it's also worthy of note that Steve Belkin Bar-B-Ques puppies and is the leader of a coven of male witches who pray to Satan.

Let's get real here folks, there is NO evidence that Belkin would run this team on the "cheap" like ASG does and NO evidence that he would move the team. The whole "cheap" thing came about because BK wanted Joe Johnson. BK made Joe a top level offer (Joe was a RFA)...Joe said he wanted to go...PHX wasn't stupid so they proposed a SnT. The initial deal was Diaw (which Belkin signed off on as Governor)...then it became Diaw + 1st round pick (which Belkin also signed off on)....then it became Diaw + 2 first round picks.

Belkin then realized that his GM was flailing around like a "drunken sailor" and would give away the farm to get JJ. Belkin then put his foot down (as Governor with the most money invested) to stop BK.

There is "cheap" and there is "smart"...and anybody who thinks the ASG isn't "cheap"...I've got a bridge to sell ya...great location....near downtown Manhattan. :nono:

Edited by DJlaysitup

I think it's also worthy of note that Steve Belkin Bar-B-Ques puppies and is the leader of a coven of male witches who pray to Satan.

Let's get real here folks, there is NO evidence that Belkin would run this team on the "cheap" like ASG does and NO evidence that he would move the team. The whole "cheap" thing came about because BK wanted Joe Johnson. BK made Joe a top level offer (Joe was a RFA)...Joe said he wanted to go...PHX wasn't stupid so they proposed a SnT. The initial deal was Diaw (which Belkin signed off on as Governor)...then it became Diaw + 1st round pick (which Belkin also signed off on)....then it became Diaw + 2 first round picks.

Belkin then realized that his GM was flailing around like a "drunken sailor" and would give away the farm to get JJ. Belkin then put his foot down (as Governor with the most money invested) to stop BK.

There is "cheap" and there is "smart"...and anybody who thinks the ASG isn't "cheap"...I've got a bridge to sell ya...great location....near downtown Manhattan. :nono:

It is INDISPUTABLE that he tried to have the Hawks penalized and have (5?) consecutive 1st round draft choices taken from them. There is NOTHING you can say negatively about the ASG or positively about Belkin that will trump that. End of story.

Would you please explain why you believe Belkin will do a better job than the current ownership group? Specifically, could you comment on the concerns that he would operate this franchise on an extremely strict budget, which many believe would result in little or no effort being put into taking chances on big money free agents?

Well I think a better post would have been to say he can't do much worse than the current owners.

Well I think a better post would have been to say he can't do much worse than the current owners.

Eddie has been around long enough to know where DJ, myself and others stand on this issue. We've both written quite a lot about the failures of the ASG and why Belkin is a favorable choice. Just do a little search and you can find volumes of info. I'm just too bored with it to care. If Belkin wins, we may have a chance someday. So long as the ASG owns the Hawks, we will never be fully relevant or competent.

Eddie has been around long enough to know where DJ, myself and others stand on this issue. We've both written quite a lot about the failures of the ASG and why Belkin is a favorable choice. Just do a little search and you can find volumes of info. I'm just too bored with it to care. If Belkin wins, we may have a chance someday. So long as the ASG owns the Hawks, we will never be fully relevant or competent.

So your pro Belkin? Interesting. I always thought he wasn't interested in building a franchise here. Maybe he was the only one who was serious and they disagreed with him.

So your pro Belkin? Interesting. I always thought he wasn't interested in building a franchise here. Maybe he was the only one who was serious and they disagreed with him.

I never really had a feeling one way or the other about Belkin taking over the team. I never brought into the "running the team on the cheap" argument because I know this man had been trying to get an NBA team for over 20 years and to finally have one and run it in the ground just didn't seem too smart for for such a successfully businessman. The JJ trade... which really defined him to most of us fans basically came down to what side of the compensation debate you were on. So I never was "pro" or "anti" Belkin, BUT....

Since the story has come out that he tried to dime out the team to the NBA which could have cost us 1st round picks for 5 years, all I can say about him now is f@ck him. I don't want no one who can sell our Hawks down the drain to have anything to do with the team.

:lol6:

So, Belkin, who I've heard is cheap, selfish, and was willing to strip the Hawks of 5 draft picks will give us a chance ? However, the ASG, who has built the current team and has stated on several occassions that they are willing to go over the luxury tax to put a championship contender on the floor won't give us a chance ?

Flawed logic. Especially when you consider the fact that this is the best team we've had since Deke, Mookie, and Smith.

Edited by EazyRoc

If you want a roster full of NBDL players, then Steve Belkin is the owner you want. That's what he would have. A roster full of NBDL players who don't command high salaries. Joe Johnson would be traded for peanuts. Josh Smith would be traded just as soon as his BYC status is gone. We will never be able to resign Marvin Williams and Al Horford when the time for those deals come.

Once he wins...simple contract law (see AHF) he will do MUCH better for us (the fans).

There has only been ONE verdict in this process...and Belkin WON. There was an appeal that got a continuation...but BELKIN WILL WIN!

If Belkin gained control of this team, you'll be looking at the Hakws being killed off, and being reincarnated as the "Seattle Sonics" by 2011.

Belkin could have both an East and West coast operation of business.

If he gained control, let's say next summer, fan apathy in Atlanta will be at an all-time low, after Bibby and Marvin are basically let go for nothing, with rumors circuling that JJ won't be re-signed either. The final straw will come when Belkin will refuse to pay the 5 yr / 80 - 90 mill deal that JJ will command in the summer of 2010.

The 2010 - 2011 year will be a lame duck one in ATL, seeing that Belkin will already have a deal to move the team to Seattle. And because the Commish and the rest of the league view Seattle as a much better NBA city than Atlanta, no one will block the move. And not enough people in Atlanta will care if the Hawks moved anyway.

You guys have to get out of this mindset that "change for the sake of change" will always be better.

That's what everyone thought ( outside of NJHAWK ) about the GM change, right?

I'd be interested to hear your logic behind saying Seattle is a better NBA town than the ATL.

But you're right as far as Belkin goes...I would pretty much walk away at that point. Don't get me wrong...I love the Hawks, but its killing me to keep pulling for sh*t.

If you want a roster full of NBDL players, then Steve Belkin is the owner you want. That's what he would have. A roster full of NBDL players who don't command high salaries. Joe Johnson would be traded for peanuts. Josh Smith would be traded just as soon as his BYC status is gone. We will never be able to resign Marvin Williams and Al Horford when the time for those deals come.

KB, I know you are the official spokesman for the Hawks organization here at Hawksquawk, but if you can predict the future like that, you should get in another line of business doc.

By the way, our roster is full of NBDL players. Has been for some time. Hopefully Belkin would sell the team to make a handsome profit, right? Right? Since he's just in it to make dough, right? Right?

The ASG will never win. If you want an eternal loser with no clue, then they are the owners you obviously want.

I never really had a feeling one way or the other about Belkin taking over the team. I never brought into the "running the team on the cheap" argument because I know this man had been trying to get an NBA team for over 20 years and to finally have one and run it in the ground just didn't seem too smart for for such a successfully businessman. The JJ trade... which really defined him to most of us fans basically came down to what side of the compensation debate you were on. So I never was "pro" or "anti" Belkin, BUT....

Since the story has come out that he tried to dime out the team to the NBA which could have cost us 1st round picks for 5 years, all I can say about him now is f@ck him. I don't want no one who can sell our Hawks down the drain to have anything to do with the team.

I don't know what you mean by "dime out". I'm in the dark here. But regardless, it's not his team. That's the whole deal. He may have it one day. If that is the case, I'm sure the NBA would reward his attention to the greater good of the league if he informed them of Hawk misdoings. Those picks would surely be restored if Belkin gained control of the team. Again though, Im in the dark about the "diming out".

KB, I know you are the official spokesman for the Hawks organization here at Hawksquawk, but if you can predict the future like that, you should get in another line of business doc.

By the way, our roster is full of NBDL players. Has been for some time. Hopefully Belkin would sell the team to make a handsome profit, right? Right? Since he's just in it to make dough, right? Right?

The ASG will never win. If you want an eternal loser with no clue, then they are the owners you obviously want.

What are you talking about ? You sound clueless.

What are you talking about ? You sound clueless.

Are you serious? Why don't you read posts from older than a month ago. Some of us have lives. If You don't know about the way KB has subjected us all to the company line for forever, then you shouldn't be commenting.

And yes, I'm serious about the NBDL players. Our GM and owners have been horrible at building this team. Having said that, if you knew anything about me, which you obviously don't, you'd know that I am the biggest Woodson hater on this board. The players aren't my cup of tea, but they could surely win more than 37 games with another coach.

At least look at the post count and read a little before you go with the clueless in the future, heh?

Who gives a damn about your post count when you don't know what you are talking about ?

I wasn't even commenting on KB21, which I thought I made clear by bolding the points at which I was focusing on. I've browsed the HS a few months before I actually joined, but irregardless that has nothing to do with the fact that I never mentioned anything about KB21. Furthermore, mostly all of us have lives, so what does that have to do with anything ?

Also! Maurice Evans, Flip Murray, ZaZa Pachulia, and AC Law are not NBDL players. Who cares if you like the coach or not. So, because you don't like Mike Woodson, that means the players aren't good ? So, if you don't like the coach or the players, why do you call yourself a Hawks fan ?

Man, almost 2,000 posts, and you still don't have a clue. It's a shame.

Who gives a damn about your post count when you don't know what you are talking about ?

I wasn't even commenting on KB21, which I thought I made clear by bolding the points at which I was focusing on. I've browsed the HS a few months before I actually joined, but irregardless that has nothing to do with the fact that I never mentioned anything about KB21. Furthermore, mostly all of us have lives, so what does that have to do with anything ?

Also! Maurice Evans, Flip Murray, ZaZa Pachulia, and AC Law are not NBDL players. Who cares if you like the coach or not. So, because you don't like Mike Woodson, that means the players aren't good ? So, if you don't like the coach or the players, why do you call yourself a Hawks fan ?

Man, almost 2,000 posts, and you still don't have a clue. It's a shame.

You are a tool. THe roster is crap compared to what it could be, but if we had ownership that was intelligent we would have surely canned the GM years ago and the coach as well. If you don't see incompetence in Mike Woodson you know absolutely nothing about basketball. They obviously don't know anything. They will never win because they themselves are incompetent. it's not that hard.

Also! Maurice Evans, Flip Murray, ZaZa Pachulia, and AC Law are not NBDL players.

They sure as hell aren't All- Stars.

but irregardless

In addition to being a tool, you are also a moron. You not only thought that... you typed it!

If you don't know what I'm talking about regarding the roster and how Woodson has used it and how the ASG doesn't care... I can't help you.

Edited by TroyMcClure