• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's too bad you hafta leave the HS to find a...

mrhonline

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

balanced, reasonable thread discussing Marvin Williams:

We've discussed the HS perspective on Josh Smith, and I thought this RealGM thread would provide similar insight into Marvin Williams:

RealGM Pistons' board

In other words, you need to go to a place filled with fans who don't watch the Hawks, nor Marvin to read about Marvin? Yeah... that figures. Do you get your car fixed at a donut shop? Their discussion about Marvin is similar to my discussion about Billups. (Although I do watch the Pistons some)... If I were to make statements about Billups, it would probably seem like Hogwash to a person who followed the Pistons every move... But I'm sure, that there would be some Billups Homer that would agree with everything I say.

You must be

homersimpson.gif

sorry but other teams fans don't know what they're talking about. I have no problem with them liking our players but read the thread.They say Marvin has a bruising inside game and Smith is more of a SF because he's faster lol.They think he can play PF,that's a joke. We're guilty of undervaluing him but like always other fans overvalue other teams players and they usually don't know about their games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You mean a thread that does not make him a target of a trade to another team.

Not necessarily.

Just one where everyone evaluates him based on what they've seen in games, rather than based on their pre-formed agendas or past history.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They say Marvin has a bruising inside game and Smith is more of a SF because he's faster lol.

"They" didn't say that at all. One fan says that, and he's quickly corrected by several other posters.

Quote:

They think he can play PF

Marvin DID play some PF last year. In fact, Woodson has lined him up at the 4 many times in his first three years.

Overall there discussion was very informative to people outside of atlanta, but some of them were really annoying, one said that he was a bruiser, another said that he was like amir johnson, another mixed up marvin and smoove "hes in a rare class of athlete, and he seems to be naturally powerful "

• Premium Member

Quote:

exactly.The thing is we watch Marvin every night,we know what he can do.They see him like 2-3 times the whole season.What they say means jack.

Can the same logic be applied to other team's players that some poster cream their pants over like Kaman?

I didn't click the link.

I did see the comment about Marvin being a "bruiser" inside. You know what, that's somewhat correct.

He looks awkward as heck driving to the hole but when he gets there he finishes........ at the FT line.

Some will call them "bailout calls." It is what it is. Marvin scores down low, just a bit uncoventionally.

Quote:

I didn't click the link.

I did see the comment about Marvin being a "bruiser" inside. You know what, that's somewhat correct.

He looks awkward as heck driving to the hole but when he gets there he finishes........ at the FT line.

Some will call them "bailout calls." It is what it is. Marvin scores down low, just a bit uncoventionally.

What the hell is a bailout call, anyways ? Do people really believe the refs love Marvin Williams enough to "bail him out" ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

What the hell is a bailout call, anyways ? Do people really believe the refs love Marvin Williams enough to "bail him out" ?

The bail out call is when you know Marvin is wrong, but the refs bail him out with a foul call.

How many times does Marv stumble into other players and get the call...? MOST.

Quote:

Quote:

The bail out call is when you know Marvin is wrong, but the refs bail him out with a foul call.

How many times does Marv stumble into other players and get the call...? MOST.

Huh ? A foul is a foul.

Marvin doesn't have enough status to get the D.Wade treatment. Some people need to forget about their vendettas, and see things for what they are.

• Premium Member

Quote:

D, are you saying Marv gets preferential treatment????

Not at all. I'm saying that there are calls that go his way that should not. When you bowl somebody over, you should be called for the foul (offensive). I'm saying that a ref is quicker to call blocking than to call charging.

Watch the games. Most of the time, Marvin has his head down and is running out of control and he bowls into a man. Maybe the man doesn't keep a stationary position seeing Marvin falling head first into him... but it happens.

They are a wildly successful team but everyone who starts for them except for Tay Prince is 30 or above. They are going to have a natural predisposition for youth and bias as to its benefits. Just look at what we did after being run by New York the last time we were a relevant playoff team.

To the Detroit Pistons – Marvin Williams is better than any of their big 5 because he is going to be a factor in the league for the next ten years. To what extent – who knows – but it will be more than any Piston starting for them today. They are thinking who they can pair with Stuckey and Maxiell for their future.

To the Atlanta Hawks – we are thinking quite the opposite – we see an underperforming SF who is really part of the problem we have now – un-maximized potential. We see the Detroit Big 5 – really any of them – for their value RIGHT NOW and how they will help us make the same jump Boston and Philly are making.

I personally don’t trust Detroit and the way they can turn around talent. I would dangle Bibby for Billups and Affolo and see how bad they want out of Billups three year contract.

Quote:

Quote:

exactly.The thing is we watch Marvin every night,we know what he can do.They see him like 2-3 times the whole season.What they say means jack.

Can the same logic be applied to other team's players that some poster cream their pants over like Kaman? yeah,they watch Kaman mayne 1-2 nights during the year and see he has good stats then all of a sudden he's a can't miss talent or something. I haven't watched Kaman that much but I do believe he's not that good of a player that people are making him out to be.