• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Switching Lanes

Chris18

There is really a big difference between Solo and Amir. Amir is 4 years younger and is straight out of high school so him being on the bench for a title contending team while he was still developing is a normal thing. High Schooler's are known for being brought along slowly and developing, Solo is 25 and rides the bench for barely a playoff team, us. When Amir gets in the game he produces and shows his development and potential while only being 21. When Solo gets in he does nearly as much, most of the time he looks lost!

In these years as Amir was still a teenager, his game has taken huge strides as he has been practicing against the top notch Pistons every day while dominating the D-leagues at just 19! Not only has his game been in the works throughout his early stages in the league, but apparently his body has been developing the kid came in at 6'9 and now he's nearing 7 feet and has been bulking up (Amir bulking up article) he has potential Center written all over him and next to Horf who will be now featured in his more comfortable role PF we can make some noise. The kid has been learning the game in Detroit and has extreme potential because he is about 7feet, very long, quick, can put the ball on the floor, superb shot blocker, and is almost Smoove athletic! If he can put it together like how all the Piston fans and Piston writers say he can, he will be a Steal

Edited by A-town Hawks

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, some crazy posts on here. Lets try to restore order.

-Amir is not Josh Smith with two inches of height. If this were true, then they would keep him instead of trading for Josh Smith. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

-Bragging about Amir's stats is silly. How many minutes did he log against meaningful competition?

-There is no way Marvin will be the best 6th man in the league. Half of his points come off open jumpers because teams are doubling JJ. What happens when Marvin is coming off the bench and JJ is on the bench?

-Trading for Turk would be a disaster. Not only could Turk not come close on block shots or rebounding, he'll have less then half of the wide-open 3s that he had playing with Dwight Howard.

There is really a big difference between Solo and Amir. Amir is 4 years younger and is straight out of high school so him being on the bench for a title contending team while he was still developing is a normal thing. High Schooler's are known for being brought along slowly and developing, Solo is 25 and rides the bench for barely a playoff team, us. When Amir gets in the game he produces and shows his development and potential while only being 21. When Solo gets in he does nearly as much, most of the time he looks lost!

In these years as Amir was still a teenager, his game has taken huge strides as he has been practicing against the top notch Pistons every day while dominating the D-leagues at just 19! Not only has his game been in the works throughout his early stages in the league, but apparently his body has been developing the kid came in at 6'9 and now he's nearing 7 feet and has been bulking up (Amir bulking up article) he has potential Center written all over him and next to Horf who will be now featured in his more comfortable role PF we can make some noise. The kid has been learning the game in Detroit and has extreme potential because he is about 7feet, very long, quick, can put the ball on the floor, superb shot blocker, and is almost Smoove athletic! If he can put it together like how all the Piston fans and Piston writers say he can, he will be a Steal

I have nothing more to say regarding Amir Johnson. He's got career 3/3 averages, and hes like 220 lbs. He's not good, right now and it's a big question mark if he'll ever live up to his "potential". They've been in the league about 3 years, and they both got splinters in their asses. How long do we have to wait for Amir to become the player you seem to believe he'll be ? Another 2 or 3 years ?

No thats what were saying he's ready to get minutes now, heck. Part of the reason why Saunders got canned is because Amir didn't get enough time in his 3rd year for a title contending team in the Pistons. Now for us I think he maybe a starter this year, and hopefully he does live up to that potential.

• Premium Member
Can I just add Amir Johnson was the pistons 2nd leading shotblocker in just 13min of action :blink: :Hypnotized: :bowdown:

He also averages quite a few fouls in those 13 minutes, too. Amir is SOOOO raw.

But, to me, this discussion should be about Tayshaun vs. Howard. To me, Josh is the better player.

• Premium Member
When did Chillz accept slightly less than the MLE? He was offered MORE than the MLE and turned it down. At this point Marvin will cost, and be worth, more than Childress because he is a better player, younger, and deserves more. I'm not paying him 10 million per unless he blows up this year, but if he does blow up I'd happily pay him.

Reportedly, Josh Childress had decided to sign with the Hawks at the Hawks price but there was no urgency by Sund to get the deal done. From reports of those on the conference call and from one of our squawkers who has had communications with Chillz, he had agreed to basically a starting salary of 5.05 Million dollars.... (That's less than the MLE) and the Hawks heed and hawed.

• Premium Member
Marvin will want about 7.5 next year, and if he makes improvements like he's done every year in his career, I think he deserves it. Let's just say he averages 16/7/2, would you be against giving 7-8.5 a year ?

The contention is that if we get Prince, Marvin will be coming off the bench.

My point was, why keep all that value on the bench, he should be traded.

You say that if he is 16/7/2 then he should be worth 7-8.5.

Again, I say if we get Prince, he won't be 16/7/2. But that doesn't mean he won't have the potential. Therefore, it would probably be a good thing to see what we can get for him.

Reportedly, Josh Childress had decided to sign with the Hawks at the Hawks price but there was no urgency by Sund to get the deal done. From reports of those on the conference call and from one of our squawkers who has had communications with Chillz, he had agreed to basically a starting salary of 5.05 Million dollars.... (That's less than the MLE) and the Hawks heed and hawed.

ladies and gentlemen....your ATLANTA HAWKS!!!!

i think we need a motto along the lines of "guaranteed to screw something in 08-09 or your money back!".

That's just a blatant lie. Diesel, clean up your hate act. You're making shit up as usual.

W

Is this Walter, a new Walter, or Walter's alter-ego Walt???

Also, I think diesel was reading into much too heavily the poster who claimed to correspond with JC.

The contention is that if we get Prince, Marvin will be coming off the bench.

My point was, why keep all that value on the bench, he should be traded.

You say that if he is 16/7/2 then he should be worth 7-8.5.

Again, I say if we get Prince, he won't be 16/7/2. But that doesn't mean he won't have the potential. Therefore, it would probably be a good thing to see what we can get for him.

Oh my god man. We haven't traded Josh Smith. Can you please just answer my question ?

If Marvin Williams averages 16/7/2, would you resign him for 7-8.5 a year ?

If Amir blows up what makes you think the ASG will sign him to a big money contract??

And there we have the problem at hand: Who cares if they turn out to be better, they will either be allowed to walk or be traded for more scrubs in the hopes that they turn out to be gold. A vicious cycle that ASG has no intention of breaking.

And there we have the problem at hand: Who cares if they turn out to be better, they will either be allowed to walk or be traded for more scrubs in the hopes that they turn out to be gold. A vicious cycle that ASG has no intention of breaking.

Well if thats the way you guys want to look at we might as well trade Josh for anything, because as you said (and I dont really disagree with you) even if the players we aquire turn out good, ASG will lowball them and force them out during contract time.

So this means we have a much greater problem at hand, not to find out what Smith trade has the best return value for us but instead how can we get rid of the main root to our problems, the ASG.

Edited by A-town Hawks